Biotest

Xalor's V-Diet Log

I wasn’t going to do a log, but I found myself reading others and began to truly feel like part of a group which motivated me more. I started on Sunday so today was my third full day and the hardest so far. I went over my friends to watch the season premiere of Lost and they ordered pizza.

I was sitting on a three person couch with my girlfriend on one side and my friend on the other both eating pizza and I almost broke down right there and grabbed a slice. Instead I chugged two bottles of water and just gritted my teeth. I keep seeing everyone post that the first week is the hardest so I’m hoping that’s true and it’ll get better with time.

I don’t know if anyone else has this problem, but my morning shake has been a struggle so far. The first two days i got slightly nauseous, but it subsided. The other shakes taste fine and haven’t given me much problem; in fact the bed time shake with nut butter (i use almond) is like a treat for a job well done. I use a good amount of ice and it truly tastes like a milk shake…a little sad i know.

Well that’s it for now, wish me luck. I took before pictures, but I’m not going to post them until after the diets over for comparison.

Day 4:

Today was my second work out (I did the intermediate program)and it took a great deal out of me. The whole low carb this is really starting to sap my energy (THX GOD FOR HOT-ROX!). I set my alarm for 10 30 and promptly overslept to 11:30 so I didn’t finish my morning shake until 12 and was at the gym at 1. Got a tad nauseous during the beginning but overcame it by downing water.

Reverse Lunges: warm up (no weight): 15reps…Working sets: 45x2: 8/8/8/8/8 (perfect weight: will probably stick with it and try to perfect form next week)
Bent-over barbell rows: 95lb - 10 reps then upped it to 115lbs: 10/10/10
Push press - barbell: Started at 95 lbs and squeezed out 8 reps (sloppy at end) so I lowered it to 75lbs for 8/8/8/8
Ez-curl bar curls: (recovering from a wrist injury and flat barbells aggravate it): 60lbs : 10/10/8/6/6
Reverse crunch (floor): 15/12/10/10

After lifting I took Surge at the gym and walked on an inclined (3.5) treadmill for 15 minutes at 3.7mph. Then I walked back to my room on campus which was another 15 minutes. Showered and rushed out for class at 3:50 which is another 15minute walk. After class I took a roundabout route back to my room at acquire another 30 more minutes of NEPA.

Now I’m sipping on my Shake #4 with one more to go. (I’m a night owl and don’t plan to sleep until 2-3 am). I know about you guys, but the milled flax seeds don’t mix worth a shit. Even in a blender the stuff goes straight to the bottom. As far as hunger pangs go I was actually pretty good today. My roommate is a gym rat like me and eats bland food, so when he cooks I don’t seem to get get any cravings.

Day 6:

Tired, just got back from Day 3 at the gym, just going to put up some numbers for now.

Woke up at 11…HOT-ROX…1 hour later Shake #1…30min NEPA through rocky / woods terrain. Came back and headed to gym

Work out:

Deadlift: Warm up --> 95 lb
135lb --> 10/8/8/7/7
Incline Dumb-bell: Warm up --> 35lb X2
60lb X2 --> 8/7/6
55lb X2 --> 6
50lb X2 --> 7/6
Lat Pulldown: Warm up --> 75lb
112.5 --> 8/8/8/8/8
Hand Walkout from Knees --> 8/8/8/8/8

Treadmill --> 20min at 3.5mph on incline 4.5

I’ll report more later, so far the gym has been challenging. Never been so carb depleted.

Day 9:

I’m very bad at posting everyday so I’ll summarize. Times my HSM for Super bowl sunday so I didn’t want to commit suicide. It was 8oz of round steak, a small (150g) sweet potato, and broccoli. Never has broccoli tasted so amazing, and as far as the sweet potato and steak goes, it was a virtual food-gasm in my mouth. I can tell my stomach has shrunk because no chance this meal would ever have filled me up before, but by the end I was completely satiated.

Later that day I went to friends apt and spent whole time watching people eat chicken wings, cocktail franks, nachos, bread bowl dip, brownies, and more. It was pretty hard, but I managed not to make it through and not cheat.

Today was my first weigh in and I went from 235.6 to 230.6 (-5.0lb) which is certaintly a moral booster on a day that was kind of hard. Not that I was extremely hungry it’s just sad to think it’s another 6 days before my next HSM.

Workout:

Front Squat: 155 lb --> 5/5/5/5
Lat pulldown: 150 lb --> 5/5/5/5
Bench press: 185 lb --> 5/5/4/3/3

Due to lower back injury (which only bothers me on ab wheel and not the hand walkout…strange) I substituted the ab exercise for a different one. I laid down and put my legs up on a bench so my calves were on it and did crunches untill they burned. I did five sets of those --> 15/15/12/10/10

Day 9:

I’m very bad at posting everyday so I’ll summarize. Times my HSM for Super bowl sunday so I didn’t want to commit suicide. It was 8oz of round steak, a small (150g) sweet potato, and broccoli. Never has broccoli tasted so amazing, and as far as the sweet potato and steak goes, it was a virtual food-gasm in my mouth. I can tell my stomach has shrunk because no chance this meal would ever have filled me up before, but by the end I was completely satiated.

Later that day I went to friends apt and spent whole time watching people eat chicken wings, cocktail franks, nachos, bread bowl dip, brownies, and more. It was pretty hard, but I managed not to make it through and not cheat.

Today was my first weigh in and I went from 235.6 to 230.6 (-5.0lb) which is certaintly a moral booster on a day that was kind of hard. Not that I was extremely hungry it’s just sad to think it’s another 6 days before my next HSM.

Workout:

Front Squat: 155 lb --> 5/5/5/5
Lat pulldown: 150 lb --> 5/5/5/5
Bench press: 185 lb --> 5/5/4/3/3

Due to lower back injury (which only bothers me on ab wheel and not the hand walkout…strange) I substituted the ab exercise for a different one. I laid down and put my legs up on a bench so my calves were on it and did crunches untill they burned. I did five sets of those --> 15/15/12/10/10

Xalor, I hope you’re still sticking with it. Looks like you’ve been MIA for a week or two. How about an update?

Day 24:

Haha, yeah I’m still sticking with it (haven’t cheated once), just got lazy with the log. However I will give you an update.
My first V-burn time (1hr and 2min) was laughable and shameful. I just had to take 10 min breaks at points to avoid vomiting everywhere. My 2nd one was much better (42 min) and only had the urge to vomit once. My 3rd one was even better (37min 27sec) and I didn’t even want to vomit once. So as far as V-burns go, though I do dread them, I am getting better every week.

The workouts have also been getting better. At first my strength dropped significantly (never been on a low card diet before) so I was rather disappointed with the weight I was putting up. However, now I’m not quite back to the strength I was at before the diet began, but certainly a great deal closer.

The hunger cravings have all but vanished (though I’m still left with this perplexing urge for pizza) and it happened around day 21 like Chris said. I remember my first HSM I was drooling for. But my most recent one (3rd) I wasn’t even hungry for! Don’t get me wrong I savored every chewable morsel, but I didn’t have the insatiable urge to eat forever and ever.

Now the weight category. I started the diet at 235 lbs. After my first week I dropped to 230. After my second I only dropped 2lbs to 228, which was a tad disappointing, but my most recent weigh in on Day 21 I dropped another 6 for a total of 13lbs (222) which made me feel a great deal better. As for inches, I didn’t do measurements which was stupid, but I can visibly notice lost inches in my arms, legs, and waist. A pair of pants that was uncomfortably tight on me before the diet now is loose.

I’ll try and keep a more consistent log from here on out, but that’s my V-Diet summary so far. For anyone who is reading this and hasn’t started yet, It’s not an impossible diet, it will give you results, and I highly recommend it. If it wasn’t a financial issue ( me = broke college student ) I would seriously consider starting it up again in 4-6 weeks, but after the transition I’m just going to eat healthier with a few shakes throughout the day.

Xalor, I’m right there with you. My second HSM wasn’t dissappointing, but I found a noticeable inability to finish my meal. The first one I managed through an appetizer, salad, and fish main course. This time I was craving a little more spice and barely made it through some soup and a partial appetizer at a Mexican place. I barely touched the main dish which was a nice tender marinated pork. Time was I could tear that up and then some without blinking.

I’ve been craving pizza like crazy, but haven’t been willing to break the diet for it. I think once I get the chance, I’ll have a piece or two, but not back to my old habits of downing 2/3 of a pizza. I did have a bite of a pizza dip on a triscut with my first HSM (girlfriend had fixed it), but I actually found it a bit greasy and rough on my stomach. I hope that the guy that could down anything has not become a sissy all of the sudden.

Anyway, let us know how the transition is going…

Day 2 of transition begins now. I weighed in yesterday and was a tad disappointed only another 1.8 lbs lost from the 3rd week weigh in, but hey I can visually see a huge difference and that’s what matters. That brings my total weight loss on this diet to 14.2 lbs! I will post before and after pics soon (lazy).

Yesterdays meal was AMAZING. My girlfriend went on weight watchers about a week after I started the V-Diet, though she only weighs like 118, which worked out great for me cause she was eating healthier and snacking in front of me less. Yesterday we made turkey burgers out of fresh ground turkey meat (i made 2 4oz burgers) with reduced fat cheese and asaparagus.

If four weeks ago you said I would have been drooling over this meal I would have called you crazy, but every bite was awesome. I had the turkey burger on whole wheat fiber one bread which I know Chris said to avoid if possible, but it’s better than white bread. Tonight I’ll be making tilapia with sweet patato and broccoli; I love being able to eat everyday!

Also my fourth V-burn went great. I shaved another ~3 minutes off my time (35:37) and no vomit feeling at all. For the transition work outs i switch to advanced because the intermediate had no squating at all which is something I didn’t want to give up.

Squat --> 185 lbs - 8/8/8/8/8
Dip --> Bodyweight - 8/8/8/8/8
Pull up nuetral --> started with pull ups and only got out 4 and then 4 so i switched the lat pulldown for four more sets of 8 at 120 lbs.
Leg curls: OMG THESE ANNIHILATED ME! Four weeks ago I definitely would not have been able to do them. Anyway i did 5 sets of 8.

So I have officially finished the V-DIET and am about 1 week out of the 2nd transition week. I have been lazy and only got around to taking photos recently, so the progress shown reflects 6 weeks of the V-diet + 5 days of healthy, solid eating. Before picture are shown on the left and after are shown on the right. I went from 235.8 lbs to 213.0 lbs. Unfortunately I didn’t take measurements, but I can tell you none of my clothes fit anymore =P
FRONT:

woops, posted last post twice; oh well heres right of pics

Left Side:

Right Side:

Good before and after-- post your picture in the before and after thread if you haven’t!!

Way to go!

IMPRESSIVE

Bravo, Xalor…

Thanks, and yes I also posted them in the before and after column

Wowwww, what a great results. That’s a huge difference. Good Job dude.

Very nice work man. Ridiculous results for a month and a half long effort.

Now all you need is a razor…hahahaha j/k bro