Biotest

What is the 'Designated Number'?

Sorry, I’ve read tab 4 and all levels multiple times. Here’s the statement I’m confused by:

Select a weight that allows you to hit the target repetitions on the first set of that exercise. You’ll probably do fewer reps on subsequent sets. Keep going until you hit the designated number, no matter how many sets it takes.

Now… what is the “designated number” If first set is 20 reps, 2nd=18 then is 3rd supposed to = 2? how many times am I supposed to hit ‘20 reps’ if the exercise sheet has 12 sets… how many total reps? is ‘total reps’ the “designated number”?

If I’m supposed to get 20 reps, I think I understand if I get say 10, then I’m supposed to do as many sets after that to get to 20. Then am I done and next exercise? Two total sets of 20?

You’re not understanding the workout plan.

Example: For the intermediate plan on Monday, you shoot for 20 reps per exercise (not per SET).

Now look at the LOAD section: It says 4-5 reps. So you choose a weight that allows you to get only 4-5 reps on the first set. That’s the designated number.

You’re going to do as many sets as needed to reach 20 reps using that load. It may look like this:

Set 1: 5 reps
Set 2: 4 reps
Set 3: 4: reps
Set 4: 3 reps
Set 5: 3 reps
Set 6: 1 reps

Just watch the rest periods and follow THAT designated number too.

And if you can hit 5 reps on every set, you didn’t choose a good load - not heavy enough.