Biotest

Velocity Diet Support Group :: Round II

Good plan guilo, I was thinking of something similar and you saved me the trouble! :wink:

I’ll be interested to know how a second pass through works for you, since Shugs is already on record saying he didn’t know as it was a good idea.
I’d been thinking of ignoring his advice, but figured he’s the guy with the answers :slight_smile: so he should know.

I would be curious to see how replacing Grow! in fluid form w/Grow! Bars would work. I’ve done this type of diet before and found that more than food I miss the act of chewing. This problem is solved by not crushing the ice completely I know. I was just thinking about starting on V.D. when my next order arrives on Mon or Tues.

[quote]911 Girl wrote:
I would be curious to see how replacing Grow! in fluid form w/Grow! Bars would work. I’ve done this type of diet before and found that more than food I miss the act of chewing. This problem is solved by not crushing the ice completely I know. I was just thinking about starting on V.D. when my next order arrives on Mon or Tues. [/quote]

I don’t think you could replace Grow! protein powder with Grow! bars because one Grow! bar has 22g of carbs. Thats almost 1/2 of your carbs in one bar, for the day (depending on your weight)if you were on the Velocity Diet.

I’m actually planning on having one of my shakes be replaced by a Grow! Bar daily. I figure I’ve done the pure streach and my carbs will still be less than 100g a day. So we’ll see how it goes.

Strawberry will be a nice change of pace too.

Come on Fed-Ex!!!

I’ll be starting a week from tomorrow. This is finals week, so I’d rather not risk any mental grogginess.

Okay as of today down about 5-6 pounds and it’s been a week. Body fat 13%. I wish I had purchased my own calipers for this. I’ll try to get the same guy at the gym to test me again, it’s free.

Hunger is under control. Decreased HOT-ROX dose as I was a little sensitive to it. Took me 3 days to go to sleep normally.

I want to get back to bulking asap. How quickly are people increasing their cals after this diet?

I had forgotten how awkward the first couple of days on VD were. I had to have an apple and a few nuts just to get myself thru it.

I’m hoping that when my Grow! bars come in (I was dismaid at their lack of showing up today) it will be a little easier to swallow this thing.

But hey, I’m still under my caloric limit for the day right? That’s something.

I guess I’ll start posting over here.

WEEK 5 RESULTS

4 more lbs: total 26 lbs. lost
.5 inches: total 5.25 in. lost around waist

Well four pounds a week seems pretty standard now. Man, I’m starting to get hungry. Still no solid meals what so ever.

Took Alpha Male all last week, I wonder if that makes you hungrier. Anyway, one more week for me maybe I can get another 4 lbs. or so. I think it is all fat being lost, can’t really see any strength losses so I think I’m doing okay on LBM preservation.

Motivation is high?

That’s really great. Are you going to be where you want to be when its all over or are you using this a jumpstart on a longer T-Dawg or somesuch plan?

[quote]sam747 wrote:
I guess I’ll start posting over here.

WEEK 5 RESULTS

4 more lbs: total 26 lbs. lost
.5 inches: total 5.25 in. lost around waist

Well four pounds a week seems pretty standard now. Man, I’m starting to get hungry. Still no solid meals what so ever.

Took Alpha Male all last week, I wonder if that makes you hungrier. Anyway, one more week for me maybe I can get another 4 lbs. or so. I think it is all fat being lost, can’t really see any strength losses so I think I’m doing okay on LBM preservation.

Motivation is high?[/quote]

http://images.t-nation.com/forum_images/./1/.1115135904120.new_Grow_stuff.gif

Thanks for starting this and providing the links. Vroom’s first support group thread is invaluable, but getting tough to navigate.

Grow! bars: I wouldn’t do a “Grow! Bar V-Diet” but adding in one per day should be fine.

Yes, they have more carbs than Low-Carb Grow! but a couple of them are fiber derived so the bars aren’t high carb, just moderate. One a day with appropriate changes in other meals should be fine. Training day might be best for a “bar day.” Would be very handy for emergencies too. Remember, I had a couple of Grow! bars (prototypes at the time) during my Velocity Diet and still did fine.

My only slight worry is that some people thrive on the strictness and well, lack of chewing! I hope that yummy Grow! bar won’t make them want other solid foods which may not be healthy or as easy to control when it comes to caloric intake.

But on the opposite end of that, many who have a tough time with the V-Diet may thrive on a Grow! bar per day because it gives them a little break and something to chew on. So, do what works best for you.

And yes, strawberry Grow! is really going to help this diet!

http://images.t-nation.com/forum_images/./1/.1115136469480.Carbolin_19.gif

Let me use this new thread to address the most common question I’m getting these days about the V-Diet:

“Should I use the new Carbolin 19 or HOT-ROX for the Velocity Diet?”

Answer: HOT-ROX during, and if you want to try Carbolin 19, take it when coming off the diet and transitioning. This is what I did and yep, I have not added any fat back and am gaining some new muscle.

Carbolin 19 looks promising and I like what I’m seeing so far, but when you’re on the V-Diet, <a href="http://www.t-nation.com/readTopic.do?id=515642"target=“new”>Maximum Strength HOT-ROX accomplishes more of what you’re looking for given the goal of rapid fat loss, muscle retention and craving reduction.

