Biotest

ZMA and Calcium

I’ve successfully utilized ZMA in the past and was considering adding it back into my supplement regimen. It’s cheap and, IMO, offers great bang for the buck. I note your label recommends against taking it in conjunction with calcium though, which would seem to conflict with my bedtime (typically a double dose) of Metabolic Drive. What is the interaction there and what do you recommend as a work around? I usually have dinner around 7 and the MD around 9:30…

There are some people who disagree with the calcium interaction thing. Others says it’s fine as long as you’re not taking a large amount of calcium in supplement form along with ZMA. Just in case, you can always take your <a href="http://www.t-nation.com/store/products/zma"target=“new”>ZMA about 30 minutes earlier than your Metabolic Drive shake.

Another option is ElitePro mineral support. My understanding is the chelate formula bypasses any absorbtion interactions. I strictly take ElitePro

Not to be misled by the common "Z"s, but any reason not to stack Z12 with ZMA?

Saeufer, that’s a very popular and effective stack. I used it myself last night!

I imagine you slept like a rock…thanks Chris!

Chris, any recommended changes to the dosage of Indigo during a deload week? Coming up on my first on Indigo. Obviously during deload I’m only Training light and, as a result, I tend to eat less (my body simply doesn’t crave the calories the way it does when I’m Training hard).

[quote]Saeufer wrote:
Chris, any recommended changes to the dosage of Indigo during a deload week? Coming up on my first on Indigo. Obviously during deload I’m only Training light and, as a result, I tend to eat less (my body simply doesn’t crave the calories the way it does when I’m Training hard).[/quote]

No need to change dosage. Your body still need those underlying issues with nutrient partitioning and fat cell metabolism fixed up. It’ll just be that much more ready to go when the appetite kicks back in with harder, longer training sessions. Just time your dose of Indigo-3G to come before your biggest, carbiest meal or before training if still using workout nutrition.