Biotest

Will the V-Diet Be for Me?

I have been bulking for 9 months now. Despite following Berardi’s Precision Nutrition I have gained ALOT more fat that I had planned.

I need to loose about 20 pounds of body fat and/or 5-6" off my waist.

The problem is I am only 160 pounds (at 5’5"). My plan was to get up to around 180 than cut down.

My new plan is to cut during March-April. Hopefully I am around 170# than.

Questions:
At my hieght is it ok to do an “extreme” diet at a lighter body weight?

Can I just in to the V-Diet right after a bulk? Should I lower my cals to maint. level for a week or 2 before the diet or would I get the same results going from 3500 kals daily down to 1500 or so?

Thanks

This is always a tough call without a photo. You sound too “small” to be on any cutting diet, but body weight can be deceptive given height and actual body composition.

Body comp is the important element here. And yes, it’s possible to be carrying way too much body fat, even at a light body weight. Of course, the problem is most people only guess wildly at their body comp, or use an iffy method like electrical scales.

Training age is also an issue. How long have you been lifting seriously? Is there enough muscle under there to show off?

Next, I think bulking when you’re already overly fat is a bad idea. Usually this leads to way more fat gain than muscle gain, the instillation of bad dietary habits etc. Most people way overdo a mass plan. You need adequate, quality food, not 5 times as much junk food.

Now, all that said, I like cold turkey. (It tastes best.) Most people can jump right into the V-Diet, no need to pussyfoot around with a maintenance phase. What are they maintaining? Love handles? A pregnant belly?

I’m not saying you need the V-Diet. I have no idea. But maybe I’ve given you some things to think about.

I am making some changes to my diet for the next month or so than I am pretty sure I will do the V-Diet.

I will not be 180# like the orginal plan but I need to get rid of this fat fast.

This is off topic and probaly a dumb question because I know everyone responds to diet plans diffrently, but is there an average inches lost on the V-Diet?

One of the reasons I am considering the V-Diet is beacuse I want to loose 5" off my mid section FAST. I am more concerned with that goal rather than total bodyfat lost. I should be in a size 31" jeans but am wearing 36! it makes me sick.

[quote]DF85 wrote:
This is off topic and probaly a dumb question because I know everyone responds to diet plans diffrently, but is there an average inches lost on the V-Diet?

One of the reasons I am considering the V-Diet is beacuse I want to loose 5" off my mid section FAST. I am more concerned with that goal rather than total bodyfat lost. I should be in a size 31" jeans but am wearing 36! it makes me sick.[/quote]

Way too many variables to provide a typical number of inches lost. I’ve seen 1 or 2 inches of belly measurement lost in people already fairly lean, and over 10 inches in others who simply had more to lose.