Biotest

Whoa.....Restarting the V-Diet

Lol my other thread got hijacked with people arguing over the pros and cons of using Biotest supps vs. other comparable products so i’ll just “restart” here…

I started the Velocity Diet today. My measurements are:

Height 5’7"
Weight 162.7 lbs.
Around the largest part of belly: 36"
Hips: 43 1/2"
Upper thigh: 25"
Calf: 14 3/4"
Ankle: 8 1/4"
Chest: 34 1/2"
Shoulders: 44"
Upper Arm: 12 1/2"
Neck: 14"
Bodyfat: (using Accumeasure calipers): 24.6%
LBM: 122.68 lbs.
Bodyfat: 40.02 lbs

Good luck!

sorry for the semi-hijack!!! I get really irked when people claim to be doing velocity and clearly aren’t. I definitely should have moved the conversation elsewhere though. so sorry again.

good luck though!! just keep downing those shakes! and definitely experiment a lot with consistency and flavors to keep it interesting.

I wanted to say that it is dramatic how you placed the camera in front of your face so the flash would hide your face in light. Also, good luck on the V-Diet… I just started mine also. May God help us.

kakattack: oh it’s ok no worries…that happens sometimes, good info though

blake2616: lol. do you have a thread created to document your V-Diet journey? I’d like to post and support others that started around the same time as me. Also lol @ “May God help us”

I’m on day 3 and doing ok. Yesterday I actually broke down and cried for about a minute, because I wanted some food. Damn this diet is difficult. I’m hoping it gets better.

Also a couple of questions for whomever is out there.

1. Is chewing sugarless gum ok?
  2. Crystal Lite/hot tea w/splenda ok or no?

thanks.

Actually, I don’t think I want to start my own. But, I will post on yours for support, considering we started at almost the same time and it would be good to be able to relate to someone who is going through the same thing at the same time. If you don’t mind me doing so.

Not an “official” here but am in my 11th day. I drink a wad of green tea and it is sweetened with something…bottled tea. It may not adhere 100%, not sure. But I did cut out all Diet Cokes & Diet Dew’s.

Water, green tea and shakes is all I have. If you need to chew gum, chew it. This diet is more mental than physical. I’ve tried to relay this message, do something to take your mind off you. Read a short story, a long joke. Study about your favorite subject for awhile until the “need” passes and it will.

I do a Bible study or read about cars or fishing or go shop online for my new jeans when I can fit in them…just anything to concentrate on something that interests YOU and keeps you focused. This can be brutal or it can be enlightening.

Focus grasshopper…focus. You can do this today. In the morning? You can it today then. Just do it today.

keep going!!

[quote]sydnisd183 wrote:
kakattack: oh it’s ok no worries…that happens sometimes, good info though

blake2616: lol. do you have a thread created to document your V-Diet journey? I’d like to post and support others that started around the same time as me. Also lol @ “May God help us”

I’m on day 3 and doing ok. Yesterday I actually broke down and cried for about a minute, because I wanted some food. Damn this diet is difficult. I’m hoping it gets better.

Also a couple of questions for whomever is out there.

1. Is chewing sugarless gum ok?
  2. Crystal Lite/hot tea w/splenda ok or no?

thanks.[/quote]

syd hellloooooo
Hungry or craving for something…Take it one day at the day…one meal affter one meal… For the past 2 day I got hungry during the afternoon… and it passed…drink some water…have some green tea.

To be honest, I 'm taking gum as well. Oups It did not even occur that It was not ok…Mine last for sooooo long.

I read a post (I think it was tropicalshoes from the physic clinic ) where chris suggested to pour a little crystal lite;…

Sure I don’t have a problem with anyone posting for support here. i need all i can get.

i’ve basically made it through day 3. I was in training class today, and stayed in the classroom during lunch to surf the internet. The 2 girls sitting in front of me went to lunch…then returned with chinese food, which they proceded to eat there instead of going in the spacious lounge next door. Motherf**kers. lol

anyway i thought i would be using crystal lite, or chewing some gum, but to be honest i don’t want anything sweet. i was reading on the V Diet support log that some people had a couple spoons of pickle juice or hot water with boullion in it.

crystal lite=5 calories serving
chicken boullion=5 calories/1 tsp.serving

i had the freakin’ boullion people! in a cup of hot water. omfg it was great…took the shake sweetness off of my palate and made life more bearable. i followed it up with 3c. plain water.

anyway that’s my confession for today.

Good going :slight_smile: I know what you mean about the people that eat right in front of you, tempting you with food that you would looooooove! lol

Just remember though, it’s only a few weeks and the ends will justify the means.

Have you tried mixing your shakes with anything? I find that mixing a teaspoon of cocoa or instant coffee into a vanilla shake can take away some of the sweetness. Also, try cinnamon in the vanilla shake. Yum!

I hope sugar-free gum isn’t a no-no - I chew it daily, but mainly because I quit smoking 2 weeks before I started the diet!

[quote]Silent_Bob wrote:
Good going :slight_smile: I know what you mean about the people that eat right in front of you, tempting you with food that you would looooooove! lol

Just remember though, it’s only a few weeks and the ends will justify the means.

