Biotest

What to Do for Fat Loss After V-Diet?

What is your dietary recommendation for continuous fat loss after V-Diet, for a short, stocky, woman? I’m not concerned about the fitness, there are a lot of programs to choose from.

I used a mini-Velocity diet to break some bad food habits, then I switched to something similar to Berardi’s “Get Shredded” Diet. this approach is also similar to the “Green Faces” diet. Basically, lots of meats, preferably lean. As many servings of vegetables as I wanted, avocados, occasional slice of cheese here and there, and whatever fats come along with these foods, plus a bit of olive oil, almond butter, blueberries and strawberries, added fiber.

Type of fitness doesn’t matter, like you said. But what worked for me was gradually increasing my activity level from NEPA to 5 total hours/week of pretty intense exercise, then up to as much as 8+ total hours activity/week. I was biking, lifting, and playing some tennis.

I started at Berardi’s calorie recommendations, which for me was 1800. That part sucked. I would go for several days at that level and at very low-carbs, and then I would find myself really needing a carb-up or cheat day. I would go pretty crazy on those days. I was afraid that kind of thing would bring back bad dietary habits, but that’s another story and a good idea for a post in my log.

Anyway, I hope that’s helpful. I can say with confidence that if you followed an approach like this, you would get phenomenal results. I guess it depends on if you think it’s a good fir

[quote]Serge A. Storms wrote:
I used a mini-Velocity diet to break some bad food habits, then I switched to something similar to Berardi’s “Get Shredded” Diet. this approach is also similar to the “Green Faces” diet. Basically, lots of meats, preferably lean. As many servings of vegetables as I wanted, avocados, occasional slice of cheese here and there, and whatever fats come along with these foods, plus a bit of olive oil, almond butter, blueberries and strawberries, added fiber.

Type of fitness doesn’t matter, like you said. But what worked for me was gradually increasing my activity level from NEPA to 5 total hours/week of pretty intense exercise, then up to as much as 8+ total hours activity/week. I was biking, lifting, and playing some tennis.

I started at Berardi’s calorie recommendations, which for me was 1800. That part sucked. I would go for several days at that level and at very low-carbs, and then I would find myself really needing a carb-up or cheat day. I would go pretty crazy on those days. I was afraid that kind of thing would bring back bad dietary habits, but that’s another story and a good idea for a post in my log.

Anyway, I hope that’s helpful. I can say with confidence that if you followed an approach like this, you would get phenomenal results. I guess it depends on if you think it’s a good fir[/quote]

I want to do the mini V-Diet now. I am so over the shakes at this point. The smell is even starting to bother me. I don’t know about the Beranrdi, I’ll look that up. At this point, any food is a treat. I just want some meat.

I think the idea is to use the “Healthy Solid Meal” guidelines as the template for normal eating. There’s plenty of recipies here that you can use as well.

Coming off the V-Diet, it’s probably a good idea to take a few weeks and just eat healthy solid meals for a while without worrying about calorie count too much. If you have more weight to lose (as I certainly do) the nutrient-dense food should have you still losing weight, just not as quickly as when on the diet.

After a few weeks of this, you can start to tighten up and get strict again, I would think. The calorie counts from the V-diet are a little low, so maybe shoot for a total that is slightly higher than them and just continue to eat healthy foods. Meat would definitely fit into that. Chicken, turkey, lean beef, fish, all that stuff is great, have at it!

*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Disclaimer: Individual results may vary.