Biotest

Vitamin C Pills With V-Diet?

Hey guys,

I picked up a cold a few days ago. I usually just take vitamin C twice daily, drink lots of water and get some sleep but I don’t know if the vitamin c will have added sugar and carbohydrates.

If it comes down to it, I’ll stay sick. I’m not starting this diet over again haha. But it’d be nice to know what I can and can not do to remedy a cold on the V-Diet. What do yall suggest? It’s just a mild (annoying) cough and increased drowsiness.

[quote]Brick Top wrote:
Hey guys,

I picked up a cold a few days ago. I usually just take vitamin C twice daily, drink lots of water and get some sleep but I don’t know if the vitamin c will have added sugar and carbohydrates.

If it comes down to it, I’ll stay sick. I’m not starting this diet over again haha. But it’d be nice to know what I can and can not do to remedy a cold on the V-Diet. What do yall suggest? It’s just a mild (annoying) cough and increased drowsiness.[/quote]

I think any carbs in a couple c-vitamin pills arew negligble. If they help you, take them. It may atleast blunt some cortisol if nothing else :slight_smile:

Carbs in vitamin C? Are you sure it is vitamin C you are taking. I thought vitamin C was just ascorbic acid…

[quote]ceeej wrote:
Carbs in vitamin C? Are you sure it is vitamin C you are taking. I thought vitamin C was just ascorbic acid…[/quote]

Agreed. I checked my Vit-C tabs and they have no caloric value.

I just figured since they have a sweet citrus taste (non-chewable) when I put them in my mouth they might be loaded with sugar like oranges. Great to hear they’re not.

Thanks guys!