Biotest

Z-12 Dose for Jet Lag

What’s the safest dose to KNOCK ME OUT after jet lag?
3 tabs + 7 Elitepro doesn’t do the job when I have extreme jet lag.
Advice please??

Z-12 doesn’t (at least in my case) make it easier to fall asleep, it improves sleep quality (i.e. makes it more restful)

I’d recommend melatonin for helping with jet lag, just take it at the normal time you’d go to sleep and it’ll help reset your circadian rhythms. It’s cheap and should only take a few days to get you feeling better, depending on how far you are traveling. 3mg is what they come in but some people recommend a smaller does of .5mg so you can cut the pill in half or quarters.

Also Z-12 doesn’t cause me to fall asleep but once I do it makes for deep rest. I prefer 5-HTP, melatonin, and a does of magnesium citrate also helps with calming. I don’t use these all the time or all at once (occasionally) but these are what I have found works for me.

Well, 4 caps is the max, so you could take 4 instead of the 3 to start with and see if that improves things slightly.

I only need 2 caps + the Elitepro to knock me out good, so different from even BIP, everyone has a different tolerance. Definitely make sure your room is sleep ready(very dark, no tv, phone, alarm clock, etc)

Or you could try a Z-12 + ZMA combo, the ZMA has a slightly higher magnesium content i believe than Elite Pro which would help relax you even more.

Z-12 is an amazing product so hopefully you find that right combo to get you through.

We do not suggest going over 4 capsules of Z-12. And yes, you may want to look into melatonin, as it’s been tested and used for jet lag. A Google search will bring up some info.

[quote]Efuchs7 wrote:
I’d recommend melatonin for helping with jet lag, just take it at the normal time you’d go to sleep and it’ll help reset your circadian rhythms. It’s cheap and should only take a few days to get you feeling better, depending on how far you are traveling. 3mg is what they come in but some people recommend a smaller does of .5mg so you can cut the pill in half or quarters.
[/quote]
I just bought a bottle and it comes in 3mg tabs, it says take 2 tabs to ease jet lag. Is that just overkill?

[quote]redgladiator wrote:

[quote]Efuchs7 wrote:
[/quote]
I just bought a bottle and it comes in 3mg tabs, it says take 2 tabs to ease jet lag. Is that just overkill?
[/quote]

when it comes to melatonin, start off with a low dose… try out 300-500 mcg first.

also, I recommend taking it a few hours before you go to sleep, as opposed to right before bed time.