Biotest

Workout for an Elimination Diet

I’m starting an elimination diet for my migraines tomorrow (Monday) and I was wondering what sort of workout I should be pursuing with the diet. The diet is based of Dr. Mark Hyman’s book “The UltraMind Solution,” in which I will avoiding certain foods to help root out the causes of the migraines.

I’ve been toying with the idea of the bodybuilding program or the six weeks to superhero, which I’ve done before while on Indigo for six months.

Any ideas?

I’m not too familiar with that diet plan, so I don’t know how restrictive it is. As a general rule of thumb, you don’t want to go after pure hypertrophy when you’re on a sub-maintenance calorie diet. You can do it of course, but muscle gains won’t be optimal for most experienced people. Recovery may take longer, so you may want to look into some light conditioning work and shorter weight training sessions with rest days built it.

But again, it depends on how strict this plan is. If you can eliminate certain foods but still keep calories up from other safe foods, and ideally take care of peri-workout nutrition (Anaconda, MAG-10, Plazma as examples), then you can do any weight-training program you want.