Biotest

Woman's Wt Limit? Shakes w/ Milk?

Hey Chris,
As you know, I recently finished the V-diet with results I’m very happy with. When I first went to the website to get started on it, I weighed 118. I had to lie and say I weighed 125 because at 118, it said it wasn’t recommended for me. Why is the limit for women 125? I weigh less than that and still had amazing results.

Second, I have a number of people interested in the V-Diet. Would it mess things up for them if instead of using water, they used watered down coconut milk or almond milk with their shakes? Just for a little variety in taste…Thanks!

I think it screw’s with the calories if you added in some other type of milk. Plus it’s not good for the taste-bug reprogramming.

I think the weight limit is 125 due to the calorie restriction, don’t want you being restricted too low. Ofcourse it also depends on your height, but if say a 5’10 woman weighs 118 that’s super skinny no? ( I don’t understand how women’s body weight works ).

Chris is a huge stickler on sticking to the V-Diet protocol 100% or don’t even say you’re doing the V-Diet. I’ll defer to him for the final answer on the milk.

[quote]kellikeyes wrote:
Hey Chris,
As you know, I recently finished the V-diet with results I’m very happy with. When I first went to the website to get started on it, I weighed 118. I had to lie and say I weighed 125 because at 118, it said it wasn’t recommended for me. Why is the limit for women 125? I weigh less than that and still had amazing results.

Second, I have a number of people interested in the V-Diet. Would it mess things up for them if instead of using water, they used watered down coconut milk or almond milk with their shakes? Just for a little variety in taste…Thanks![/quote]

1. We have to set the limit somewhere, though of course there will always be outliers: short women who don’t weigh a lot but still have poor body comps, and very tall men who aren’t obese, just 6’7" and athletic.

Most of them can just “fib” to the V-Diet calculator: 125 lower limit for women, 265 upper limit for men.

And we have run into men and women who have eating disorders and try to get on the diet when they’re 5’3" and 100 pounds. The V-Diet simply isn’t made for the very obese or the skeletal. (Though it would certainly be more healthful than bingeing and purging. Still, too many medical issues there.)

1. I love almond milk, but using it for shakes would add hundred of calories and really throw off the macros.

Most people can’t tell the difference between a Metabolic Drive shake mixed with milk or one mixed with water. As you know, they’re rich and creamy even mixed with plain water. And if someone doesn’t think so, well, then that’s just a “suck it up” moment. It’s a diet. You don’t get Dairy Queen Blizzards.

And now I’ll be the crotchety old man: When I did the V-Diet there were only two flavors. Now there are four. Boo-hoo to those who want even more flavors. :wink:

Seriously, check into Da Vinci sugar-free syrups, or the Biotest Liquid Flavoring Systems that come with things like MAG-10 (orange, grape, berry). Tons of flavor options there, without any added calories or sugar alcohols.

Makes sense, thanks. Yeah, guess that is a little bit whiny, huh?