Biotest

Workout Nutrition: Plazma, Mag-10, Anything Else?

Ever since I started lifting I was always told taking Whey protein right after working out will give you the best results. Now there is MAG-10 and Plazma and I am a little confused. If I am using MAG-10 and Plazma as per instructions on the container is there a need to have additional protein shake after working out if my goal is to increase strength and lose body fat.

[quote]smasick502 wrote:
Ever since I started lifting I was always told taking Whey protein right after working out will give you the best results. Now there is MAG-10 and Plazma and I am a little confused. If I am using MAG-10 and Plazma as per instructions on the container is there a need to have additional protein shake after working out if my goal is to increase strength and lose body fat.[/quote]

I’ve made my best gains from taking PLAZMA pre and during my workouts and then MAG-10 30 minutes after the session and a solid meal (or a FINIBAR) 60-90 minutes after the MAG-10.

Whey protein is nothing special. It was great many years ago since it was a step up from other sources of protein when it comes to speed of absorption the faster a protein is absorbed, the greater anabolic spike it can potentially create). But in that regard MAG-10 is absorbed MUCH MUCH faster than whey protein, making it a better alternative. So no, if you are taking MAG-10 there is no need to add whey protein.