Biotest

Viedro's V-Diet Log

Long time lurker here, coming out of the woodwork to start this diet right. A buddy of mine and lifting partner introduced me to the plan a while ago, but I am finally committing to it now. I have been gaining weight (a good amount of muscle, but some fat as well) over the past few years and my diet has seen both ends of the spectrum, so the meal stability and potential taste changes will be welcome. All of you are a huge inspiration and I look forward to working through this!

Side Day 1

Back Day 1

Sorry about the huge pictures, let’s see if this will help at all (Pictures from Day 1).

As I begin the log, I am actually finishing Day 2. Also, I will be using the updated V-Diet (3.5 I think) that includes a HSM once every day. I am not too sure about the daily HSM, but I am going to try to follow the new plan to a T. Measurements will follow shortly.

Day 1:
Everything went well without any problems. All of my shakes and supps were on the money.

NEPA: 4.2 mi at 3.7 mph for 1 hr 25 mins.

HSM: Moroccan Baked Chicken with Cauliflower Rice and Spinach Salad

Day 2:
Shakes and supps on time. Noticed quite a bit of abnormal bloating, and i’m wondering if it is the Metabolic Drive or the Leucine? Either way it was pretty uncomfortable. Other than the bloat, it was a pretty good day.

Workout:
Front Squat - 100x 5,5,5,5 (Need to go up in weight)
DB Flat Bench - 45x 6, 55x6, 60x8 (need to find my weight with DB’s)
Reverse Chin Ups - BWx 5,5,5,5 (Having difficulty with normal Chin ups; poor development I think)
Ab Rollout - BWx 5,5,5,5 (Absolutely killer. It’s been a long time, ab wheel, and we’re not friends)

NEPA: 4.16 mi at 3 mph (slow, I know. Will be better about watching my pace tomorrow) for 1 hr 24 mins

HSM: A pretty awesome Sushi Roll and a small portion of Teriyaki Beef (very light on the sauce) with grilled vegetables and a small amount of rice.

Sorry about the huge pictures, let’s see if this will help at all (Pictures from Day 1).

As I begin the log, I am actually finishing Day 2. Also, I will be using the updated V-Diet (3.5 I think) that includes a HSM once every day. I am not too sure about the daily HSM, but I am going to try to follow the new plan to a T. Measurements will follow shortly.

Day 1:
Everything went well without any problems. All of my shakes and supps were on the money.

NEPA: 4.2 mi at 3.7 mph for 1 hr 25 mins.

HSM: Moroccan Baked Chicken with Cauliflower Rice and Spinach Salad

Day 2:
Shakes and supps on time. Noticed quite a bit of abnormal bloating, and i’m wondering if it is the Metabolic Drive or the Leucine? Either way it was pretty uncomfortable. Other than the bloat, it was a pretty good day.

Workout:
Front Squat - 100x 5,5,5,5 (Need to go up in weight)
DB Flat Bench - 45x 6, 55x6, 60x8 (need to find my weight with DB’s)
Reverse Chin Ups - BWx 5,5,5,5 (Having difficulty with normal Chin ups; poor development I think)
Ab Rollout - BWx 5,5,5,5 (Absolutely killer. It’s been a long time, ab wheel, and we’re not friends)

NEPA: 4.16 mi at 3 mph (slow, I know. Will be better about watching my pace tomorrow) for 1 hr 24 mins

HSM: A pretty awesome Sushi Roll and a small portion of Teriyaki Beef (very light on the sauce) with grilled vegetables and a small amount of rice.

Day 3:
Everything seemed to go well yesterday. I had a bit of a late start and completely forgot about my morning shake, but I was able to tag it on at the end of the day and still meet the curriculum. On the bright side though, the hunger pains are pretty much gone. The shakes are also getting easier to drink and the bloating is dying down. I think it was just my body adjusting to the new regimen. Energy levels are consistent all day and I don’t seem to lag until late in the evening, which is perfect.

NEPA: 2 mi at 4 mph for 32 mins

HSM: Baked fish filet with a half cup of Italian Green Beans and a half cup of pasta (Will be buying potatoes and rice this afternoon. My starch options are limited at the moment)

Also, here are my starting measurements, taken on day 2:
Neck - 15.5 in
Shoulders - 48.5 in
Chest - 43 in
Waist above navel - 38.5 in
Waist at navel - 40.75 in
Waist below navel - 39 in
Hips - 43 in
Upper arm L - 14.25 in
Upper arm R - 14.25 in
Upper leg L - 26.5 in
Upper leg R - 26.75 in
Calf L - 15 in
Calf R - 15 in

So I tried to post earlier today, but it seems like the post was lost somehow. 

Anyway, I have realized that posting everyday may have been a bit too ambitious, so I am committing to posting at least every other day.

Days 4-6 went well. All of my shakes and supplements were on time, my NEPA consisted of 2 mi at 4 mph for 30-36 mins. My workout days were Tuesday (Day 2), Thursday (Day 4), and Saturday (Day 6). All of them went well and were not overly challenging, I will probably be upping weight again this week. My HSM for all three days was grilled chicken, rice, and steamed vegetables (bland, but it worked for me). My V-burn challenge was tonight (Day 8), and I will write about that below.

Day 7 was a bit of a hiccup. I had two shakes and two solid meals, and the two solid meals were bad. One meal was beef and bean nachos and the other was home made meatball pizza. Also, I did not perform NEPA at all. As a result, two things happened: I was physically sick and pissed off. he food did not sit well with me at all (my punishment for breaking the diet) and I was sick late into the night. I was also pissed off at my weak willpower and willingness to roll over. I woke up this morning determined to follow the diet religiously and not deviate for anything. No more excuses and no more bullshit. I won't fail again.

Day 8 was very good. I had all of my shakes and supplements, and my HSM was orange chicken (very lightly sauced), noodles, and steamed carrots. NEPA was 2 mi at 4 mph for 38 min. The V-burn challenge was exactly that: a challenge. I was aiming for five circuits but was only able to finish four, and those four took me 47:45. I stopped the challenge early because I was unable to stand and had no energy left in me. It actually took me a while to have the strength to leave the gym. My goal for next week is not only to improve time, but also to complete the full five circuits.

My weigh in and new measurements will be up on Wednesday, I look forward to it!