Biotest

What Have I Got to Lose?

just getting my ducks in order…i start tomorrow!

Alright then, let’s hear some details!

do you really want all of the gory details? i’ll start with the fact, in 2 weeks i’ll be 41!! being overweight, and out of shape my whole life, i figure this is the best present i can give myself. my husband and our beautiful 3 year old girl are the light of my life!

i love how detailed the program is, especially the work outs. i understand how imoprtant form is, and the videos are essential to my success.

so, i’m only half way through day one, and aside from the HOT-ROX jitters, i feel great, and extemely motivated!!

day 2… i feel great!
however, chugging the last shake last nite, nearly made me want to puke!

before the family awakes, i get out and have my walk, what a beautiful way to start the day! spring has spung, and it sure the hell beats doing it on a treadmill!

had my first workout today, again, i feel good, totally motivated to do this!

the beginning of day 4. i’ve been posting in the afternoon, while miss is sleeping. i usually feel pretty good around that time. thing is, i work at nite, and usually 'round 11pm, i begin to crash, hard! 2 more hours of work, and i am beat!! i get pretty cranky, too!! last nite, i tried a steady intake of espresso to keep me moving and on my game, but to no avail, not to mention when i did hit the pillow, my mind was reeling!!!

can’t seem to get that last shake in. i have been taking one right before work, and two while working. i guess timing is everything. pre-blending the shakes for work…is that cool?
well, i’m off to do my 2nd workout…

yesterday was a good day!!
got all of shakes in!!!, did a workout, had a 40 min walk, and a full day at work…didn’t feel sooo tired, as i have been.
tried something different w/ the shakes…
added hot sauce to my vanilla “dinner”.
yummy!
i like the spice! i’ve been missing that. took the shake from “sweet” to “savory”. worked for me.
bedtime snack, added peanut butter to the blender, delicious!
good start to today. did the treadmill for 40 min. probabaly would rather be outside, but got to watch miss in her play group while i took care of business.
i’m feeling empowered with this challenge, i can do this! i feel good, and i’m going to look good!

Go get em!

can you hear me in the back? is thing on?

thanks draper for responding, into day 6, and i havn’t heard form anyone…(booHoo!).
i was beginning to think nobody cared!!
right back at ya…“go get em,” tiger!

had my 3rd workout today, tomorrow is the challenge, followed by the hsm, looking forward to it. my husband, who is a chef, will cook for the us tomorrow. can’t wait to sit down and have a meal with the family, i miss that! the little one wanted to share her meal with me last nite. honestly, it’s the first time i wanted to dig in.

i wanted to call some “V-Diet hotline” to get some immediate support. i held strong! soon enough i’ll be able to have a real meal. and it will be healthy, and lean and good for me, and it will taste really, really good. i swear i’ll savor every bite!! i will eat mindfully! for 40 years, i have not, and look where it has gotten me! 28 days, to step back, adjust, and start again, with a new step forward.

enjoy your HSM tomorrow and you will be ready to rock and start your 2nd week…:slight_smile:

holy shit! just finished my first challenge! ass kicker! but i made it through!
looking forward to my hsm tonite…salmon, asparagus, spinach & quinoa. can hardly wait!!
day 7, weighed in less 6 pounds!!! yippieeee!

day 8:
wow! dinner was really good!!!
got a great walk in this morning, had my workout, miss is resting, so i’ll get ready for work.

Grats on HSM #1!! 6 pounds is awesome!!! Any measurements?

I know this is a weird question for most but I am not a cook and I am not very good at foody stuff but what is quinoa?

[quote]cyndelu wrote:
holy shit! just finished my first challenge! ass kicker! but i made it through!
looking forward to my hsm tonite…salmon, asparagus, spinach & quinoa. can hardly wait!!
day 7, weighed in less 6 pounds!!! yippieeee![/quote]

hey this is exactly the type of HSM I will take…salmon, grilled with feta cheese (a little) and pistou…with broccoli and quinoa…I jsut love quinoa…hum I’m just day 3 lol

[quote]austin2174 wrote:
Grats on HSM #1!! 6 pounds is awesome!!! Any measurements?

I know this is a weird question for most but I am not a cook and I am not very good at foody stuff but what is quinoa? [/quote]

quinoa…a south american grain, rich in protein, cooks like rice. delicious! (you can find it in health food stores)

day 9
i’m loving the nepa walks, first thing in the morning! it really puts my day into perspective.

HOT-ROX work for me, it’s a good buzz! had coffee in my choco shake…yummy! buzz buzz!
can’t sit still anymore…gotta go!

“HOT-ROX work for me, it’s a good buzz! had coffee in my choco shake…yummy! buzz buzz!
can’t sit still anymore…gotta go!” -cyndelu

Haha, awesome. Go go go!

day 11…really?
so far, so good.

inlaws came to celebrate my birthday yesterday, sporting a huge strawberry bisrto cake, you know the one, with 2 inches of butter cream frosting!! i didn’t even have the slightest interest in it! (albeit a sweet gesture), it didn’t even tempt me!

tuesday is the big day! it will also mark my half way point. i will celebrate with my v-challenge(erggg!), measurement and weight, and hsm(yeah!) with family and friends. i don’t really have any cravings, except for champagne bubbles(hum?)…

i’ve been getting great support from my husband and friends. clothes are fitting different. i certainly feel i can see this thru to the end.

You can and will see this thru!

You’re doing great, and you’re a motivation to us all. Keep it up!

Here’s to a great second half! Off to also to my V-burn challenge.

HEY nice your birthday too? We got several birthdays within these two or three days right here. Grats on the halfway point too!

You had to deny your own birthday cake too huh? I admit, it was hard for me, but I did it. Thats a great feeling right.

I put on clothes that fit better too, and for me that’s a big motivator. Sounds like we’re a lot alike in that :wink: