Biotest

Why No V-Diet 4.0?

Hi Chris,
Over a year ago you stated that you were close to releasing a new version of the V-Diet. I’m curious as to why you didn’t decide to release it? You’ve stated that the 2 week V-Diet/Pulse Fasts were probably superior. Will the diet be updated and if not, how come?

Not sure if I said “close to” but I’m always playing with new ideas for future versions. Other projects have jumped to the front burner, but I’d still like to update a few things. The idea you mentioned could be part of it, but I wonder if it’s too “extreme” for some folks?

Well, I’m planning on doing a new V-Diet in April; if you have something in mind send me a PM! I’m up for the challenge!

[quote]Chris Shugart wrote:
Not sure if I said “close to” but I’m always playing with new ideas for future versions. Other projects have jumped to the front burner, but I’d still like to update a few things. The idea you mentioned could be part of it, but I wonder if it’s too “extreme” for some folks? [/quote]

ive done 5 pulse fasts with the standard V-Diet. 3 during the 28 days and 2 in the transition. honestly, i love pulse fast days. i dont think the 2 week V-Diet with 2 pulse fasts is more extreme. i think it would be easier.

I have to say I did a pulse fast during week 3. I lost 3 lbs overnight and have since KEPT it off so I don’t think it was mostly water weight or it would have come back on with eating everyday now. I plan to do it 2 more times, once during each week of the transition, to keep the weight loss going. That all being said, the day of the pulse fast I was DRAINED…it was not easy for me. I snuck a tsp of nut butter due to being lightheaded. BUT I would totally recommend adding it…but I’d maybe make it optional for that EXTRA BOOST of weight loss. just my 2 cents…the shit works though. I would have done it once a week.

also have to factor in that it’s like $125 extra for 3 pulses…that’s big $$ for some. You’d prob have to discount it if you made it part of the package…the total might push it out of reach for some.

did you go Mon/Thurs in your second week? I plan on doing a two week combo in Sept. I’d be interested in hearing your progress from weeks 3 through 6.

[quote]GregManzo wrote:
ive done 5 pulse fasts with the standard V-Diet. 3 during the 28 days and 2 in the transition. honestly, i love pulse fast days. i dont think the 2 week V-Diet with 2 pulse fasts is more extreme. i think it would be easier. [/quote]

[quote]Ken Rose wrote:
did you go Mon/Thurs in your second week? I plan on doing a two week combo in Sept. I’d be interested in hearing your progress from weeks 3 through 6.

[quote]GregManzo wrote:
ive done 5 pulse fasts with the standard V-Diet. 3 during the 28 days and 2 in the transition. honestly, i love pulse fast days. i dont think the 2 week V-Diet with 2 pulse fasts is more extreme. i think it would be easier. [/quote]
[/quote]
i did sunday and thursday. if you keep your pulse fasts on non workout days you can get away withing using 7 or 8 pulses instead of 10. then you can get 4 pulse fasts out of 1 bottle of MAG-10 instead of 3. i also only used 1 scoop of Power Drive per 2 pulses and skipped the GPC. makes it much cheaper. take into account that you are not eating/drinking shakes and the net cost is practically nothing.

also, i lost a pound of pure fat each time. during the transition its good to do a pulse fast then take your measurments the next morning. the fast will flush the water weight and food weight out of your body giving you a consistant weigh in from week to week. and you burn fat.

Greg and Nick (or anyone who has tried this),

Did you do a full 36 hours or 24 hours or what?
Can you elaborate more about pulse schedule and start to end times etc. ?
Greg you did twice a week on non-workout days for the whole 42 days?
Nick I think you wrote somewhere you did it on workout days?

I have the Mag-10 and the Power Drive (and the very nice bottle :slight_smile: ) and want to give this a try, I have had some small (but good) results with IF types of things in the past and I’m betting this will kick my V-Diet into high gear.

Day 4 and so far so good! Looking forward to the gym after work.

Zorn

[quote]zornzlemon wrote:
Greg and Nick (or anyone who has tried this),

Did you do a full 36 hours or 24 hours or what?
Can you elaborate more about pulse schedule and start to end times etc. ?
Greg you did twice a week on non-workout days for the whole 42 days?
Nick I think you wrote somewhere you did it on workout days?

I have the MAG-10 and the Power Drive (and the very nice bottle :slight_smile: ) and want to give this a try, I have had some small (but good) results with IF types of things in the past and I’m betting this will kick my V-Diet into high gear.

Day 4 and so far so good! Looking forward to the gym after work.

Zorn
[/quote]
i did my first pulse fast on the first day of week 3.
i pulsed at 9am, 11am, 1pm, 3pm, 5pm, 7pm, 9pm, 11pm
i skipped a shake the day before, and then resumed the shakes at a regular time the day after.
i did 2 pulse fasts on week 3, 2 on week 4, and 1 each week of the transition.
i think saving the pulse fasts for the last 2 weeks of the main phase is a good idea.

I did my first pulse fast during week 4 but would have probably done one in week 3 had I thought of it. I agree with Greg…your body needs to adjust to the diet. The diet alone is challenging enough and doing it every week of this would be VERY hard for most people…especially those not used to this type of thing.

I also pulsed just like Greg, starting at 9 then doing 400mLs every 2 hours (approx). If you workout the day of the fast, you do one pulse 20 mins before, 1 during, and 1 20 mins after. 36 hours is recommended, 9pm night before to 9am the day after pulse fast day.

I did one fast on the day before a workout (this is easier and you get a great rebound effect the day after a fast) and I also worked out the day of once. That was obviously more taxing on the system because you dont have a ton of carbs in your system. Load up on the peri workout supps if you lift the day after. hope that helps