Biotest

V's V Diet

I’m usually a reader, not a poster, but I will gladly do this with the hopes that it will help me against the odds. I live in NYC and work at a restaurant/bar as a bartender. Let me tell you… these two things are NOT helpful when trying to maintain clean eating habits! Everything revolves around liquor in NYC. Social gatherings, evenings, my income.

It’s become a part of life and so has the food and lifestyle that comes along with working at a bar. Smoking just to have a break. Eating just to make it through a long shift. They feed us things that are easy to make for “family meal”, which usually consists of things thrown in the fryer or stir-fried. Sausages, fries, cheese, oil, butter… It’s a Beer Garden for christ’s sake.

That being said, this is what helped contribute to my descent into being out of it. Out of shape, out of touch with reality. I was depressed and stressed and binge ate my way to the top of the scale at 171 being the heaviest I’ve ever been. In college I was 125 at one point (too thin for me at 5’7", but hey at least I was motivated). I worked out 5+ days/week lifting and running and also had 2-4hrs of dance every other day.

I was in great shape, but it was taxing on my mind more so than my body because of the strictness of my clean diet. I looked hot, but was unhappy! wth right? I seem to go to extremes. Crazy healthy or crazy unhealthy. I’m looking to jump start a new level of balance! I’m starting out at 153lbs because I have been hitting the gym and eating healthy when I’m not working. I have an athletic body under these layers of fat! Can’t wait to really get into it.

ANYWAY. Here are my starting stats:Height 5’7"
Weight 153
Neck 13
Shoulders 41.5
Chest - Upper 36
Chest - Lower 32.5
Waist - natural 30.5
Waist - at largest 37.5
Hips - at largest 40.5
Upper Arm - L 12
Upper Arm - R 12.5
Upper Leg - L 22.85
Upper Leg - R 23.5
Lower Leg - L 14
Lower Leg - R 14
Ankle - L 8
Ankle - R 8
BF% - 32.76 (used a measurement website…not sure, but will use to gauge improvements)

i guess the photos work when i post! this is a pic from about 150. i moved a couple weeks ago and the chord to my camera is MIA. body is VERY close to the same. i’ll post the officials soon!

i started the diet yesterday actually. i’ve been feeling seriously full. somewhat nauseous, with sinus pressure. weird. I’m not doing HOT-ROX because fat burners give me chest pains. it’s tough because people don’t really understand why i’m drinking these shakes at work and everyone has an opinion. i feel like it’s a secret! i’m thinking i’ll have to lay low for a month because everything in this city revolves around food and drinking and i REFUSE TO CHEAT.

here’s a pic from when i was 166!! or 169 i dont remember. holy fatness. at least those days are behind me :slight_smile:

first workout yesterday was great. nice and short and I can feel it today. i’m wondering if I should be doing NEPA on the days that I bartend because there is A LOT of walking back and forth for hours… at least 9hrs, but it can go to 11+hrs. i actually work up a sweat, especially in this summer heat with all the windows open.

I also seem to miss the last shake of the day with the peanut butter when i’m working. is it ok to come home at 2am or later and just do it then? following the plan would say yes, but not sure if my hours are under a weird consideration. Chris mentioned that people do the shakes right before bed, so maybe it’s fine.

that being said, i totally feel a difference only a couple days in. i consider yesterday my real start day because this work week has been uncharacteristically nuts and i failed to prepare the original 2nd day. lesson learned.

i get a lot of shit at work from people wondering why i’m drinking shakes and they all tell me i dont need to lose weight. i want to tell them to stfu and leave me alone, but what are you gonna do when you’re the only bartender and you have to make your meal in front of curious people? i’ll just tell them to look it up and talk to me about it when they’re read up.

[quote]greenwaypress wrote:
first workout yesterday was great. nice and short and I can feel it today. i’m wondering if I should be doing NEPA on the days that I bartend because there is A LOT of walking back and forth for hours… at least 9hrs, but it can go to 11+hrs. i actually work up a sweat, especially in this summer heat with all the windows open.

I also seem to miss the last shake of the day with the peanut butter when i’m working. is it ok to come home at 2am or later and just do it then? following the plan would say yes, but not sure if my hours are under a weird consideration. Chris mentioned that people do the shakes right before bed, so maybe it’s fine.

that being said, i totally feel a difference only a couple days in. i consider yesterday my real start day because this work week has been uncharacteristically nuts and i failed to prepare the original 2nd day. lesson learned.

i get a lot of shit at work from people wondering why i’m drinking shakes and they all tell me i dont need to lose weight. i want to tell them to stfu and leave me alone, but what are you gonna do when you’re the only bartender and you have to make your meal in front of curious people? i’ll just tell them to look it up and talk to me about it when they’re read up.[/quote]

1. Always do your NEPA

2. Shake is fine right before bed

3. Tell them to STFU. Seriously, you’re not asking them why they are on their 12th whiskey and water… No really tell them that. IT’S your choice, just buckle down and do it!

You’ll do great