Biotest

Velocity Diet Log (Start Date: April 27th)

Next Monday (4/27) I will be beginning the Velocity Diet 3.0 version. I have done the previous versions of the diet as well as the original “Fat Fast” program in the past and am excited at the progress that I think this version will bring. I am also extremely grateful that the diet is becoming increasingly user-friendly in terms of just having basically everything handed to you with the only real responsibility on the dieter being to actually follow the plan.

The reason I am doing the program is as part of a contest me and some college buddies began last year. We basically have a yearly camping reunion and we take before shots in about February and see who can make the most progress in terms of body composition change from that time till we meet the last weekend of July. This year I started a little later due to a popped AC joint and a strained chest muscle which pretty much prohibited me from doing a lot of the normal style of training I do (most of the work I do is based on Renegade Training workout programs/exercise choices).

I finally felt healthy about 3 weeks ago so I had a friend of mine draft a program that would take me up to the start of the V-Diet. The program basically consisted of workouts that were similar to Don Allesi’s first meltdown article and a diet that basically revolved around high protein meals with carbs coming only during peri-workout times. I performed the lifting workouts every other day and on the between days performed Energy System sprint circuits and some continued rehab and ab work. I am about to start my last week of that program but so far have dropped from 232.4 to 221 in 3 weeks with a macronutrient balance average of about 2300 calories, 260 protein grams, 85 carb grams, and 100 fat grams.

Before I start next Monday I will post the before and after shots of that program and my measurements. I will also post my before and after shots and measurements from last year’s contest. I was really happy with my results last year. I started at about 230.8 and finished at 214 lbs and cut about 5% bodyfat down to about 10-11% and most importantly the visual changes were about what I wanted. The only problem I have with the results is that I have gotten down to about 215 a million times in the past 4 years but as summer ends I always inch back up to 230 before going back down again.

This time around I don’t want to become complacent at 215 and want to completely get rid of the remaining final layer of fat from my college football/track career where I played between 260-280 (graduated 2003). My ultimate goal would be to get down to really get comfortably in the single digits in body fat and let the scale weight fall where it is from there.

I will post what I said I would this week but I wanted to introduce myself. I am ready to get rolling.

Welcome aboard!

Chris,

One question about the training program. I really like to back squat. If I could do no other lifts ever I would be content doing it all workout long. Is it possible to do this instead of front squat or overhead squat…I have done both of those previously but just wondering if that would make a huge difference in the program. If so I will just wait to resume during the transition phase.

Thanks

[quote]UDSiev91 wrote:
Chris,

One question about the training program. I really like to back squat. If I could do no other lifts ever I would be content doing it all workout long. Is it possible to do this instead of front squat or overhead squat…I have done both of those previously but just wondering if that would make a huge difference in the program. If so I will just wait to resume during the transition phase.

Thanks[/quote]

If you really really really love the back squat… then do the front squat.

I think that sometimes we do what we really love rather than what would be best for our bodies. And even though both are good movements, the CHANGE and challenge of switching to the least-incorporated one might lead to some new progress for you.

sounds like a plan…thanks chris

Got all of my supplements in this week. Everything is “baggied up” and ready to go for the next 4 weeks. Will be starting Monday. It is weird that I look forward to this kind of thing but I am sure most of us do.

Although I’m sure we would all rather be to the point of HSMs for the majority of our meals their really is something really gratifying about having people question, complain, and not believe in what you are doing on the V-Diet.

It’s like Chris says in his articles…u are doing something they want to do but can’t and the only way they can get that point across is by trying to get you to fail where they have so many times.

Will be taking and posting pics, measurements, etc by Monday AM.

Started the V-Diet yesterday…took my pics and all and will post those later but here are my starting numbers (4/27)

HT: 6’0
WT: 219.8
Neck: 15.5
Shoulders: 51
Chest Upper: 45
Chest Lower: 43
Waist Navel: 36.25
Waist Largest: 36.75
Hips: 39
Upper Arm (R and L): 14.5
Upper Leg (R and L): 25.75
Lower Leg (R and L): 16.25
Ankle (R and L): 10.5

As I mentioned before I did a separate program to prime me for this which I finished last Friday. I ended up losing about 10 lbs on that program which was similar to what a normal post V-Diet nutritional plan would be along with a lactic acid style training program.

The diet is going ok 1.5 days in…I have done the other versions so I know what to expect…i usually feel great from about Day 3 to Day 25 because for the first 3 days I get pretty hungry in the middle of the day and when I wake up and the last 3 days I am thinking about eating a meal a day then 2 a day…haha

My first lift yesterday was as follows:

BO BB Row: 225 (7,6,5,2)
Overhead Squat: 135 (9,8,3)
DB Skulls: 45 DBs (5,4,4,3,2,2)
Ab Wheel Rollout (7,7,6)

Going to have to increase the weight for a couple so I am more in line with the load guidelines…

Chris- I am not sure what to do about dips…I had a strained chest muscle and a popped AC joint. It is feeling better when I bench now and can do closed grip fine but I can’t perform the dip motion without it being really uncomfortable…and not in a good pain way…i subbed DB skulls yesterday but is there anything else you would rec?

Thanks

Also did my NEPA walks…35 minute NEPA walk yesterday and a 45 minute NEPA walk earlier this morning

http://images.t-nation.com/forum_images/f/a/fa1ef-IMG_1012.jpg

Front

http://images.t-nation.com/forum_images/f/f/ff717-IMG_1013.jpg

Side

http://images.t-nation.com/forum_images/b/d/bd8c8-IMG_1016.jpg

Back

the pic quality didn’t really transfer too well…any tips?

http://images.t-nation.com/forum_images/f/9/f9700-IMG_1017.jpg

Front Flexed

http://images.t-nation.com/forum_images/1/2/12ae9-IMG_1018.jpg

Side Flexed…who has two thumbs and no biceps? this guy haha

http://images.t-nation.com/forum_images/b/1/b1c84-IMG_1022.jpg

Back Flexed

Day 3…just finished second workout and NEPA walk

Pull-Ups (bodyweight) 7,5,4,4,3,3,3,3,3,3,2
Incline DB Neutral Grip (80) 13,10,7,5,5
RDL (225) 10,10,10,10
BB Curl (95) 12,10,10,8
Hanging Leg Raises 10,10,10,10

Went pretty well…harder then the first workout but not too bad…hope everyone else is doing well and looking forward to there HSM!

NEPA walk was 35 minutes…nice to pop in some country and take a relaxing stroll

most of ur size looks to be on ur lower body,whats ur wrist circumference?

yea…I haven’t been able to do much chest/shoulder/olympic lifting since mid-January when I injured my AC joint. Had to cut out pretty much all press/pull movements till about 2 weeks ago.

I’ll figure out wrist circumfrence when I get home from work. What would this show?

between 6’3/4’’ and 7’’