Biotest

Workout Progression Help Needed

Hi Folks

I’m currently in the process of moving into my girlfriend’s house, but she has no internet there. As a result, the only net access I have is at work. Here’s the problem: they only have IE6 there, and the tech dudes on this site say that IE7 or later is required to see the progressions for the workouts.

Could anybody be so kind as to tell me what they are (or host a pdf file or something somewhere) so that I can start this damn thing some time soon, please? I’d be going for the intermediate level workout.

Thanks in advance if anybody could help me. Hopefully I’ll be starting on April 13th. The only place I could find milled flax seeds has none in and won’t until early April.

[quote]Woppa wrote:
Hi Folks

I’m currently in the process of moving into my girlfriend’s house, but she has no internet there. As a result, the only net access I have is at work. Here’s the problem: they only have IE6 there, and the tech dudes on this site say that IE7 or later is required to see the progressions for the workouts.

Could anybody be so kind as to tell me what they are (or host a pdf file or something somewhere) so that I can start this damn thing some time soon, please? I’d be going for the intermediate level workout.

Thanks in advance if anybody could help me. Hopefully I’ll be starting on April 13th. The only place I could find milled flax seeds has none in and won’t until early April.[/quote]

Milled flax seeds are available in any health food store, pharmacy-type places like CVS, Walmart, and in the baking section of just about every grocery store.

As for the progressions, I’ll try to cut and paste it:

Each week you’ll make the workout harder by decreasing the rest periods five seconds for each workout.

Day Week 1 Week 2 Week 3 Week 4
Monday rest 30 25 20 15
Wednesday rest 45 40 35 30
Friday rest 45 40 35 30

This doesn’t mean the workouts will get shorter. Since the rest periods are decreasing, it should take you more sets to reach the target number of reps for each exercise.

V-Burn Challenge

Each workout, attempt to reduce the amount of time it takes you to complete the V-Burn Challenge. Keep the circuits challenging, but not so draining that they interfere with your progress in the weight workouts.

Thanks for your help.

Unfortunately, I live in a sleepy backwater in Britain, so some foodstuffs aren’t as readily available over here, and even the so called “super” markets don’t stock them.

I’d heard Coach Waterbury talk about his inclusion of a rest progression and had guessed that a five second reduction was the only sensible rest progression, but didn’t want to assume.

Thanks again.