Biotest

Why Does it Burn When I Pee?

Whoops…wrong VD forum.

Hi, everyone. I just started the Velocity Diet today. I first read about it in Dan John’s book “Never Let Go” about a year ago. I’m pretty pumped to finally get started.

While I am keeping this primarily as a personal log, your encouragement is welcomed.

Day 1

Weight: 184.8

Workout: Legs/Shoulders
Cardio: 10 minutes walking

Comments:

Generally felt good, with the notable exception of frequent bathroom breaks and a vague feeling of nauseousness towards the end of the day. My workout was unaffected and I actually had a surprising amount of energy, despite heading to the gym later than normal.

Day 2

Weight: 184.0

Workout: Chest/Tris
Cardio: 30 minutes light jogging

Comments:

Felt good, although I was oddly dehydrated later in the evening. It was like I couldn’t get enough water before bed. Ravenous hunger hasn’t struck yet, although I know it is just a matter of time, based on the diet logs I’ve read in the past. Throughout the day, I’ve felt satiated. My workouts are still good, too.

Ha - great title!

Good luck … That diet totally blows … Not the results, but mentally (for me) it was the hardest one to hang with long term

That said, hope it works for you, and you get the results you want … But be prepared, the first few days are easy - it’s almost a relief just not having to cook - but then you just want to chew something! Lol

Lift Big Get Big. I’m proud of you. Good luck.

[quote]funkymonk57 wrote:
Day 2

Comments:

Felt good, although I was oddly dehydrated later in the evening. It was like I couldn’t get enough water before bed. Ravenous hunger hasn’t struck yet, although I know it is just a matter of time, based on the diet logs I’ve read in the past. Throughout the day, I’ve felt satiated. My workouts are still good, too. [/quote]

I have found that I need to drink more water when I have more protein shakes.

[quote]Stiglitz wrote:
Ha - great title!

Good luck … That diet totally blows … Not the results, but mentally (for me) it was the hardest one to hang with long term

That said, hope it works for you, and you get the results you want … But be prepared, the first few days are easy - it’s almost a relief just not having to cook - but then you just want to chew something! Lol[/quote]

Thanks! I agree. So far, the diet hasn’t been difficult at all. I’ve had a nightmare about eating a steak, but that’s about the extent of it. Food prep has been a breeze. I have a blender and supps at home and at work, so I’m saving myself a ton of time with cooking and cleaning.

[quote]muscleunity wrote:

Day 2

Comments:

Felt good, although I was oddly dehydrated later in the evening. It was like I couldn’t get enough water before bed. Ravenous hunger hasn’t struck yet, although I know it is just a matter of time, based on the diet logs I’ve read in the past. Throughout the day, I’ve felt satiated. My workouts are still good, too. [/quote]

I have found that I need to drink more water when I have more protein shakes. [/quote]

Yeah, you do. You fucking animal. Tell Kanedude to get on here. I need some calf wisdom.

Day 3

Workout: Back/Bis
Cardio: 15 min HIIT sprints

Day 4

Weight: 183.6
Workout: Legs/Shoulder
Cardio: 30 min walking

Day 5

Weight: 183.4
Workout: off
Cardio: 30 min light jogging.

Comments:

So far, so good. Weight loss has been a bit slower than I’ve hoped, but that’s fine for now. The diet has been much easier to follow than I would have thought. I’ve found that I’m rarely hungry. My energy is close to normal, although I do feel a little more sluggish in the evening sometimes. My lifts haven’t suffered much, either. I was feeling pretty beat up on Friday, so I did the unthinkable and skipped deadlifts, but I bounced back strong on Saturday and had a good leg work out.

Day 6

Weight: 182.4
Cardio: 30 min light jogging.

Comments:

Felt pretty good throughout the day. Good workout. Same old, same old. I might actually be getting stronger.

Day 7

Weight: 182.0
Cardio: 20 min HIIT sprints.

HSM: 10 oz. steak, grilled veggies, steamed spinach.

