Biotest

Weight Limit? Loose Skin?

While browsing through this site I was thinking about getting started on the V-Diet, however before I did I was just wondering if someone could clear up two questions/concerns I have.

One is I know that if you’re over a certain weight they say its best not to do the V-Diet, my question is are we counting scale weight or are we subtracting muscle mass, because on scale weight I cant be on the diet but subtract muscle mass and only count the fat I just make it.

And my second question is will losing alot of weight this fast have a negative effect such as lose skin? I mean I already got a little man cleavage and stomach over the belt going just trying to figure out if losing that to fast will leave me with lose skin. Thanks in advance for your responses

FWIW, I believe the premise is that the v-diet requires considerable self-control, which requires folk to first learn nutrition fundamentals first such as adequate protein, fats, carbs and when to have what etc.

And, you ought to be in the habit of regularly exercising as well.

This done, you ought to be the correct weight anyway.

[quote]bigmavrock wrote:
While browsing through this site I was thinking about getting started on the V-Diet, however before I did I was just wondering if someone could clear up two questions/concerns I have.

One is I know that if you’re over a certain weight they say its best not to do the V-Diet, my question is are we counting scale weight or are we subtracting muscle mass, because on scale weight I cant be on the diet but subtract muscle mass and only count the fat I just make it.

And my second question is will losing alot of weight this fast have a negative effect such as lose skin? I mean I already got a little man cleavage and stomach over the belt going just trying to figure out if losing that to fast will leave me with lose skin. Thanks in advance for your responses [/quote]

1. Step on the scale. That’s how much you weigh and the number you use in the V-Diet plan.

2. Any large amount of fat loss, at any speed, with any diet, can lead to some loose skin issues. Actually, the diet doesn’t cause “loose skin”. Getting fat does through stretching damage. Losing the fat just makes it show up.

The point I was trying to make is that I’m about 310 pounds, however not in the morbidly obese way I have a good amount of muscle on me and most people think im about 270 the program says you cant use unless your 260 can I still use it or is there a reason why that weight is reccomended

[quote]bigmavrock wrote:
The point I was trying to make is that I’m about 310 pounds, however not in the morbidly obese way I have a good amount of muscle on me and most people think im about 270 the program says you cant use unless your 260 can I still use it or is there a reason why that weight is reccomended[/quote]

Sorry, the program isn’t for you at this time.

[quote]Chris Shugart wrote:
Sorry, the program isn’t for you at this time. [/quote]
Does that imply that sometime in the future you might extend the weight range? Or am I just playing with semantics?

[quote]yorik wrote:
Does that imply that sometime in the future you might extend the weight range? Or am I just playing with semantics?
[/quote]

maybe he just needs to loose some weight before going on the diet ?

[quote]blunt wrote:

[quote]yorik wrote:
[/quote]

maybe he just needs to loose some weight before going on the diet ?[/quote]

Correct.

I’m confused - a guy who is 6’8", 300lbs and 22% BF can’t do this diet but a woman who is 5’0" 170lbs and 35% BF can?

What’s the science behind this, seemingly, arbitrary number?

[quote]TheTick42 wrote:
I’m confused - a guy who is 6’8", 300lbs and 22% BF can’t do this diet but a woman who is 5’0" 170lbs and 35% BF can?

What’s the science behind this, seemingly, arbitrary number?[/quote]

If someone is 6’ 8" then he’s a statistical outlier. The V-Diet calculator just doesn’t “fit” him, much like most beds and cars. Same as the woman who’s chubby at 110 lbs because she’s 4’ 11".

If somebody who is above the upper range of the V-Diet wants to do something similar, they could look into doing the same diet doctors give people who got a lap band installed for their first two weeks. They might be surprised what it looks like. They might just replace the gastric band with discipline.

Hey, it’s just an idea.