Biotest

Velocity Diet Start Declaration

Hi Everyone,
Some background. I have always had a problem with emotional overeating. I used to be 180 pounds, and lean. I played rugby in high school in the uk. Then, came university, and letting myself slip over a course of, oh, probably 8 years.

I’ve been lifting for around 5 years (I’m now 31)–seriously for about a year and a half. After billowing up to close to 300 lb and looking utterly disgusting, I have now managed to get myself down to 220lb. I have been stuck around 220-225 for about 6 months now.

As of Monday 28th May, I am going to start the velocity diet. Shurgart’s articles, as well as CT’s transformation have inspired me. I will be following the velocity diet for 4 weeks as prescribed.

My supplements will be: HRX, Flameout, TRIBEX Gold, ZMA and BCAAs–I use a combination of Biotest’s capsules and MRM’s BCAA+G, because I like to drink them throughout the day. I will also be taking milled flax daily, to keep up the fiber intake. Just for everyone’s interest, I consider myself a supplement minimalist, but if anyone has any further suggestions, please feel free. Metabolic Drive is a given!

My training will consist of German Volume training:

Mondays: Chest & Back.
Weds: Legs,
Fridays: Shoulders and arms.

I also work out at a boxing gym 3 days a week (Tues, Thurs, Sat), doing a combination of rope jumping, ring work, and heavy/light bag work.

Although I am still extremely embarassed about my physique at the moment, I have decided to post here, because I want accountability. The pictures attached were taken about 3 weeks ago.

My goal, plain and simple, is to shed fat. I want to be able to see my abs. I welcome critiques, tips and any kind of advice/encouragement anyone has to offer.

I will try to post new pictures at 2 week intervals.

Thanks.
Fabian

[quote]fabsadami wrote:

My training will consist of German Volume training:

Mondays: Chest & Back.
Weds: Legs,
Fridays: Shoulders and arms.

I also work out at a boxing gym 3 days a week (Tues, Thurs, Sat), doing a combination of rope jumping, ring work, and heavy/light bag work.

Thanks.
Fabian[/quote]

Fabian,

I don’t know if GVT would be recommended for the velocity diet. I did GVT many years go and remember it was almost like a shock therapy to stimulate growth (10 sets of 10 I believe).

Anyway, I don’t think that program would beneficial on the velocity diet.

Secondly the diet recommends Non-Excercise Physical Activity in place of cardio. If you perform GVT + the cardio above you run the risk of 1. losing a lot of muscle, which in turn would slow down your metabolism and 2. not finishing the diet.

I am on day 5 of the 28 day plan and I am by no mean an expert, but I would read Gustavo’s log (http://www.T-Nation.com/readPhysClin.do?id=1852678) from day The coaches give great insights, and offer both physical and psychological advice.

Good luck though! I hope that you figure everything out and find the mental clarity to carry on for the whole duration. You can follow my progress as well:

http://www.T-Nation.com/tmagnum/jumpLast.do?id=2107834

May be both, one day, have abs

Thanks for this. I wasn’t sure GVT or the boxing were the right thing! I will look into Gustavo’s program, and will drop the boxing for the next month!

Cheers & good luck to you!

Yes I have to agree, ditch the GVT and extra cardio. Make your weight training consist of heavy compound movements and keep the reps low (3-5).

Other than that you should be fine. Now go on and impress everyone!

-dizzle

Thanks for chipping in Dizzle. I will post upated pics in a few weeks.

Good luck man. I echo the others- ditch any/all cardio and just do the NEPA as suggested. You’ll thank yourself in the end.

Just a brief progress report and question. I have lost about 10lb since starting this diet. I will be posting new pics in about 10 days (haven’t taken them yet).

My question is this: I have a bottle of the 4-AD-EC (final version) in my freezer. I’m going to start it tomorrow am. Will Rez-V be sufficient to use with it, or should i go with something stronger. Thanks