Biotest

VTBalla's V-Diet aka 'Let's Do This $&@#'

Alright guys, I’m ready to do this. My broken rib injury 5 weeks ago be damned. I did a test run of the workout on Monday and feel like I can handle it, my doctor has given me the go ahead, and I’m ready to rock this mother.

My story is as common as the rest of you: I was always very active and into sports up through college. 4 sport athlete in high school and even played JV basketball at Virginia Tech. But I fell into a sedentary lifestyle after graduating. Now is the time to undo 5 years of shitty eating and general lethargy.

At the end of January, I joined a gym and was about 264 on February 1st. As of today, I am 252 so I am making solid progress already, and that is cardio only and no lifting due to the rib injury. I want to really change my lifestyle and I think the V-Diet is truly the vehicle to help me achieve that.

I appreciate all the support from everyone on this forum, and I make my commitment to you that I will stick to the diet and post regular updates. Please help keep me straight!

See ya’ll around!

Here is my meal/workout plan. I will be working out Monday, Wednesday, Friday (MWF), so those days are a little different in the evenings.

0830: Wake up and pop HOT-ROX
0900: Breakfast Shake (Meal 1)
1300: Lunch Shake (Meal 2)
1700: Mid-Afternoon Shake (Meal 3)
1815-1915(Not MWF): NEPA Walk
1815-2015 (MWF): Workout Program & NEPA Walk
1915 (MWF): Surge Recovery Drink (Mon, Wed, Fri)
2000: Dinner Shake (Meal 4)
2330: Bedtime Shake (Meal 5)

Based on the above, when would you guys recommend the second serving of HOT-ROX? I’m thinking at around 1800 (right before my workouts)? Will the hour that has lapsed since my Meal 3 be enough to qualify as “empty stomach”? Am I grossly over-thinking this? haha…any suggestions are much appreciated.

–Nate

Im on Day 1 today, and Im on the exact same schedule and I mean right down to the quarter and half hours! (weird). And Im wondering the same exact thing about HOT-ROX. Hope somebody has some advice on that. Sure dont want to be laying in bed all night trying unsuccessfully to sleep.

Good luck on your V-Diet! You’ll get lots of support here and I’m sure you will do fantastic.

Lisa

[quote]VTBalla34 wrote:

0830: Wake up and pop HOT-ROX
1815-1915(Not MWF): NEPA Walk
1815-2015 (MWF): Workout Program & NEPA Walk
1915 (MWF): Surge Recovery Drink (Mon, Wed, Fri)
2000: Dinner Shake (Meal 4)
2330: Bedtime Shake (Meal 5)

Based on the above, when would you guys recommend the second serving of HOT-ROX? I’m thinking at around 1800 (right before my workouts)? Will the hour that has lapsed since my Meal 3 be enough to qualify as “empty stomach”? Am I grossly over-thinking this? haha…any suggestions are much appreciated.

–Nate[/quote]

If I remember correctly, the recommended gap between the two HOT-ROX servings is approx. 6 hours, my concern with your 1800 time is that it is only 5 1/2 hours away from your bed time - Perhaps Chris can weigh in on this as well.

Like you, I have a daily schedule all typed up in MS Excel and printed and pinned on my board! (Here’s a link to it: http://www.T-Nation.com/free_online_forum/diet_performance_nutrition_bodybuilding_velocity/veggie_vdiet_30?pageNo=0#2877232)

n general, the more you invest in the Velocity Diet, the more you’ll get out of it!

Good luck!

Lisa & E-trader: Thanks for the words of encouragement! BUT, please don’t wish me luck. This diet is not about luck, it is about forcing yourself to change your body without cheating yourself. Luck has no part in it; it is all cause and effect.

I don’t have my current pictures yet. I’m going to try to borrow a digital camera from a friend tonight and get them posted, but I do want to share my goal pictures. These are from the 2002-2003 timeframe when I was in really good shape and playing JV basketball at Virginia Tech. These are my motivation and I am going to do what it takes to reattain that body.

And one more. VT vs. Texas A&M 2003 during Hurricane Isabel…man that was a great game!

[quote]VTBalla34 wrote:
Lisa & E-trader: Thanks for the words of encouragement! BUT, please don’t wish me luck. This diet is not about luck, it is about forcing yourself to change your body without cheating yourself. Luck has no part in it; it is all cause and effect.

