Biotest

Why an All Liquid Diet?

The transformations on the V-Diet are impressive for sure

What is the reasoning or science behind the mainly liquid diet?

wouldnt you get the same results eating whole foods, if you kept the cals, protein, fat, and carbs the same, that would be more manageable to eat whole food?, or does the body respond differently to to the liquid diet.

Basically I’m just curious behind the science of having the diet be mainly liquid opposed to a whole food approach

Thanks!

[quote]Mitch08012 wrote:
The transformations on the V-Diet are impressive for sure

What is the reasoning or science behind the mainly liquid diet?

wouldnt you get the same results eating whole foods, if you kept the cals, protein, fat, and carbs the same, that would be more manageable to eat whole food?, or does the body respond differently to to the liquid diet.

Basically I’m just curious behind the science of having the diet be mainly liquid opposed to a whole food approach

Thanks![/quote]

If the eat-whole-foods-approach were so easy, then none of us would struggle with body fat, right?

A mostly-liquid plan makes it easy to keep calories exactly where they need to be, without ever having to count them, weigh foods, read labels, do serving size math, figure out if a food is diet-supportive or not, etc. There is very little room for screw-ups. There’s no “thinking” – you just get your plan and follow it, reserving all your mental energy for will power.

Also, whole food is what got most people in trouble to begin with. They need to break free, remove themselves from the temptations of overeating or choosing the wrong foods. The V-Diet is like rehab or detox in that regard. After the V-Diet, the V-Dieter is back in control. It resets the taste buds, wakes them back up, so to speak, all of which can’t be done if you’re still eating whole foods.

There is also no food preparation issues and no clean up (except for a blender) and virtually no shopping to do. Shakes are portable and easy to get in at work, school, or home.

Those are just a few of the reasons – physical, practical, and psychological – but there are many others.

agreed, has Christian Thibaudeau tried the diet, I tried looking for what he thought about this diet and am having trouble finding any on T-Nation about what he thinks, I want to try the diet but the calorie deficit seems extreme, would it be ok to train 6 days a week doing 1-2 body parts a day on the V-Diet? I am trying to cut the last bit of body fat, to start a bulk very lean soon after?

I was also looking at the ingredients in Metabolic Drive, what is the difference between micellar casien and calcuim caseinate that is found in other protein powders?

[quote]Mitch08012 wrote:
agreed, has Christian Thibaudeau tried the diet, I tried looking for what he thought about this diet and am having trouble finding any on T-Nation about what he thinks, I want to try the diet but the calorie deficit seems extreme, would it be ok to train 6 days a week doing 1-2 body parts a day on the V-Diet? I am trying to cut the last bit of body fat, to start a bulk very lean soon after?[/quote]

Thibaudeau has done the diet twice. He’s quoted in the V-Diet text, first page.

For best results, stick to the program.

Questions are fine, but everything you’re asking has been covered in the V-Diet text and the Biotest store. Please read it closely and I’ll be glad to answer additional questions.