I’ve started the famous V-Diet this week. I’m on my second day. Still waiting for my supps to get here but in the meantime I’ve got some stuff that will do. I was down 2 lbs. this morning from yesterday. I’m getting about 46g of protein per shake and I’m drinking 5 shakes a day. I’m weighing around 210. So… I’m getting a little more than 1 g of protein per lb of bodyweight. The protein shakes that I’m drinking right now don’t taste that great so I’m struggling a little at this point but I’ve got my Low Carb Grow! ordered and my HOT-ROX should be on their way too. Got my milled Flaxseed already and my Salmon caps. So… we’ll see how this thing goes.

Does anyone have any suggestion on whether or not to drink diet sodas while on this plan? Will I be sabotaging myself if I do?

[quote]Guilo wrote:
That’s really great. Are you going to be where you want to be when its all over or are you using this a jumpstart on a longer T-Dawg or somesuch plan?
[/quote]

Hmmmm? That is a good question. Where do I want to be at? I guess like 10-12% body fat. I’m pretty sure a thirty pound loss isn’t going to put me there so I’ll probably go to a T-Dawg or Don’t Diet plan.

I’ll probably be around 15%, I guess. My LBM may not be as much as I thought. Thought it was about 197 lbs, but may be a little less. So, either I suck w/ calipers or I’m losing some LBM, which I don’t think is the case and my Tanita scale is for shit. At least the bf % numbers are going down but they vary by as much as 5% on the scale.

Maybe I’ll just keep going until I see some good ab definition.

Some guy said he stayed on 100 days and lost 40 lbs. I’m getting pretty sick of this and I’ll be doing 42 days. 100 days sounds insane to me and not healthy. There got to be a law of diminishing returns here.

I’m glad this was started…

I started the v-diet 5-2 monday

I have two questions.

1- What are rack pull please explain
this excersise?

2- I workout on my lunch hour at work and only have one hour to train. but walking to and from the gym and taking a shower the leaves me with maybe 40 min give or take. How can I modify the workout that Chris suggested on the first article…

Please help…

Due to being forced to move & eat others people cooked foods I went from V diet to eating things that I normally wouldnt eat ever again(white rice, stovetop stuffing, over salted meats, sugared items)just crappy food. It tastes horrible. I try to make the best decisions possible when eating however.

I lost 16lbs on the V Diet with 1 meal day option which ended afew days early. I gained 2-3lbs back right away(expected gain of water & such) but my weight hasnt changed since.

Interestinly enough I lost another inch off my waisnt though and am now a size 12.

Due to lack of being able to choose what goes into grocery shopping I was thinking of doing the V Diet again, since now (1 month after moving out) I know there is minimal risk of me gaining a good majority back when I’m done. I have a feeling if I drop sizes the way I did last time I will (finally) reach my overall “goal” which was to get below double digit sizes.

Lauren

[quote]t-dude wrote:

I have two questions.

this excersise?

2- I workout on my lunch hour at work and only have one hour to train. but walking to and from the gym and taking a shower the leaves me with maybe 40 min give or take. How can I modify the workout that Chris suggested on the first article…

Please help…

[/quote]

Rack pulls = half dead lift

http://www.t-nation.com/readTopic.do?id=543483

Also, you don’t have to do Shug’s workout. Anything w/ low volume-high intensity should work. Or you could split Shug’s lower body exercises and upper body exercises up and work out 4 days a week.

[quote]sam747 wrote:
t-dude wrote:

I have two questions.

this excersise?

Please help…

Rack pulls = half dead lift

http://www.t-nation.com/readTopic.do?id=543483

Also, you don’t have to do Shug’s workout. Anything w/ low volume-high intensity should work. Or you could split Shug’s lower body exercises and upper body exercises up and work out 4 days a week. [/quote]

Thanks for the link, that helps
Now can any one give me an example of this.
I was thinking of doing 8 sets of 4 or maybe 7 set of 4 . what do you think,
I want to keep it at 3 lifting days a week and 3 cardio day with sunday off.
But still doing 7 days of morning cardio.

[quote]
Thanks for the link, that helps
Now can any one give me an example of this.
I was thinking of doing 8 sets of 4 or maybe 7 set of 4 . what do you think,
I want to keep it at 3 lifting days a week and 3 cardio day with sunday off.
But still doing 7 days of morning cardio.[/quote]

I don’t think you need that much cardio. If you walk every morning or whatever you should be fine. I’d personally be hesitant to cut the workouts short on a 3 day a week plan, vol. would get to low.

I’ve been doing this:

Mon. Upper
Tues. Lower/abs
Wed. Off
Thur. Upper
Fri Lower/abs

just get 24-30 reps total per exercise and then switch the reps and set numbers the next time. So 3x8 then 8x3 or 4x6/6x4 or 5x5 or 3x10/10x3.

I think if you did like 4 antagonist exercises each day at 6x4 and 4X6 you’d be outta there in less than 45 min.

Sweet Victory.

Every couple of weeks I get a package in the mail from Biotest, its like my own personal Christmas digging thru that box of peanuts looking for my presents.

Todays present Grow! Bars, Strawberry Grow!, ZMA, and Surge.

I just had my firt Grow! Bar… Freaken Sweet, it tastes like the Little Debbie Swiss Rolls I used to gourge myself on in yesteryear. I can’t wait to try some of the Strawberry Grow! too.

Thank You Biotest for good, tasty, products.