Biotest

Xray Chick and her V-Diet

Hi there…my story is long and boring so I will just get to the point. I’m fat and need to lose some weight. I have plenty of excuses but they are just that a bunch of rationalizations that have gotten me to where I am.

I do have one issue that I hope the Vdiet will help with…my emotional attachment to food. It started a few years ago when I was going through a divorce, my mom was diagnosed with cancer and I was moving from Arizona to Washington state. Over the years I hid my emotions and fears and buried them in food.

My mom passed a couple of years ago and it was one of the worst pains I have ever gone through. I started back to school and gave up on my body. So here I am almost done with school and about 20lbs over weight.

I have ordered all my goodies and they are supposed to be here on Tuesday 3/17. I won’t get home until late so I was planning on starting on Weds 3/18. But I need my HSM meals to be on Sundays 3/22.

It is my only day off all week and I would like to have lunch with my boyfriend. Should I start on Weds 3/18 and have my first HSM on Sunday 3/22 or does that not spread them out far enough? Should I wait and have my frist day be on Friday 3/20 and then the HSM on the following Sunday 3/29? Just not really sure about the timing is all.

Once I do start I will post images (YUCK) and measurements. I will also get my body fat tested on Tuesday at the gym. I am so ready for this. I know it will be difficult (I don’t have a lot of support from the boyfriend) so I will be here a lot.

Thanks everyone!

Good luck! I started one week ago, today…haven’t posted pics or stats yet (I have them though…). Don’t worry about the support at home…I don’t get it either. While I’m sucking down my shakes others are eating all my favorites…quesedillas, doritos, COLD STONE CREAMERY, lol. Plus I’ve been to lunch several times this week with co-workers just to get out of the office, and I haven’t touched a thing. I can tell you the first 3-4 days take some getting used to…but now I feel pretty good. Good luck!

Hi Gibs,

Congratulations on your decision to change your life and your relationship with food! I, too, for various reasons have used food to comfort me.

Check out my journal, stats and pics. Posting the pics really got me off my ass!! I am now accountable and every time I log in, I actually see that my mind has not been too honest with me. The pictures do not lie.

What this diet has done for me thus far has been a revelation. For me this rehab! I have had dreams of food, dreams if hiding food, and dreams of being ashamed of the relationship with food.

Best of luck to you!

Donna

The addictive properties of food are well documented, and “emotional eating” can be a sign of this. But it CAN be kicked, and the V-Diet can help you do it.

As for your question, it’s best to wait around 6 days before your first HSM, but your plan is fine. We just don’t want HSMs to come too close together or too far apart. It’s best to set a day and stick to it: every Sunday at lunch for example. Or every Saturday at dinner.

I’m so excited, I just checked my email and it looks as if my goodies have arrived a day early!!! I’ll have to make sure when I get home. If it is the case I will start my diet tomorrow. I will get my photos, measurements and body fat checked at the gym and get going on this journey.

I think if I start tomorrow then I can stick to my plan on having my HSM on Sundays. That will work out well for me. The only other fear I have is to be foggy in the brain. I have HUGE test on 3/25 it is a 3 hour test to get my certification and it encompasses all the information I have learned over the last 2 years. If I don’t pass I don’t get certified.

If I remember reading other journals the brain fog seems to go away after about the first week. So the sooner I start the better. I know if I put this off until after the test…well there you go it is rationalization.

Gotta stop at the store today and get some flax and almond butter. I will be very dillegent about measuring the nut butter, it is a binge food!!!

Photos to come tomorrow.

Donna: I did read your journal and you are very inspiring to me. I hope we can stay intouch since you seem to understand the attachment I have with food.

Actually, temporary “brain fog” is usually only experienced by those on VERY low-carb diets. The V-Diet isn’t VERY low… lower than your previous diet probably, but not super low.

Sure, there can be an adjustment period though. During that time, you just stay strong, dig in, and grind it out. By week 4 most people are asking me if they can go on another week. But on day 2, not so much!

Keep us posted. A daily log can really keep you motivated.

i too struggle with the bingeing and unhealthy relationship with food. i started some therapy in december and january and the V-Diet is helping me reconstruct this relationship from “comfort” to “fuel”. i’m 2 weeks in and i’m definitely seeing a difference with my thought process.

the automatic instincts are still there, but the physical addiction is pretty much gone. so it’s a matter of being honest with myself instead of rationalizing my way through every day. it is hard work, but i know it’s worth it. stick with it and you will see what i mean! (my log is 28 Days & Later – check it out)

I got all my stuff yesterday!! I’m excited and a bit scared to fail at the same time. I’m a perfect example of a perfectionist and a procrastinator. But not this time, I’m jumping in so here it goes.

Woke up and weighed and measured myself already.BF and workout later after class.

I took my HOT-ROX (which I have to be careful with because it make my heart go crazy). I also got some Carbolin 19 just in case I can’t do the HOT-ROX. I did 30 min on my treadmil (a very nice one that needs to be used) at 4.0 and 2% incline (is that enough of an incline?) I will do more later.

Here are my measurements. I don’t have pictures yet the battery was dead in my camera so it is charging.

