Biotest

Yobarman's V-Diet Log - Starting 5/29/09

I was planning on starting this diet on Monday, but I decided, “Fuck it, I can’t wait any longer”, and decided to start today. I am psyched up to the diet so why waste anymore days.

Because of the short notice, I don’t have pics or measurements, but I’ll have them later in the day, and will post them tomorrow.

If you must know I am 6’6" and currently 304. I’m too big for the “meal planner” thing so I had to fake my weight at 265 haha. But if you took a 5’10" guy @ 265 then the comparison would be pretty close.

I have been lifting since high school but the past few years have been a joke in the way of keeping healthy. Sitting at a desk all day and taking months off at the gym has gotten me to where I am. I’ve gotten down to 265-ish in my “prime” which was pretty good for me. It’s not the first time i’ve hit 300 but it will be the last.

There are a number of reasons I am doing the Velocity Diet so I will now bore you with the details.

1. Jump Starting weight loss so I can get in shape again over the summer - When I stick to a diet (which hasn’t happened in recent years) I can melt weight off. Losing 30lbs on the V-Diet won’t surprise me. Once I’m off the diet I want to eat much healthier to feed the heavier lifting I plan on doing.

2. Kill fast food binging - I have a nasty addiction to fast food. The grimiest, most disgusting shit to eat on the planet and I have it 3-5 times a week. I’m so fucking sick of it I want to vomit.

3. I want the body of a Greek god - It has been my desire to have a great body since I’ve started lifting. I’ve gotten close but it never got to the point where I was comfortable taking my shirt off. I’m so fed up it has to happen in the coming months. My body hasn’t seen the sun in so long I’m paler than an Irishman.

As I turn 26 I realize how precious time is. I really just want to get my shit together so I can live life, have fun, and swoon the ladies. At the rate I’m going a heart attack wouldn’t be unlikely at 35. So fuck it, I’m done with it!

I feel the same way. I just started the diet as well i’m on day three. Good luck man. Get some stats and pics up.

Wow - you seem really motivated to change! That’s the right attitude - you will get amazing results if you stay with that mindset.

I’m on day 22, I’m not going to lie, it’s mentally tough, but trust me it is so worth it.

Good luck - get ready to change

On day two. So far so good.

OK hear are the measurements.

5/29/09
height 6’6"
weight 304
neck 17.5"
shoulders 54"
Chest Upper - 53"
Chest Lower - 48"
Waist at Navel - 50"
Waist at Largest - 50"
Upper Arm L - 14.75"
Upper Arm R - 15"
Upper Leg L - 26.5"
Upper Leg R - 26.5"
Lower Leg L - 18"
Lower Leg R - 18.5"
Ankle L - 11"
Ankle R - 11"

On day 3.

Did the V-Diet Circuit today. Holy fuck it whooped my ass. I barely finished 2 circuits before I damn near fainted. It took a solid 20 minutes or more to get just the 2 done. Wow I’m out of shape.

day 4.

god almighty i wish Superfood was in capsule form. It’s the only thing I can’t stomach.

i found out that putting the flaxseed right into my shakes helps with putting that shit down. I was eating it straight up with a spoon and it felt like eating dirt.

I am down 10.lbs since Friday.

I will post pics at the end of this treacherous journey.

Day 11 - I am really amazed I have made it this far. But I am still going strong… well, not that strong to say the least.

12lbs lost thusfar.

Wednesday I had more of a cheat meal than a HSM. We hit up the hibachi grill and I kind of pigged out like a slob. I didn’t get back until Wednesday’s weight until Saturday. It took 3 fuckin’ days to recover. Since then I haven’t lost a pound but I’m not worried.

Anyway, let this be a lesson. Respect the HSM and don’t pig out and turn it into a cheat day.

Day 15 begins.

Down 15.5 lbs. Excellent. I am taking pics but I’m not posting them because they are depressing. After the 6 weeks I will definitely post.

At this point the diet is on auto-pilot and I just accept the fact that food isn’t going to end up in the stomach. It’s depressing at times not being eat solid food, but I get over it fairly quickly.

That said the workouts are kicking my ass. I do an hour of cardio (biking, ellipitcal) on off days. I could do a NEPA walk but it just seems lame.

Today’s the last day.

During Week 3, I did about 3 days of the V-Diet, then failed miserably when a ton of friends came into town. I didn’t completely fail, but I ate enough regular food and drank enough to make my self start over week 3 the next Monday.

So about 10 days are missing when I started over, which is why the dates are a little messed up.

Also my measurements aren’t perfect because I did them myself… so it’s possible I didn’t measure in the same spot each time.

