Biotest

Which Supplements For Me?

I’m 17 years old and weight around 200lbs. I am a dedicated baseball pitcher and take my strength and conditioning very seriously. I’ve been working with Eric Cressey for about 3 years now and have seen drastic improvements regarding my strength and conditioning. However, I feel my nutrition can be improved. What are some supplement advices for me whether it be from post/pre-workout to pre-game. Below is diet of what I usually eat in a day.

Breakfast: 3 eggs, grilled peppers and onions, a glass of milk.

Lunch: Turkey sandwich with lettuce and mayo on whole wheat, almonds, and an apple.

Snack: Protein bar and banana.

Post-Workout: 2 Scoops Wheybolic Extreme protein

Dinner: Usually a lean cut of meat, vegetables such as broccoli, and mashed potatoes.

Snack: 2 scoops Wheybolic Extreme Protein

Occasionally I will have a couple cheat meals during the weak, but I mostly try to eat as good as I can.

With that being said, how can I improve by strength with biotest products? What supplements would you recommend for me to implement in my diet, and for pre-game?

[quote=“alexshak16, post:1, topic:5952, full:true”]
I’m 17 years old and weight around 200lbs.[/quote]
How tall, just for reference? If you’re working with Cressey, you’ll definitely be fine if you literally do everything he says. He is to baseball pitchers what Dr. Dre is to rappers. Guy’s been at the top of his field for years and simply knows how to get the most out of performers.

As far as tweaking your nutrition plan, sounds like you’re on the right track, but I’d use the tips from these two articles, The Simple Diet for Athletes and Teaching a Kid to Lift (the nutrition part and food choicse, not so much the training part). Just make sure you don’t try to eat “like a bodybuilder” by avoiding healthy fats or carbs at the right time to fuel your performance. Doesn’t sound like you really are, but keep it in mind.

[quote]Snack: Protein bar and banana.

Post-Workout: 2 Scoops Wheybolic Extreme protein[/quote]
A snack before training and a whey shake after is better than nothing, but there are much more efficient ways to improve recovery and performance. Something like Surge Workout Fuel would be a better choice. This article gets into the details of why it’s better to have a workout drink right before and during training, instead of after.

What’s the goal: Recovery from training, optimal performance during games, or strength in the gym? Those are related, but they’re all a bit different. But in any case, improving your workout drink during training can further improve recovery from the workout, which will spill over into benefits across the board, so I’d start there.

After that, I’d add probably add Flameout as a fish oil source to reduce inflammation for joint health. No need for a ton of stuff, just keep it basic and straightforward.

I’m 6’2". My main goal is getting stronger for the season while having better recovery. So some slight adjustments I should make are to use surge workout fuel before and during a workout and using flameout after the workout?

The label recommendation for both is a good place to start. Start the Surge Workout Fuel about 15 minutes before training and finish it by the time you’re done working out.

Have a serving of Flameout with one meal sometime during the day. Doesn’t really matter which, but you don’t usually want to have much fat right after training (it can interfere with the right nutrients getting absorbed efficiently), so just have it with breakfast, lunch, or dinner.

Ok thanks for the help. Would you also recccomend any other protein bars or shakes as a snack at any other time during the day, or is it fine just to drink the surge workout fuel before and during my workout?

Surge Workout Fuel is fine to have around training. Some athletes use it instead of Gatorade because it has a formula for efficient rehydration. I just double-checked and it’s actually out of stock for the next few weeks. If you wanted to plug in something for now, Surge Recovery is a different kind of formula (doesn’t have the same rehydration benefits), but still designed for improved recovery with a good protein and carb breakdown.

Outside of that, the rest of your nutrition plan seems pretty well-rounded. If you wanted to “upgrade” from the basic whey shake, Mag-10 would be the top of the line. It’s a very fast-absorbing protein that’s more efficient than regular whey, so your body treats a 20g serving of it almost like 100 grams of regular protein. That would be the best go-to protein to have once or twice a day.

Okay thanks for all the help. I really appreciate it.