Biotest

Week #2

On day 15 of the V-Diet and have just been lurking for inspiration (Thank you :slight_smile: )…the first week lost 5.5 pounds and this week (just weighed in this am) I only lost 1 pound. I know you slow down in week 2 but is just one pound normal??

Thanks for your advice in advance and thanks for all the motivation provided here!

Acufit

Much depends on how much you have to lose. Those with a lot to lose, well, lose more, and faster. Those just fine tuning lose less, and slower.

But all that said, those V-Dieters who have a slow week usually see a bigger jump the next week. And of course the important thing is the FINAL results. So far you’ve lost fat at more than twice the normal rate… which ain’t too shabby.

And THAT said, scales are wonky, natural body fluctuations will drive you nuts, even just weighing weekly. How are the tape measurements?

[quote]Chris Shugart wrote:

And THAT said, scales are wonky, natural body fluctuations will drive you nuts, even just weighing weekly. How are the tape measurements?

[/quote]

Yup … worry more about tape measurements and skin fold measurements than scale weight. Think about it like this … if you drink 2 scoos of protein shake with about 1 litre of water, you’ve just added about 2 lbs to your scale weight (if you don’t go to the bathroom while drinking the shake). This 2lbs isn’t fat or muscle obviously.

Sometimes I go to bed 5 lbs heavier than I was in the morning.

Thanks for the quick responses…my measurements…

Upper arm: stayed the same
Shoulder: -1"
Hips: -2.25"
Ankle: same
Neck: same
Chest over breast: -1.5"
Chest just below: -1.0"
Waist: -1.50"
Upper thigh: Week one -1.25" then this week +.25 so total of -1"?
Calf: same

Sarah

[quote]Acufit wrote:
Thanks for the quick responses…my measurements…

Upper arm: stayed the same
Shoulder: -1"
Hips: -2.25"
Ankle: same
Neck: same
Chest over breast: -1.5"
Chest just below: -1.0"
Waist: -1.50"
Upper thigh: Week one -1.25" then this week +.25 so total of -1"?
Calf: same

Sarah[/quote]

See, those are some great numbers. Don’t worry about the scale, although I bet you’ll like it better next weigh-in.

I’ll keep you posted

Sarah