Biotest

Why an Hour Post W/O for MAG-10?

Hi Chris. I typically finish my last sip of Plazma 20 or sometimes even 30 minutes before my last rep. The MAG-10 label says take it an hour after workout but I was wondering if I should take it an hour after I finish the last sip of Plazma? For my own understanding, I’d love it if you would educate me on just WHY I should wait an hour at all rather than just drinking it as soon as I get done with my W/O like you would with Surge Recovery.
Thanks!

The short answer is that Plazma is still “doing its thing” just after training, and the serving of post-workout Mag-10 acts as an additional anabolic pulse. With this method of stimulation, you’re manipulating the peaks and valleys. (Thibaudeau gets into that topic here: http://tnation.t-nation.com/free_online_forum/diet_performance_supplements_biotest/pulse_feast_alive_or_dead?pageNo=0#bottom) That said, some people do take it about an hour after they finish the last of their intra-workout serving of Plazma. If that method better fits your schedule, that’s fine.

Chris is correct. You want to have a pulse effect to maximize anabolism.

PLAZMA pre/during your workout will maximize the anabolism/catabolism ratio both by increasing anabolism and by decreasing catabolism. The greater that ratio is in favor of anabolism, the more productive your workout will be.

Then if you want an even greater anabolic response pulsing protein is your best bet as having a very high and rapid peak of blood amino acids RIGHT AFTER A PERIOD OF LOW BLOOD AMINO ACID LEVEL is itself a powerful anabolic stimulus.

PLAZMA will take about 15-20 minutes to be absorbed and shuttled to the working muscles. Then you want to hit a period of super low blood amino acid levels followed by a rapid spike. The greater is the delta (variation) between the low and high levels of blood amino acid, the greater will the anabolic response be.

So if you take MAG-10 too close to your last PLAZMA intake, you will not get the maximal anabolic spike from the MAG-10 pulse. I’ve done MAG-10 as close as 30 minutes post-workout (about 45 minutes after my last PLAZMA dose) but notice better results when I take it 45-60 minutes after.

This also shows you why PLAZMA and MAG-10 have no substitutes. You want proteins that will both be absorbed super fast (quickly rising blood amino acidemia) but that will also clear the bloodstream fast. The faster both phases are, the easier it is to create a big delta between the low and high levels of blood amino acids.

IMPORTANT
To maximize anabolism you DO NOT want a constant supply of amino acids… you DO NOT want your level of blood amino acids to be constantly elevated. That only works if you are on steroids and do not need to create an anabolic spike (the steroids put you in a constant state of elevated anabolism). If you are natural and want to maximize growth you need to use amino acids to create an anabolic state, not just to provide raw material to build muscle.

I normally sip Plazma (or MAG-10 if I’m only doing cardio) on the way to the gym. Due to injuries and an overall lack of conditioning, my workouts aren’t as intense as those of most people here, so I figure one dose is enough. I complete my workout about an hour or so after I finish this dose, then stretch, shower and shave (which takes roughly another hour), and sip a serving of MAG-10 on the way home.

So I take my MAG-10 about an hour after I complete my workout, but 2 hours after completing my initial serving of Plazma. Is this the right way to do it, or should I take the MAG-10 right after I complete my workout?

[quote]OldFatGuy2 wrote:
I normally sip Plazma (or MAG-10 if I’m only doing cardio) on the way to the gym. Due to injuries and an overall lack of conditioning, my workouts aren’t as intense as those of most people here, so I figure one dose is enough. I complete my workout about an hour or so after I finish this dose, then stretch, shower and shave (which takes roughly another hour), and sip a serving of MAG-10 on the way home.

So I take my MAG-10 about an hour after I complete my workout, but 2 hours after completing my initial serving of Plazma. Is this the right way to do it, or should I take the MAG-10 right after I complete my workout?[/quote]
Based on the above explanation of CT, wouldn’t sipping MAG-10 instead of taking it as a shot post workout be suboptimal?

[quote]juverulez wrote:

[quote]OldFatGuy2 wrote:

So I take my MAG-10 about an hour after I complete my workout, but 2 hours after completing my initial serving of Plazma. Is this the right way to do it, or should I take the MAG-10 right after I complete my workout?[/quote]
Based on the above explanation of CT, wouldn’t sipping MAG-10 instead of taking it as a shot post workout be suboptimal? [/quote]

Oh yeah, I personally want to have it as fast as possible

[quote]juverulez wrote:
Based on the above explanation of CT, wouldn’t sipping MAG-10 instead of taking it as a shot post workout be suboptimal? [/quote]

I normally drink 1 serving of Plazma or MAG-10 in about 850 ml. of water and take about 10-15 min to drink it. Is this too much water or too long a time to drink it?

One other question: I normally have 2 scoops of Metabolic Drive with Superfood for breakfast most days and start my first serving of Plazma or MAG-10 about an hour later while I’m driving to the gym. Based on CT’s earlier explanation, would the protein in the Metabolic Drive interfere with the spiking effect of the Plazma & MAG-10? Would it be better to have a simple healthy breakfast without a significantly high protein content?