Biotest

Wheat-free Foods Commercially Available Soon

Hi Chris,

I’ve just popped onto the Wheat Belly blog - if you or any of your clients/readers etc are interested in wheat-free eating, there will be some products available soon:

"Dr. Davis says:

October 25, 2012 at 7:35 am

Gary of Wheat Free Market Foods tells me that the first products will likely be rolling out within the next couple of months or so. He would like to start with a range of products, rather than just, say, a cookie."

I have no idea where this business is, mind you, but thought I’d pass it along.

If you wish to inquire further, I’m sure Dr Davis will be happy to give you more specifics.

That’s interesting, because Dr. Davis is highly against a lot of the wheat-free packaged foods out there like GF waffles, breads etc. Or at least he tells you to minimize or avoid them and eat whole foods instead. I don’t mind most of those foods myself for hard trainers, as long as they don’t take out the wheat and add other things like tons of sugar or canola oil. At the very least, they’re good transitional foods for those breaking the wheat habit.

Update:
HI Chris again,

apologies,
i never saw your answer for some reason! IN general they don’t substitute nasties for the wheat but but obviously people still need to read ingredients just in case…

They have just come out with a wheat-free pizza crust mix! 12" pizza crust will yield 21 net carbs:

“This quick mix is based on the Wheat Belly almond flour pizza recipe. A real time-saver! Simply add oil, water, eggs, and cheese and you are off to the oven. The package makes 2 10”-12" crusts or one really large 12"x16" family sized crust.
1/3rd of a 12" pizza crust has just 7 net carb grams.
Ingredients: Almond Flour, Organic Golden Flaxseed Meal, Chickpea (Garbanzo Bean) Flour, Onion Powder, Garlic Powder, Dried Oregano, and Sea Salt"

Website for your perusal:
wheatfreemarket.com

Cheerio. :slight_smile:

Thanks for the update!

Do check out the Facebook Wheat Belly page.
The before and after photos are amazing and inspiring, not to mention the huge list of
ailments disappearing!

Cheers!