Biotest

What to use now

serpiente-6509 asks:

I am currently working on getting back into shape and resume a healthier lifestyle. Life has taken its toll but I am getting better at controlling my environment. I have my diet back on track and training but am wondering where would be a good start point in so far as supplements go. I do not think I am to a level where I need Plazma and am considering maybe just Indigo-3G and Mag 10.

I appreciate your suggestions. Thank you.

serpiente,

First, what are you main goals? How old are you, what are your basic stats, how are you training, what does “diet back on track” mean?

Give us some info and we’ll be glad to help you choose the right supplements for your needs.

[quote]Chris Shugart wrote:
serpiente,

First, what are you main goals? How old are you, what are your basic stats, how are you training, what does “diet back on track” mean?

Give us some info and we’ll be glad to help you choose the right supplements for your needs.

[/quote]

Hi Chris, thanks for the reply.
Main Goal: Gain muscle mass, minimize fat gain and loose some fat that has accumulated.
Basic Stats:
24 years old, 5 ft 10, 165 lbs

Current training:
Using old Indigo project protocols from when I used i3g a year to a year and a half ago. But I’ve added in some conditioning work exclusively 3 times a week focusing on high intensity intervals (hill sprints being my favorite) or just steady state running on some outdoor trails ( I am under a load but it’s negligible since it’s just water, some fruit, a map, and first aid kit). I will also do some CV activity such as run or swim for 20-30 min post lifting days.

I’ll also throw in some 5/3/1 style training on some lifting days if I want to focus on a specific lift.
So in total it’s 5-6 days lifting with 3 or so days of just strict conditioning.

"Diet back on trak"
So here’s the thing last I updated my log I was at about 185 or so ( I think) but I’ve lost a lot of weight since then since when I get stressed I actually don’t eat. But I’ve gotten back to eating clean and have taken a lot from the Mountain Dog articles. I don’t keep track of specific macros but meals (4-5 per day) usually are composed of a semi fatty meat (fish, bone in meat, etc) with a carb source (jasmine rice quinoa or just vegetables). So when I say I got my “diet back on track” it means I’ve gone to eating pretty much nothing (save maybe a handful of peanut MMs) to quality foods and making sure if have a protein source, fat source, and carb source. I am also trying to minimize my gluten intake though I will occasionally have some bread whenever I make a stew.

Pretty much I’m done letting stress control me and I am resolved to get back on track and achieve the level of fitness I expect of myself. My current goal is to do GoRuck Selection in a year and a half.

Any more info needed please let me know. Thanks!

Thanks for the info. Since your main goal is muscle mass with no fat gain and ideally some fat loss, <a href="http://www.t-nation.com/store/products/indigo-3g"target=“new”>Indigo-3G would indeed be your #1 choice. It will allow you to eat what you need to eat to gain muscle and support a lot of training, while discouraging any fat gain. Most people experience fat loss as well as they build muscle on Indigo-3G.

<a href="http://www.t-nation.com/store/products/mag-10"target=“new”>Mag-10 also sounds good for you, not just for the muscle, strength, and recovery goals, but it would be perfect for your conditioning work: the thermic carbs will help you burn more fat, and lean muscle tissue will be fully protected from any downsides of “cardio.” (I always pack two for a hike myself, one for during and one for after.)

Your diet fixes sound great. Remember you’ll want to get in plenty of quality carbs to help Indigo-3G do its thing. Your choices sounds good and Mag-10 pulsing will help there too.

Thanks Chris,

Would it be suggested to do the 12 caps per day dosage or can I get away with just 6 per day?

Thank you.

[quote]serpiente-6509 wrote:
Thanks Chris,

Would it be suggested to do the 12 caps per day dosage or can I get away with just 6 per day?

Thank you. [/quote]

Did you do 8 weeks of full dosage when you used Indigo-3G before? If so, you can probably do one dose per day. I’d suggest two anyway in your situation with your goals, but if budget is an issue 6 will definitely give you an edge.