I don’t have my current pictures yet. I’m going to try to borrow a digital camera from a friend tonight and get them posted, but I do want to share my goal pictures. These are from the 2002-2003 timeframe when I was in really good shape and playing JV basketball at Virginia Tech. These are my motivation and I am going to do what it takes to reattain that body.[/quote]

You’re right - Luck in the traditional sense won’t get anyone the success they want out of the Velocity Diet. But I once read the following definition of luck which is probably something I can subscribe to:

Luck is the intersection of opportunity and preparation. In other words, be ready when the chance comes - Your opportunity is now and the preparation to a great deal has been made easier for all of us by Chris and the rest of the T-Nation team.

And btw, you’re right in using internal motivation (getting back to the shape you were in those pictures) to get fired up!

JESUS! I just took my before pictures. I truly believe this is the most motivational part of the whole program. Really didn’t realize how out of shape I had let myself get. And this is after losing 12 lbs in the past 6 weeks…just wow

Well, here goes nothing…

Left Side

Right Side

Back

Just realized I don’t have a fabric measuring tape longer than 25", so I will get those measurements posted tomorrow…can’t wait to start…

VTBalla34,

By posting these pictures, IMO, you’ve done one of the hardest things which is to accept the reality that a change is needed - Congrats!

Btw, I use a MyoTape which I’ve found quite handy.

Stay Strong!

Ok, so I am starting today (Thursday). Just got my measurements taken, here they are:

Height: 6’5
Weight: 249.0
Neck: 17.5
Shoulders: 51
Chest - Upper: 45
Chest - Lower: 43
Waist - at Navel: 44
Waist - at largest: 44
Hips - at largest: 43.5
Upper Arm - L: 15
Upper Arm - R: 15
Upper Leg - L: 23
Upper Leg - R: 23
Lower Leg - L: 16.5
Lower Leg - R: 17
Ankle - L: 9.5
Ankle - R: 9.5

I also have a Taylor (5599) Scale that measures the following:

Bodyfat: 31.1% (Handheld BIA at gym says 24%)
Body Water: 54.7%
Muslce Mass: 42.2 lbs
Bone Mineral Mass: 6.8 lbs

I am ready to rock this!!!

Changed my schedule up a little to get in my NEPA in what would normally be my lunch hour, and add 2nd HOT-ROX serving:

0830: Wake up and pop HOT-ROX (1st Serving)
1200-1300: NEPA
1600: HOT-ROX (2nd Serving)
1900-2000(MWF): Workout
2000 (MWF): Surge Recovery
2030: Dinner Shake (Meal 4)
2400: Bedtime Shake (Meal 5)

So on target so far (then again, it would be sad to screw up in the first 2 hours of the diet!). Woke up at 0830 and had my HOT-ROX. I started out with one pill just to make sure I can handle it, even though I’ve been taking Hydroxycut Hardcore for the past 5 weeks. A little jittery, but shouldn’t be a problem.

I was very surprised at how filling the shake was. And this is coming from a man that used to finish off an entire large pizza in one sitting (which is why I need the V-Diet now, obviously!). It took me about 20 minutes to down it. I’ve been drinking a Myoplex shake a day for the past couple months, and this one was WAY more filling, which is a good thing considering I was always hungry an hour later with Myoplex.

Going to get my NEPA in at noon today. Let’s rock!

I’d wish you luck but after reading the previous post, i’ll wish you to stick to your ironwill. Just remember…week days are nothing…but beware of weekends, especially if you live with a non v-dieter ;o)

sounds like you are off to a good start!

Just got done with my hour-long NEPA walk. I had planned to do this in my work clothes (business casual) on the regular, but I sweated so much today that this just isn’t possible. I guess I’ll start bringing a pair of shorts and shirt in and taking a quick shower afterward. The workout itself wasn’t that hard, but I can definitely feel it in my calves.

Total Time: 1 hour
Incline: 4 degrees
Total Calories: 420
Average Speed: 3.7 mph
Average Heart Rate: 133

I alternated between 3 mph and 4 mph at 5 minute intervals. Hope to achieve a steady 4. Proper workout attire should help.

I started feeling hungry right around minute 55, which was right on schedule with my 1300 feeding, so no problems there.

Just downed lunch shake and Flameout with no problems. I added a lot more water to this one so I didn’t feel like I was choking this one down, and had it knocked out before I knew it.

RAWRRR!!!

I’m starting up next week, so I’ll be checking in every now and then to see your progress. Keep up the good work!