Biotest

When to Have Protein Shakes/Mag-10?

hi Chris,
my usual routine has been, end workout at lets say 910,
then. at 950 im having a shake. and at 1010 MAG-10.
can i, or should i, take the Mag-10 with the protein shake?
if not, is it better to take the Mag-10 first? yada yada

i am fine with what ive been doing.
i’m just working on some fine tuning here if needed
thanks
dom

MAG-10 comes before food.

So finish your workout. MAG-10, then 30 minutes later you can have a protein shake or food.

There many ways to use MAG-10. If using it around training time, it’s best to take it after lifting.

Other than that, use MAG-10 between solid meals or even before bed.

ok, so basically reverse that part of the routine
so it will look something like this
800 indi, mag, coffee
900 training with ana, by the way i went up to 3 scoops cause the workout is longer, is this correct?
1015 finish traing
1100 mag
1130shake
1230 indi.(general rule is nothing for about 1 hour before or after indi. right?
115-130 food… yay!

does that look better now?

oh 1 more thing.
my late night snacks(4-6 hours after the last indi) are steak, shrimp, fish, veggies, piece of cheese.
basically whatever i have in the fridge. nothing big, just a few bites, like last nite i had 4 shrimp.
i know you guys puch them rice cakes(i think you own stock in the company that makes em. im joking…)
so my question is basically— is this ok? or should i be looking for some carb stuff in there?

make it 2 more.
i forgot. i’ll ask later

[quote]domcib wrote:
ok, so basically reverse that part of the routine
so it will look something like this
800 indi, mag, coffee
900 training with ana, by the way i went up to 3 scoops cause the workout is longer, is this correct?
1015 finish traing
1100 mag
1130shake
1230 indi.(general rule is nothing for about 1 hour before or after indi. right?
115-130 food… yay!

does that look better now?[/quote]

To me, yes.

[quote]domcib wrote:
oh 1 more thing.
my late night snacks(4-6 hours after the last indi) are steak, shrimp, fish, veggies, piece of cheese.
basically whatever i have in the fridge. nothing big, just a few bites, like last nite i had 4 shrimp.
i know you guys puch them rice cakes(i think you own stock in the company that makes em. im joking…)
so my question is basically— is this ok? or should i be looking for some carb stuff in there?

make it 2 more.
i forgot. i’ll ask later[/quote]

it’s fine, though some carbs would be better :slight_smile:

1. Yes, longer workouts (over an hour) you can move up to 3 scoops of Anaconda.

2. You can have food 40-60 minutes after taking Indigo. It’s best taken on “empty” stomach, though the stomach is really only truly empty when you wake up in the morning, so a general rule is an hour or two after eating.

3. Looks better.

4. It’s fine. If your overall carb count for the day is under 300 grams, then add some carbs to that final snack/meal. See our carb guide here for cleat carb ideas: http://www.t-nation.com/strength-training-topics/1617

aha! now i remember.
you may or may not answer this, but i’ll ask anyway.
i have always read. protein 1.5 grams per pound of body weight, and i think it was somewhere around 1 gram of carbs.
i really dont count. i just eat.
so, 1. is there a “recommended” protein, carb intake? if so, what’s the general amounts?
2. should i keep some sort of count if i can? and post that?
thanks for all your help
dom
thanks to Chris and corst of course

All of those “X amount of macronutrient per pound of body weight” formulas are rough guesses. Most are not accurate at all. Too many variables.

It is a good idea to keep a count if you never have before. That will help you adjust things. Here’s a quick article I wrote on that:

http://www.t-nation.com/strength-training-topics/1713

For example, most Indigo users need over 300g of carbs per day since Indigo works in part by repartitioning nutrients. It’s a good idea to count for a few days to see where you’re at.

thanks
thats perfect

good morning
off day from training.
not really hungry in the am, so i had a meta growth shake after my first indi.
i presume you will say,“that’s fine”?
dom

Sure, no problem.