Biotest

V's V-Diet Log

Started my V-Diet yesterday (4/27/2009)! 1 day down…a few more weeks to go. I realized I needed to do this in order to reverse the disturbing trend I had adopted of ignoring my health and allowing exercise to lapse from my routine.

It’s been interesting reading the blogs…some incredible results. Also great that several people have also started yesterday too…it will be good to track status with all of you.

Here are my vitals:

Height: 5’ 10"
Weight: 216.0
Neck: 16
Shoulders: 40.5
Chest - Upper: 44
Chest - Lower: 43.5
Waist - at Navel: 44
Waist - at largest: 44.5
Hips - at largest: 40.5
Upper Arm - L: 16.5
Upper Arm - R: 16.25
Upper Leg - L: 28.5
Upper Leg - R: 28.5
Lower Leg - L: 16
Lower Leg - R: 16
Ankle - L: 10.5
Ankle - R: 10.5

Truth be told, I’ve got plenty of pounds and inches to lose.

So, after day 1.5 days, I’ve got a few questions. Hoping for some expert advice.

Shakes - The shakes themselves are fine. The taste is ok and I’m glad that I varied the flavors. That is going to help me out from “taste stagnation/boredom”. My biggest problem is the sheer volume of liquid. I feel extremely full and finishing some of them is a struggle.

Can I reduce some of the water in each shake if I keep to the amount of ingrediants specified in each? I drink water in parallel during the day - out of habit, so I make up for what I remove that way from a hydration perspective.

I was tempted to skip my dinner shake yesterday because I felt so full after having my Surge shake post-workout, but decided to try and stick to the program to a tee. My assumption is that it’s critical to get the calories through all of the shakes in order sustain the workouts/NEPA, etc.

HOT-ROX - I’ve been taking 1 pill twice a day. One first thing in the morning, 45-60 minutes my first shake of the day. Then the second around 1pm, about 2 hours after my 2nd shake of the day. I’m not sure if I’ve got an empty stomach at that point, but when you’re “eating” every 3 hours, that’s as good as you’re going to get. Please let me know if there’s another preferred method.

Also, should I try to up the quantity to 2 pills twice a day? Is more better by definition (i.e., does it help catalyze the process?) What are the downsides?

I should note that I didn’t sleep all that well last night, but that could’ve been anything.

NEPA was great yesterday. This could be what I will enjoy most about the program.

Anyways, thanks for the inputs and suggestions in advance.

Glad to have you on board!

1. Yes, you can manipulate the amount of water you use. Whatever you prefer. Same goes with ice usage in the blender. Use a little or a lot.

2. You really don’t even have to take HOT-ROX on an empty stomach. For example, I take mine with foods or shakes because I’m sensitive to HOT-ROX. They still work fine. So, whatever works best for you. Just don’t take your last dose too late in the day.

3. It’s best to work up to max dosages, which is four total capsules per day. If you can’t handle it, that’s fine, but max dosage gives the best results.

Thanks for the info Chris - very helpful.
I’ll try to up it to 2 HOT-ROX for my second dosage today.

One more question pertaining to the “Bedtime Shake”. Should this shake be consumed literally right before I go to bed, or just as my last shake of the day within a couple hours of bedtime?

Also, I was curious about the science of the bedtime shake. I’ve always been under the impression that eating right before sleeping wasn’t optimal, however, I’m far from a nutrition/health expert. Not sure if this was more myth than fact, or, that the constitution of the V-Diet changes the “rules” of this for V-Dieters.

I’m not planning on deviating, but it’s always helpful for me personally to understand some of the background info if possible.

Thanks!

Hi, welcome. That’s an interesting question about the bedtime meal. You should post it on the Ask Chris thread, he’s really good about answering stuff there.

[quote]ATXwolverine wrote:
Thanks for the info Chris - very helpful.
I’ll try to up it to 2 HOT-ROX for my second dosage today.

One more question pertaining to the “Bedtime Shake”. Should this shake be consumed literally right before I go to bed, or just as my last shake of the day within a couple hours of bedtime?

Also, I was curious about the science of the bedtime shake. I’ve always been under the impression that eating right before sleeping wasn’t optimal, however, I’m far from a nutrition/health expert. Not sure if this was more myth than fact, or, that the constitution of the V-Diet changes the “rules” of this for V-Dieters.

I’m not planning on deviating, but it’s always helpful for me personally to understand some of the background info if possible.

Thanks![/quote]

Bedtime shake is basically the last shake of the day. Have it maybe an hour or so before bedtime. It’s not that big of a deal, but 1) you don’t want it too far from bedtime or you’ll be hungry trying to go to sleep.

