Biotest

Weigh Your Food!

Hey all, I saw this video and thought everyone should look at this. Make sure you are getting all you can out of this diet!

Vid makes a good point about peanut butter. A serving is not as much as you can possibly fit onto a spoon and/or shovel. No, really, it’s not.

Nice find!
And people think I’m crazy for weighing my food!
The protein powder scoopers can be off sometimes too!

My tip for weighing peanut butter:

Weigh a larger spoon from your silverware drawer. Weigh it in grams. Each spoon might be slightly different. Mine is usually 64 grams. Scoop an estimated 32 grams of peanut butter and weigh the whole thing again. Make sure the scale is weighing the full weight of the spoon (the spoon shouldn’t be touching anything but the top of the scale). In my case, the total should be 96 grams.

Enjoy.

Yeah, seems obvious, but I haven’t seen anyone mention it. And yes, it is extremely anal.

I make a little game out of it. I can usually get within a couple grams on first try. I think I have discovered a new talent. Of course, my wife just has more evidence that I am a complete nut job.

[quote]LeftNut wrote:
My tip for weighing peanut butter:

Weigh a larger spoon from your silverware drawer. Weigh it in grams. Each spoon might be slightly different. Mine is usually 64 grams. Scoop an estimated 32 grams of peanut butter and weigh the whole thing again. Make sure the scale is weighing the full weight of the spoon (the spoon shouldn’t be touching anything but the top of the scale). In my case, the total should be 96 grams.

Enjoy.

Yeah, seems obvious, but I haven’t seen anyone mention it. And yes, it is extremely anal.

I make a little game out of it. I can usually get within a couple grams on first try. I think I have discovered a new talent. Of course, my wife just has more evidence that I am a complete nut job.

[/quote]

I do exactly the same thing, game included

I just eat one slightly rounded tbsp of peanut butter and say it’s two tbsp. Seems to work fine :slight_smile:

I do things a little differently. I put the container on the scale, and then tare it (zero it) then I take out how much I need till the scale reads -32g or whatever I’m measuring.

Works for me, because it means less washing up rather then using a bowl or cup to weigh in.

Yes I’m that lazy, only when it comes to washing up though, I don’t even like filling the dishwasher.

LR

[quote]London Runner wrote:
I do things a little differently. I put the container on the scale, and then tare it (zero it) then I take out how much I need till the scale reads -32g or whatever I’m measuring.

Works for me, because it means less washing up rather then using a bowl or cup to weigh in.

Yes I’m that lazy, only when it comes to washing up though, I don’t even like filling the dishwasher.

LR[/quote]

Yeah, that’s the best method - and the reason I do it too!

[quote]London Runner wrote:

LR[/quote]

Yep, that is better. The only thing is making sure the scale doesn’t reset itself or get off as you move the container around. Mine is a little tempermental that way.

I have measuring spoons that are hemispherical, so as I scoop I just make a ball with the Tablespoon. The top portion is equal to the bottom portion so that’s two tbsp.

My last jar lasted 23 days, and there were 23 servings. Worked pretty well.