I am a 33 year old female
Height 67.5"
Weight 163.8
Body Fat 25%
Neck 12.5
Shoulders 42
Chest - Upper 36
Chest - Lower 32.5
Waist - at Navel 32.75
Waist - at largest 36.6
Hips - at largest 40
Upper Arm - L 12
Upper Arm - R 12
Upper Leg - L 23.5
Upper Leg - R 23.25
Lower Leg - L 13.5
Lower Leg - R 14
Ankle - L 8.75
Ankle - R 8.75

These numbers make me want to puke and I almost wanted to cry when I saw them. But they are honest as will be my photos.

I really want this. I sat down with my BF last night and explained to him the best I could about my reasons for doing this. And guess what? He is on board and going to support me. That made my day!!!

Ok I better go. I’m late already but had to post

Ok I got my body fat done at the gym and did my first workout. I just added the body fat to my other numbers.

And as you can see I figured out how to add a main picture…that is me on the beach in Mandvi, India. I just got back in January after 5 weeks of travel and volunteer work. I can’t wait to go back…I loved it.

I took some pics for this but they are horrible, because I can’t take a picture to save my life and because of how I look. Maybe the BF will take some later…here they are dirty mirror and all.

Be kind!

front

side

backside

Gibs—I don’t know a woman alive who doesn’t have SOME feelings about food!! Your pics look good and soon they’ll FANTASTIC!!! If you need anything, feel free to stop by my blog–Flexrx

[quote]Flexrx wrote:
Gibs—I don’t know a woman alive who doesn’t have SOME feelings about food!! Your pics look good and soon they’ll FANTASTIC!!! If you need anything, feel free to stop by my blog–Flexrx[/quote]

Flexrx thanks for the support. I sure do need it. I got to read your journal and it looks like you are doing great. Don’t get too hard on yourself…shake it off and get back to it.

Today is day 2. I finished yesterday strong and ready for today. The shakes were getting rough at the end but I just pounded them down. BF was great. He didn’t say anything while I made a shake and he ate dinner. I just know that when it gets hard I won’t be able to complain to him. So I will be on here.

I have to work at the hospital all day and when I get home I will do my NEPA. I can’t wait for the weather to change so I can be outside. This last minute snow in Seattle is a real downer!

I have my shakes all packed and my blender to go with me to the hospital. Today should be pretty easy since I’m usually so busy all day long with patients.

If anyone has words of advice please feel free to post…even if it is just something silly. I love a good laugh!

Hi Gibs,

Like you, I started my V-Diet journey earlier this week too (on Monday so today is Day 3).

Regarding the incline on the treadmill, I up it to level 5 just so that at 4 MPH it simulates a slightly steep walk (anything lower on the incline and the treadmill almost forces me to start a jog).

I would’ve never guessed that picture was taken in Mandvi, Gujarat - did you spend time in Mumbai as well (my hometown!)?

Stay Strong!

etrader83 (My log is on Veggie V-Diet 3.0)

Rickshaw rides in Mumbai makes for an interesting experience.

But I bet your rickshaw was not as interesting as this one:

[quote]gibs wrote:
I’m so excited, I just checked my email and it looks as if my goodies have arrived a day early!!! I’ll have to make sure when I get home. If it is the case I will start my diet tomorrow. I will get my photos, measurements and body fat checked at the gym and get going on this journey.

I think if I start tomorrow then I can stick to my plan on having my HSM on Sundays. That will work out well for me. The only other fear I have is to be foggy in the brain. I have HUGE test on 3/25 it is a 3 hour test to get my certification and it encompasses all the information I have learned over the last 2 years. If I don’t pass I don’t get certified.

If I remember reading other journals the brain fog seems to go away after about the first week. So the sooner I start the better. I know if I put this off until after the test…well there you go it is rationalization.

Gotta stop at the store today and get some flax and almond butter. I will be very dillegent about measuring the nut butter, it is a binge food!!!

Photos to come tomorrow.

Donna: I did read your journal and you are very inspiring to me. I hope we can stay intouch since you seem to understand the attachment I have with food.[/quote]

I am here for you honey!

Once you get started, I think since we have that same attachment, you will see just what an attachment it is, but with plan and the right attitude, we can overcome. Just hang in there; it is not an easy diet. Last night was a little rough for me, I was hungry but I just had my shake, PB, and flax and went to bed. I would get the supplement Chris suggested for sleep, not ZMA but the other; it really helps, especially at the end of a stressful day.

Hang tough

Rock on gibs! Let’s get through the sicky icky feeling and make this happen. We’re here for you, and I know what you mean by not being able to complain to the boyfriend. I felt like a sinking rock with mold on it in the middle of a bottomless sinkhole yesterday but I couldnt say a word to him because he said if I chose to do this, he expects me to not be bitchy about it. LOL ok! Doin my best to not be.

Just keep thinking about the amazingness of your body after you’re done. You’re already beautiful, so cant wait to see you when you’re done.

Lisa

I have another issue…I keep burping the fish oil…YUCK! Today seems to be going better but I have only gotten 2 shakes down. I will take my 3rd one at lunch then have the last two tonight when I get home and one for dinner.

I feel pretty good today. The HOT-ROX haven’t given me too much problem but a slight headache. Of course there is a bunch of junk around the hospital, homemade cupcakes and other sweet stuff…I don’t want any of it. Very nice!!

Is is ok if I have a diet soda now and then? What about herbal tea…I love water but some hot tea would be nice and now and then a little fizzle from soda.