Biotest

What I Eat

pork chop wrapped in bacon with a garlic, rosemary butter sauce, green beans with pearl onions, roasted bell peppers, and a buttered roll ( sorry it was good )

smoked sausages wrapped in bacon, grilled onions and melted cheddar cheese wedges with bbq seasonings

So jealous, I feel like I eat the same stuff day in day out, amazing!

how do you smoke the meats? what equipement? any tips / thoughts?

thanks in advance!

[quote]Ratchet wrote:
how do you smoke the meats? what equipement? any tips / thoughts?

thanks in advance![/quote]

I use a smoker. I have an electric brinkman, it’s really handy for short time pieces( fish, chicken, ribs, etc) and it works great for doing longer time pieces ( 10lb pork butt, full turkey, etc.). I also have a charcoal smoker I don’t use as often, unless I’m doing a lot of food at once.

Alton Brown can show you how to make an electric smoker, or you can buy one, or use a standard charcoal grill and indirect heating.

[quote]Flatts wrote:
So jealous, I feel like I eat the same stuff day in day out, amazing![/quote]

This week I’ll be making pizza, probably 2 times this week, however use different topping each time so it’s different.

Take pork , you can buy butterfly chops, bone in chops, first cut chops, pork steaks, country ribs, boneless country ribs. First of all a different cut of meat makes it entirely different, the you can switch up the spices.

I might do something heavy with cumin and paprika, then the next time make it a cinnamon and clove crusted meat. Or something wild with chili powder and curry powder.

Spend about $50-100 on a bunch of spices then you can mix and match for a while. Or learn to make sauces( or buy sauces ) and just salt/pepper the meat then put some sauce on it. Also throw on a chiptole pepper or two and just use the adobo sauce as the flavoring.

Omelette with cheddar and mozz cheese, paprika, pepper and sea salt on top.

Beef smoked sausage and regular pork sausage patties

Smoked Chicken wings.

4 hours of brining ( did that last night, drained and let sit on a rack to dry over night in the fridge )

Rubbed down with seasoning this morning, sat in fridge all day on rack

2 hours of smoking, 4 minutes under the broiler for super crisp skin

[quote]corstijeir wrote:
Smoked Chicken wings.

4 hours of brining ( did that last night, drained and let sit on a rack to dry over night in the fridge )

Rubbed down with seasoning this morning, sat in fridge all day on rack

2 hours of smoking, 4 minutes under the broiler for super crisp skin[/quote]

Wow. Nice!

“Your patience will be rewarded.” Alton Brown

Almond flour pancakes, turkey sausage link, pork sausage patty, eggs, glass of almond milk

Pumpkin with vanilla goop on top

Garlic-rosemary pork chops!

Garlic rosemary porkchop; squash, zucchini, red bell pepper; green beans with diced tomatoes

Fritatta - sausage, zucchini, squash, onions, green onions, chipotle sauce, mozzarella

Cheese omelette, smoked beef sausage, pork sausage

taco salad

Omelette with beef smoked sausage on top and inside, sausage patties and strawberries

broiled pork chop, roasted tomatoes, green beans

Charbroiled chiptole chicken, field peas, broccoli with parm

Sausage and mozz omelette with green onions
Grapes
Salsa