Biotest

Vitamin C Taken with ZMA?

Can I take vitamin c and ZMA together before I sleep or do they conflict to each other?

That should be no problem with <a href="http://www.t-nation.com/store/products/zma"target=“new”>ZMA.

Question. Why would you think they would conflict with each other?

I’m asking because I take Vc Ve Zma and mineral support and never thought about them conflicting.

…And now I’m worried.

They don’t conflict, assuming regular Vitamin C (ascorbic acid) was meant.

I can’t speak for the OP but asking a question when not having the answer is always reasonable; he need not have had a specific reason to expect a problem.

If calcium ascorbate was used there could be a very small effect on magnesium absorption, but as personal opinion, really as a theoretical or worried-about-the-last-percentage-point concern rather than as a practical issue having major effect. The reason for it being of not much importance with calcium ascorbate and ZMA is that while magnesium absorption can be slightly less in the presence of calcium, the effect hardly prevents magnesium absorption and further the amount of calcium in calcium ascorbate is relatively small (only about 10% of the weight.)

The ascorbate or ascorbic acid part of Vitamin C won’t conflict in any way.

I was just asking why because I didn’t know if he had read or heard it somewhere…You never know these days what new information is floating around that you haven’t learned yet.

So I just take a reg Vc from gnc it has citrus bioflavonoids included in it. (I basically take that and Ve from blood flow reasons) then Zma and mineral support for zinc deficiency.

That shouldn’t have any effect on absorption, would it?

That will be fine! :slight_smile:

im a skinny fat, fats only on my belly, some say take vit c 1 gram 3 times a day to reduce my cortisol level, they said my cortisol was to high, my question now is should i also do cardio even if im skinny

[quote]cigano_23 wrote:
im a skinny fat, fats only on my belly, some say take vit c 1 gram 3 times a day to reduce my cortisol level, they said my cortisol was to high, my question now is should i also do cardio even if im skinny[/quote]

Who says you must do cardio?

The problem, rather than the over-used excuse of “cortisol” (why, by the way, is essential for life), is likely your diet or your training method.

like i said im skinny fat, IM an ECTOMORPH with fats only on my belly, how can u say its on the diet if the fats is only on my belly