1. Having it too late might disrupt sleep for some people, or at the very least, might lead to having to pee too often in the middle of the night. But the important thing is to spread shakes as evenly as possible throughout the day.

Any more Q’s, feel free to post them in the Ask Chris thread as I’ll be sure to see them there.

Thanks gymgrrl11 & Chris.

The second half of Day 2 for me was a bit more of a struggle. I was SO full yesterday that I wasn’t able to even have my bedtime shake. I know that it’s probably important to have all of them, and get the nutrition/calories through all of the daily shakes, but it was a choice to either drink it and puke, or not drink it at all.

I bought some of the sugar-free Fiber Choice pills today to help w/ my……fullness situation. I’m hoping i can rectify it quickly!

Sorry if this is way TMI!! It’s therapeutic to even just type it!

1 Week down…here are the new vitals:

4/27/2009	5/2/2009	

Height 5’ 10" 5’ 10" Delta
Weight 216.0 207.6 8.4
Neck 16 15 3/4 0.3
Shoulders 50.5 50 0.5
Chest - Upper 44 43 1.0
Chest - Lower 43.5 42.75 0.8
Waist - at Navel 44 41 3.0
Waist - at largest 44.5 43 1.5
Beltline 40.5 39.25 1.3
Upper Arm - L 16.5 16 0.5
Upper Arm - R 16.25 16.25 0.0
Upper Leg - L 28.5 26.75 1.8
Upper Leg - R 28.5 27 1.5
Lower Leg - L 16 15 1.0
Lower Leg - R 16 15.5 0.5
Ankle - L 10.5 10.5 0.0
Ankle - R 10.5 10.5 0.0

So overall, 8.4 lbs lost and 13.5 inches across the measurement points.

Struggled through days 4 & 5…developed this really weird disdain for the milkshakes…the thought of them made me want to puke. Amyways, pushed through that phase, and hopefully am out of the woods there.

Haven’t been posting on the message board much as I’m doing the V-Diet w/ a co-worker and have a couple of V-Diet alums that are working as a little support group. I didn’t think I would need a “support group” when first starting the diet program, but have found it to be extremely helpful.

Hope the keep the results through week 2.

good job- it’s great you have the support system around you

Day 8 of the V-Diet…and probably my best yet. After playing mad scientist for the past few days, I think i’ve finally figured out the best mixture for me in terms of working through all the shakes.

When I started a week ago, I was struggling with the sheer amount of liquid volume I was injesting…and as I result, I started going lighter on the water in each shake. But I grew to really dislike the consistency of these heavier shakes.

Now that I’m more used to the liquid, I’ve realized the shakes go down best for me with more water…so that they are much thinner. Making this change the last couple of days has really helped me.

I ran into several people at work today that hadn’t seen me in a couple of weeks. Not kidding, every single one commented about me losing weight.

I played it off…but couldn’t help by smile inside. It’s the little things sometimes. :slight_smile:

Midday Day 10. Another day in the books and sticking to the plan seems to be getting easier. My thinner milkshakes w/ 1.5x the water are really helping w/ the earlier problem I had drinking the shakes.

Clothes are getting looser…looking forward to weigh-in/measurements over the weekend.

12 days in the books…still going strong! Looking forward to my HSM this weekend. Trying to decide whether to have it tomorrow, or delay it until Sunday.

This week was about a million times easier than last week. I think my only challenge is going to be the monotony of the shakes next week. Week 3 will be my grind…make it to week 4, smooth sailing.

I continue to see positive improvements with my body…I’ll report out my new numbers after weigh in this weekend.

2 weeks down. Here is my new data:

Height 5’ 10"
Weight 204.6 (-12 lbs)
Neck 15.75 (-.25)
Shoulders 48.5 (-2)
Chest - Upper 42.75 (-1.25)
Chest - Lower 42.5 (-1)
Waist - at Navel 40.5 (-3.5)
Waist - at largest 42.5 (-2)
Beltline 38.5 (-2)
Upper Arm - L 16 (-.5)
Upper Arm - R 16 (-.25)
Upper Leg - L 26.5 (-2)
Upper Leg - R 26 (-2.5)
Lower Leg - L 15.5 (-.5)
Lower Leg - R 15.5 (-.5)
Ankle - L 10.5 (same)
Ankle - R 10.5 (same)

Overall, -12 lbs and 18" across the measurement points. I feel a lot better, and might even look it also. However, to be honest, I was dissappointed in my weight loss in week 2. I “felt” like I had lost more weight than that…but I guess not, or maybe it was fat loss and muscle gain?