Biotest

Water, Strength, and the V-Diet

Just checking here… I usually drink a ton of water, but have not felt like drinking much so far on the diet. Should I force myself to drink more h20? I don’t care about water weight, just inches.

Also, (don’t flame me for this), you cannot stunt muscle growth if you are following the calories counts correctly right? Will I continue to get bigger or will I just sort of “maintain?” Again, I’m not worried about losing… just about gaining.

[quote]wecndo wrote:
Just checking here… I usually drink a ton of water, but have not felt like drinking much so far on the diet. Should I force myself to drink more h20? I don’t care about water weight, just inches.[/quote]

You are likely already drinking a lot of water given all the Metabolic Drive shakes and Surge drinks. I would not force more unless you want it.

And by the way, “water weight” is often caused from not drinking enough water. One of the best ways to get rid of bloat is to drink more water. So you have that backward a bit.

[quote]
Also, (don’t flame me for this), you cannot stunt muscle growth if you are following the calories counts correctly right? Will I continue to get bigger or will I just sort of “maintain?” Again, I’m not worried about losing… just about gaining.[/quote]

You will not lose muscle on the V-Diet if following it correctly and training as mandated. However, it’s a fat loss diet, not a muscle-gain diet.

Some DO gain a little muscle if they’re new to a good lifting program or adequate protein intake, but that’s not the primary goal of the V-Diet. The main goals are rapid fat loss, muscle maintenance, and positive taste/habit changes.

Hey Chris…
Hello from Brasil!

I don’t do well with protein before bed. I think that tirosin affect my sleep. So I take one spoon of “canola” oil… It has 0.8g Omega 3 and 3.2g polyunsaturated fat. I wish I could afford fish oil, but here its expensive and I take 2g after meals…

Is this a good alternative? What would you suggest.
Sorry for my English!
Theus

Thinking about V-Diet here. Currently doing resistance intensely 2 or 3 times a week, but also 3 martial arts workouts a week. The martial arts are not “cardio”…but they are intense, you do sweat and you do get tired.

Would the martial arts be too much during V-Diet?

I got an idiot question concerning fluid in take per day. How on earth do you know the amount that an individual needs? I tried various amounts, but doesn’t seem to help. Only thing that does get my water retention lower is eating little to no carbs.

So…does anyone know how to calculate or something the amount of fluids you need per day?

[quote]Falstyr wrote:
I got an idiot question concerning fluid in take per day. How on earth do you know the amount that an individual needs? [/quote]

A simple method, probably a little too simple but try it anyway, is to look at urine color. Should be clear to light yellow. If darker, drink more water.

Another method is to try the general “gallon a day” guideline. But keep in mind that bodyweight, climate, activity, etc. all affect that. Still, it’s a place to start.

Thanks for the info Shugart.

Using the colour of the urine as guideline didn’t help. So far it’s always transparant and that is with about 3/4 of a gallon. I also tried drinking less, but that didn’t help either. So I’ll try more…like the entire gallon which is 3,7liters :open_mouth:

[quote]Falstyr wrote:
Thanks for the info Shugart.

Using the colour of the urine as guideline didn’t help. So far it’s always transparant and that is with about 3/4 of a gallon. I also tried drinking less, but that didn’t help either. So I’ll try more…like the entire gallon which is 3,7liters :O[/quote]

What exactly are you trying to cure? Retention? Because there are many reasons the body can retain water that have nothing to do with actual food intake.

*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Disclaimer: Individual results may vary.