Biotest

Well, Here We Go

I started the Velocity Diet this past Wed. (11/17) I wanted to start the previous Monday but my supplies didn’t come in until Tuesday. I was at the point where I wasn’t going to wait any longer than necessary so I forged ahead.

I made a couple minor tweaks that I hope Chris approves of since I started in the middle of the week.

1. I started with the 2nd workout on Wed. I didn’t want to through everything out of wack and end up doing my Challenge workout during the week so I just skipped the first workout.

2. I had my first HSM on Saturday, I probably could have gone without it but I wanted to get one in a week and since Thursday is Thanksgiving I will have my HSM on Thursdays starting on Thanksgiving.

3. I still plan to do the eating plan the full 6 weeks and will do the last Monday workout for a second time on my last Monday of the plan (unless Chris has a better idea).

I’m hoping these changes aren’t enough to cause problems.

Starting stats:

Height 5’8"
Weight 186.5 lbs
Neck 15 3/4"
Shoulders 46 1/4"
Chest Upper 41"
Chest Lower 41"
Waist at Navel 39"
Waist at largest 39 1/2"
Hips at largest 39 1/2"
Upper Arm L&R 12 1/2"
Upper Leg L&R 25 1/4"
Lower Leg L&R 15 7/8"
Ankle Left 9 3/8"
Ankle Right 9 1/4"

I’m guessing the difference in ankles is due to tearing some ligaments in my left ankle in May.

Your plan sounds fine. Welcome aboard!

Very cool to see someone starting the V-Diet during “fat season” – the holidays. Shows a lot of sack!

Keep us posted!

Thanks Chris, not sure if it show a lot of sack or a lack of intelligence.

So far, so good. I’m not hungry at all and actually have to work to fit in all the shakes. I’ve mixed most of them with about 8-10 ounces of water and just shake them by hand. For breakfast and dinner I throw the flax seed and Superfood in a little Diet Mountain Dew (guilty pleasure) and shoot it down, I just can’t stand the taste in a shake or alone.

I’m not a big fan of peanut butter so I haven’t been mixing it into my night shake just measuring it out and eating it along with my shake. I enjoy the different consistency than the shakes but I don’t like it enough to be tempted to eat any extra.

The workouts are no joke. I read most of the Ask Chris posts before starting and saw how some people questioned the difficulty of the workouts. They are short, but as Chris said in response to a couple posts, if they are easy then you aren’t doing them right.

Looking forward to getting through today, weighing in & measurements tomorrow!

Stepped on the scale for the first time this morning since starting . . .

179, that’s 7.5 lbs in my first week!

I’ll post measurements later but lost 3/4" off my largest waist measurment.

This certainly provided some motivation to keep on chugging

This weekend was a tough one, Saturday I think I had every unhealthy craving under the sun. The worst was when I was out running errands longer than expected and was late with my dinner shake. I stayed strong though and made it throuh the day without cheating.

I woke up Sunday at 12:30! I can’t remember the last time I did that. Because of the late start I skipped my breakfast shake and stayed with the rest of the scheduled shakes. My V-challange workout was scheduled for this day but a killer headache kicked in that dictated I skip it. I hated missing the workout but there was no way it was getting done with the headache.

Finally, I overslept/hit traffic this morning so I missed yet another workout. The plan is to get that one in tonight along with my NEPA.

The upside is I didn’t give into temptation over the weekend and only missed one shake (breakfast Sun.) so overall I’ll feel ok if I hit the gym tonight.

I found my first run through I was pretty tired in the morning and therefore missed a few morning workouts, you’re doing the right thing, dont’ beat yourself up hit it hard in the evening, or you could always adjust tue/thu/sat instead of mon/wed/fri or whatever fits your schedule.

Thanks Nate.

Tough week.

Week 2 was a rough one. I had some searious cravings over the weekend but I made it through with the diet intact.

I stepped on the scale this morning and came up at 180.5, that’s plus 1.5 lbs for the week. Needless to say that was a disappointment.

I know I need to focus on the measurements. I’ve lost an inch off my waist and about 1/4 of an inch off my neck. Plus, I am down 6 lbs. over two weeks.

I haven’t planned out my HSM this week but I’ll be going out of town and using my week 4 meal on the 11th so I’m planning on streatching this week’s meal as late into the week as possible. It feels good to have one in my hip pocket to use whenever I want to.

Half way there and I can see the 4 week finish line.

Update through 3 weeks:

Lost 3.5 lbs this week. That puts me at 9.5 lbs for the 3 weeks! Nice comeback after the weight gain in weekd 2. I’ve lost a total of 2 inches off my largest waist measurement as well. Workouts have taken a hit due to a respitory infection I’ve been fighting. I’ve stuck to the diet though so I’m considering that a success!

Since I originally started on Wed. next Tuesday is the last day of the 4 week grind. I’m going out of town with my girlfriend and some friends this weekend so that will be tough. I’ll have a HSM and stick to the shakes until Tues. I look at it this way; if I cheat on the diet, my last 3 1/2 weeks were a waste. My girlfriend and one of the other girls going compute in figure so I have some people that understand :slight_smile: