Biotest

Weight Gain Week Two

I am on day 12 of the V-Diet. The first week I lost 8 pounds which is more than I expected however I weighed myself today and have gained 3 pounds back. Nothing has changed in my diet or workouts. I have followed the diet and workout plan religiously including the solid meal. Any suggestions or advice?

[quote]strictlysrt wrote:
I am on day 12 of the V-Diet. The first week I lost 8 pounds which is more than I expected however I weighed myself today and have gained 3 pounds back. Nothing has changed in my diet or workouts. I have followed the diet and workout plan religiously including the solid meal. Any suggestions or advice? [/quote]

Don’t weigh yourself if you’re not mentally prepared to see fluctuations. I’ve been weighing every day actually because I was curious to see how big the fluctuations really were (I normally weight every day anyways, so I’m used to seeing huge changes). In the first two weeks it took me 4-5 days for the “weight gain” after my HSM to come back off.

Yes, there are going to be fluctuations, probably big ones. The overall trend is much more important. So if the ups and downs freak you out (sounds like they do) then just don’t get on the scale until you’re supposed to.

Are you using the prescribed Biotest products? HRX, Metabolic Drive etc.?

LR

Did you take the body measurements outlined? If so, how do those look? I would go more with inches lost instead of pounds lost.

First, make sure you’re following the guidelines here:

http://www.t-nation.com/tmagnum/readTopic.do?id=2155739

…including same scale, same time of day (morning, after bathroom, before breakfast) etc.

Then, keep in mind it’s pretty much impossible to gain FAT on a low carb, calorie-restricted diet that includes weight training and NEPA. Probably a water weight fluctuation, either on your first weigh-in or the recent one.