Comments:

Going into my HSM, I was a bit worried that I’d taste one bite of real food and then go on an uncontrollable binge eating spree, but that was not the case. My meal was good, but not nearly as satisfying as I thought it would be. I’m fortunate that I really have not been hungry since I’ve started the diet and I haven’t really gotten tired of drinking the shakes.

Day 7

Comments:

Going into my HSM, I was a bit worried that I’d taste one bite of real food and then go on an uncontrollable binge eating spree, but that was not the case. My meal was good, but not nearly as satisfying as I thought it would be. I’m fortunate that I really have not been hungry since I’ve started the diet and I haven’t really gotten tired of drinking the shakes.[/quote]

What did you do for back/bi?

Day 7

Comments:

Going into my HSM, I was a bit worried that I’d taste one bite of real food and then go on an uncontrollable binge eating spree, but that was not the case. My meal was good, but not nearly as satisfying as I thought it would be. I’m fortunate that I really have not been hungry since I’ve started the diet and I haven’t really gotten tired of drinking the shakes.[/quote]

What did you do for back/bi?
[/quote]

deadlifts, bent over rows, upright rows, pull ups, chin ups, lower abdominals, transverse abdominals, barbell curl, dumbell curl, hammer curl, preacher curl

Day 8

Weight: 181.0
Workout: Legs/Shoulders
Cardio: none

Comments:

Still no hunger. On account of a friend unexpectedly being in town from Japan, I was baited out for a drink last evening, so this is the first (and hopefully last) time that I’ll cheat on the diet. I had two beers. Since I didn’t have time to stop home after the gym, I skipped my Surge Recovery shake and shake before bed.

Day 9

Weight: 180.4

Comments:

I typically go to the gym after work, around 6:30. I really need to start taking my 4th shake earlier in the day - maybe around 4:30 - because I have really been feeling bloated and uncomfortable during my past couple workouts. Mentally and physically, things are still going well otherwise.

Day 9

Comments:

I typically go to the gym after work, around 6:30. I really need to start taking my 4th shake earlier in the day - maybe around 4:30 - because I have really been feeling bloated and uncomfortable during my past couple workouts. Mentally and physically, things are still going well otherwise.[/quote]

I usually have my pre-workout protein and apple about 60 minutes prior to my workout along with my Con Cret, then have my beta cret right before i leave for the gym. I wish I could workout right after work. Someday when I own a house.

Day 10

Weight: 181.0

Day 11

Weight: 180.2
Workout: Legs/Shoulder
Cardio: 35 min cardio

Day 12

Weight: 180.8
Workout: off
Cardio: 20 min light jogging.

Comments:

I can’t seem to get under 180 lbs. This sucks majorly. The weight is coming off a lot more slowly than I would like. Progress is progress, but it’s hard not to get discouraged by these results.

Day 13

Weight: 180.0
Cardio: 30 min jogging

Day 12

Weight: 179.2
Cardio: 20 min HIIT sprints

Comments:

Finally under 180. Hopefully, I stay on this side of the scale. Also, my workouts are okay. Sometimes I feel worn out, other times fine - but that’s how it goes even when I’m not dieting. I haven’t really noticed any substantial strength loss yet, which is always good.

Day 9

Comments:

I typically go to the gym after work, around 6:30. I really need to start taking my 4th shake earlier in the day - maybe around 4:30 - because I have really been feeling bloated and uncomfortable during my past couple workouts. Mentally and physically, things are still going well otherwise.[/quote]

I usually have my pre-workout protein and apple about 60 minutes prior to my workout along with my Con Cret, then have my beta cret right before i leave for the gym. I wish I could workout right after work. Someday when I own a house.
[/quote]

I definitely need more than 60 minutes to digest. The last two days I’ve spread my shakes out so that I am taking them at 8am, noon, 4, one right after I work out and then one right before I go to bed. That seems to work better with my workout schedule.

Day 9

Comments:

[/quote]

I definitely need more than 60 minutes to digest. The last two days I’ve spread my shakes out so that I am taking them at 8am, noon, 4, one right after I work out and then one right before I go to bed. That seems to work better with my workout schedule.[/quote]

You probably need more time as your shakes have more fiber and greens in them.