Start - 5/29/09
height 6’6"
weight 304
neck 17.5"
shoulders 54"
Chest Upper - 53"
Chest Lower - 48"
Waist at Navel - 50"
Waist at Largest - 50"
Hips - 44"
Upper Arm L - 14.75"
Upper Arm R - 15"
Upper Leg L - 26.5"
Upper Leg R - 26.5"
Lower Leg L - 18"
Lower Leg R - 18.5"
Ankle L - 11"
Ankle R - 11"

End Week 1 - 6/5/09
height 6’6"
weight 294.5
neck 17.25"
shoulders 56"
Chest Upper - 50"
Chest Lower - 48"
Waist at Navel - 49"
Waist at Largest - 49"
Hips - 43"
Upper Arm L - 15"
Upper Arm R - 15"
Upper Leg L - 26"
Upper Leg R - 26"
Lower Leg L - 18"
Lower Leg R - 18.5"
Ankle L - 11"
Ankle R - 11"

End Week 2 - 6/12/09
height 6’6"
weight 287
neck 16.5"
shoulders 54"
Chest Upper - 47"
Chest Lower - 49"
Waist at Navel - 48"
Waist at Largest - 48"
Hips - 42.5"
Upper Arm L - 15"
Upper Arm R - 15"
Upper Leg L - 26"
Upper Leg R - 26"
Lower Leg L - 21"
Lower Leg R - 21"
Ankle L - 11"
Ankle R - 11"

End Week 3 - 6/28/09
height 6’6"
weight 285.5
neck 16.5"
shoulders 55"
Chest Upper - 46"
Chest Lower - 48"
Waist at Navel - 48"
Waist at Largest - 48"
Hips - 42.5"
Upper Arm L - 16"
Upper Arm R - 15.5"
Upper Leg L - 25.5"
Upper Leg R - 25.5"
Lower Leg L - 21"
Lower Leg R - 21"
Ankle L - 11"
Ankle R - 11"

End Week 4 - 7/6/09
weight 280.5
neck 16.5"
shoulders 54"
Chest Upper - 47"
Chest Lower - 48"
Waist at Navel - 47.5"
Waist at Largest - 47.5"
Hips - 42.5"
Upper Arm L - 15.5"
Upper Arm R - 15.5"
Upper Leg L - 25"
Upper Leg R - 25"
Lower Leg L - 20.5"
Lower Leg R - 20.5"
Ankle L - 11"
Ankle R - 11"

End Week 6 - 7/19/09
weight 282
neck 16.5"
shoulders 53"
Chest Upper - 46"
Chest Lower - 47.5"
Waist at Navel - 47"
Waist at Largest - 47"
Hips - 42.5"
Upper Arm L - 15.5"
Upper Arm R - 15.5"
Upper Leg L - 25.5"
Upper Leg R - 25.5"
Lower Leg L - 20"
Lower Leg R - 20"
Ankle L - 11"
Ankle R - 11"

Final Thoughts -

1. I’m still fat, and I haven’t done this diet perfectly. That said, one cannot expect miraculous results in 6 weeks. But being down 22lbs is still pretty good for me, and this is only the jump start of some hard core training.

2. Unfortunately I never took a body fat measurement, but I definitely feel like I put on a lot of muscle. I’m in far better shape than when I started the diet.

For example, I can bust out 2-3 sets of 8x dips, which I couldn’t do before. My deadlift is also getting up there, and I wouldn’t be suprised if I can hit my bodyweight next week.

1. I went hardcore on the NEPA stuff. Instead of 30 minutes of strolling around, I did 1 hour of solid cardio on my non-workout days. Stationary bike and elliptical were my favorite to do, and I kept a great heartrate during the whole hour. Sometimes I’d through in a few dips and 2x50 crunches after the NEPA.

[quote]yobarman wrote:
Final Thoughts -

1. I’m still fat, and I haven’t done this diet perfectly. That said, one cannot expect miraculous results in 6 weeks. But being down 22lbs is still pretty good for me, and this is only the jump start of some hard core training.

2. Unfortunately I never took a body fat measurement, but I definitely feel like I put on a lot of muscle. I’m in far better shape than when I started the diet.

For example, I can bust out 2-3 sets of 8x dips, which I couldn’t do before. My deadlift is also getting up there, and I wouldn’t be suprised if I can hit my bodyweight next week.

1. I went hardcore on the NEPA stuff. Instead of 30 minutes of strolling around, I did 1 hour of solid cardio on my non-workout days. Stationary bike and elliptical were my favorite to do, and I kept a great heartrate during the whole hour. Sometimes I’d through in a few dips and 2x50 crunches after the NEPA.[/quote]

Still, I say you did awesome. Dropping 22 lbs PLUS being in better shape (strength, mobility, etc.) is excellent.

If I had to grade myself it’d be a C+. I’m happy I finished, but could’ve done a lot better after reading up on some of these other threads.