Have you tried mixing your shakes with anything? I find that mixing a teaspoon of cocoa or instant coffee into a vanilla shake can take away some of the sweetness. Also, try cinnamon in the vanilla shake. Yum!

I hope sugar-free gum isn’t a no-no - I chew it daily, but mainly because I quit smoking 2 weeks before I started the diet![/quote]

Quitting cigarette and V-Diet in the same time…waouhhhhhh!!!

Hooray for Silent_Bob! My friend you have just made the best decision of your life to quit smoking! I’m coming up on 2 years smoke-free and it’s the best feeling in the world not to be slave to the smokes anymore. Keep going one day at a time…I know that sounds corny but it really works.

69 Goat Man: i’m going to Vegas the day after this diet ends, so that is a MAJOR motivator for me. I don’t want that flabby stomach hanging out by the pool. I’ve been distracting myself looking at the Vegas websites and visualizing myself looking more lean/fit when I get there. OMG this guy is eating an apple in front of me (yes back in the training class again) i’m outta here :frowning:

Hi Syd…Wanted to jump in and lend my support here too! I’m starting my V-Diet on Sunday and I’m getting psyched! So, keep it up–you’re my trailblazer right now!

Thanks Syd :slight_smile: My smoking actually got worse when I moved out to the Gulf, as cigarettes here cost about $14 for 200, as opposed to $12 for 20 in the UK!

Well Silent_Bob at least you will be saving some major $$…especially with gas prices being what they are today.

Day 5 haha…

well i’m doing ok. I had my HSM yesterday, as i’ll be working all weekend (was off Friday) and, if i’m only going to have one meal a week, I don’t want to be rushed. Also didn’t want to eat it in the evening and have it settle on me. I had a large green salad with grilled shrimp, olives, cucumbers, a tomato and some lite salad dressing. And about a cup of fresh Rainier cherries for dessert. I had to kind of choke the cherries down (sweetness, ugh) but the salad was yummy. I found that after eating the salad (yes it was a BAS…big ass salad) I WANTED to just be back on the shakes again (wtf??) I felt bloated and my stomach was gurgling. I just kept drinking water. I also didn’t eat the serving of peanut butter lastnight, I just wasn’t feeling it (i’m sure the olives made up for that fat content.

Anyway, i’m doing an open house today and tomorrow at this really nice loft in downtown Houston (making extra $$ for Vegas) so i’ll be lurking about all day.

Oh yeah i’m keeping up with the strength training (doing the suggested V-Diet workout) and the NEPA walks. Feels weird not to be doing hours of cardio but relieving at the same time, if you can understand that.

Hi Syd! You’re doing great…keep on truckin’ girlfriend–I start tomorrow and I’ll be needing me some like-minded V-Dieters!

Well on day 7 and doing ok. I did my NEPA walk this morning, walked on the track for 40 minutes. It’s hot and humid here in Houston (yeah even at 0730 lol) so I got a good sweat in. My love handles are a little smaller, I can’t wait to measure and weigh tonight. Looking forward to the measuring more, because I know scale weight is misleading. Shakes are going ok, i’m getting used to them. Vanilla is my favorite, strawberry my least fave. I have my weight training tomorrow (i’m on a Tu/Th/Sa split) so I have ol’ Mr. Surge to contend with (I hate that guy). Anyway, happy Monday to everyone and

KEEP ON SHAKIN’!!!

Syd, on day 15 here and it’s going smooth.
A little disappointed in week 2 results, but I see that is about the norm, so watch out week 3!!!
Vegas bound eh? Nice place to visit would not want to live there. I did manage to win $1800 there this spring playing video poker.
Had a Royal Flush on a quarter machine…paid me a $1000!! Good luck when you go and better luck and results on the VDiet!!!

[quote]69GoatMan wrote:
Syd, on day 15 here and it’s going smooth.
A little disappointed in week 2 results, but I see that is about the norm, so watch out week 3!!!
Vegas bound eh? Nice place to visit would not want to live there. I did manage to win $1800 there this spring playing video poker.
Had a Royal Flush on a quarter machine…paid me a $1000!! Good luck when you go and better luck and results on the VDiet!!![/quote]

I can’t wait…I don’t know how to play poker but video poker shouldn’t be that hard. I’m not really a gambler, but I always take $100-200 dollars and gamble at the quarter slots or the $1.00 blackjack, lite stuff like that. My partner is the big money player with craps n’ stuff lol. I’m even happy at the 5 cent machines. I’ll try the video poker though. I’m usually people-watching, hanging out by the pool, seeing the shows/attractions or partaking in one of the many buffets.

I’ll only be there 5 days. I plan to have the seafood buffet at Mandalay Bay one time. For the rest of my meals I will be go to regular restaurants and have ONE plate of food. 3 of my meals every day will be M Drive. Oh and one of the $12 big ass red candy apples from NY NY.

hey hey
You seem to be ok :slight_smile: that’s nice to hear…:slight_smile:
It’s great to be able to not to climb on the scale…I’m having hard time to do that. I’m still trying this week . So far , so good…:slight_smile:
When are you going to vegas?