Biotest

When should I take Indigo-3G?

Eric asks:

I just received my order Indigo-3G® and I was reading the recommended use.

Here is what I do and maybe you can guide me as to when I should be taking them pills.

I wake up at 5:15am. Take pre-workout stuff by 5:30am. Drive to the gym and stretch and warm up by 6:00am. I workout from 6:00-7:00am Monday through Friday. That’s my schedule.

Can you help?

Take 30 minutes before pre-workout nutrition. Now, that’s “nutrition” not just a nutrition-free pre-workout stimulant. Hopefully you’re using that (Plazma or Surge Workout Fuel for example) since training fasted is pretty much pointless. In your case, simple take Indigo-3G when you wake up.

On training days, I’d try to take is as soon after waking as possible. Like, wake up, have a glass of water and the Indigo, then freshen up or whatever before you have the pre-workout stuff. (Is the pre-workout just an energy booster or is it a protein and carb shake?)

Ideally, like the label says, you’d want it about a half-hour before your pre-workout nutrition. But as close to that as you can get should be fine. Plenty of other people train at crazy-early o’clock in the morning and have to tweak their supplement schedule accordingly.

On Saturday and Sunday, because you should still take it on non-training days, take it before dinner.

Chris…Currently I have been taking one scoop of C4 and protein prior to workout.

Yeah, The C4 is mostly an energy thing. The rest of the ingredients are pretty token amounts and not quite enough to do much for recovery or performance. 1 gram of some funky form of creatine might as well be none. The most common effective dose is usually at least 3g, so you’re not exactly benefitting from it.

Not sure what kind of protein you’re using, but I’d consider dropping them both and picking up [Surge Workout Fuel][1] when it comes back in stock. It’s got a full dose of beta-alanine and other useful nutrients like leucine and citrulline malate, and, more importantly regarding Indigo, it has cyclic dextrins and other carbs so you’ll be giving your body nutrients that Indigo can work with during the training session.

For the simple energy kick to train that early in the AM, a No-Doz tab,or half of one, is super-cheap and effective.
[1]: https://biotest.t-nation.com/products/surge-workout-fuel

x2 and x2 again! Cannot emphasize this enough. If you’re going through the expense to purchase Indigo, having sub-par workout nutrition seems counter productive. Indigo is meant to repartition carbs and nutrients into muscle, so of course it only makes sense that you want the BEST workout nutrition in your body so Indigo can do its job. C4 is mostly a stimulant, it’s got stuff in there that might make you feel like you’re going to have a great session, but not really any ingredients of substance to actually make you stronger, build more muscle or help with recovery. Surge workout fuel, or Plazma will get the best nutrients in your body when you need them, combined with Indigo, it really doesn’t get better than that. Considering the price of C4, Surge is very comparable and would be an infinitely better investment.

Chris…so after doing so reading, it appears to me that Surge Workout Fuel can, and should be taken before, during, and after workouts. Is that correct? Thank you.

How would you incorporate protein into either the pre or post workout? Or just skip that all together? Thank you

[quote=“Howitzer91, post:7, topic:5973”]
it appears to me that Surge Workout Fuel can, and should be taken before, during, and after workouts. Is that correct?[/quote]
Pretty much. But in general, if your pre and during-workout nutrition is taken care of, an after-workout shake isn’t as high a priority.

This article discusses it more in-depth. Before and during is the most important, but if you wanted to boost recovery and/or had a more-intense-than-usual workout, you could kick back another serving post-workout.

Well, specifically around the workout window, you want to make sure your pre workout meal has some good protein and carbs in there. Chicken and rice, or oatmeal with some protein powder mixed in, about 60-90 minutes pre workout, depending on what works best for you. Then start sipping on Surge about 15 minutes before your session, and keep drinking it throughout the workout. I try to finish my Plazma about 15 minutes before the end of my workout, so it fuels me all the way to the end. Then, within 60 minutes of finishing your session, have your post workout meal of good carbs and protein. Beef and sweet potato with veggies, chicken and rice/potato, etc.

Please don’t hesitate to ask any further questions!