Biotest

Velocity Diet Journal

Hi all!

So it’s always been my dream to compete in fitness, but I need to get rid of some body fat first, so I ordered my Velocity Diet stuff last week, received it two days ago, and started yesterday! Right now my breakdown looks like this;

Meal one (Breakfast)
Metabolic Drive 1 scoop
Metabolic Drive 1 scoop
flaxseed 2 tbsp
*1-2 HOT-ROX

Meal 2 (Lunch)
Metabolic Drive 1 scoop
Metabolic Drive 1 scoop
*2 Flameout

Meal 3 (mid-afternoon snack)
Metabolic Drive 1 scoop
fiber choice tablet 1 tablet
*1-2 HOT-ROX

Meal 4 (dinner)
Metabolic Drive 1 scoop
Metabolic Drive 1 scoop
*2 Flameout

Meal 5 (night)
Metabolic Drive 1 scoop
flaxseed 2 tbsp
peanut butter 2 tbsp

Total calories: 1226

Yesterday went well, I actually didn’t have enough time after work to fit in two shakes, so I only had one- missing my last meal. I’ll do better tonight. The HOT-ROX is making me super jittery, I took two yesterday morning and after about an hour and a half felt like I was going a bit crazy. I took only one in the afternoon and it seems to be working better. I suppose I have to work up to them.

I thought the only way to keep up with the diet would be to post almost daily- I would love any encouragement! I’m pretty hungry- I’m hoping those cravings will subside as well. The Metabolic Drive shakes are good- but kind of sweet for me. Right now I’m loving the chocolate, and if anyone reading has some great recipes or things I had do during the day to pass a craving, I’d love to hear it!

Please check back on my progress, I’m excited to lose these last 10-20lbs I’ve been wanting to forever! As you can see (pics below) my concentration of fat is around my waist, I’ve always had it there, even at my thinnest (about 20lbs lighter than now) , so I’m hoping this will shred it off! I’ve got a few things coming up (a wedding and my birthday) and a lot of pressure to “go out” (i.e. have a few drinks and a big meal) so any words of the wise to skip it and stay to the diet will REALLY help!

Thanks everyone!

Side Pic

Back

I also just wanted to say that it feels weird putting these photos on the web! I suppose I’ll get used to it, but it’s kind of difficult…

Be nice :slight_smile:

You look great now, no reason to be embarassed. Once the diet is over, I am sure you will be more than happy to post pics :smiley: Best of luck to you. Just follow it to a “T” and you WILL succeed.

You asked for recipes and/or suggestion, not sure if you read around for any or not, but one thing I do for my last shake of the night that has helped a lot is to use my 2 scoops of Metabolic Drive, serving of PB and Flax. Mix very little water to make a paste or pudding to a consistancy of your choice and eat with a spoon. Gives you the satisfaction of eating, takes a bit longer to eat and is very satisfying. Also, as other had mentioned, there are a lot of zero calorie flavoring and syrups out there that help a bunch.

Again, best of luck to you.

Thought I’d give my stats too:

neck - 13"
chest middle - 37.5"
chest lower - 33.5"
Ab’s at belly - 30"
Ab’s 1 in below - 33.5
Hips - 39.5"
R Thigh (mid)- 20.25"
R Calf - 15
weight: 146 (down from 152)

And I weighed myself on the 19th (the day I started the diet) and I was at 152 around noon, I weighed myself this morning (around 6am) and came in at 146. Possible I’ve already lost 6lbs of water weight in 2 1/2 days? I guess so… but seems dramatic!

At least it’s a bit of encouragement to continue with the diet!

I’m getting used to the shakes, and am not really having that much trouble with hunger pangs, as long as I keep myself busy (which I am with two jobs) I don’t seem to think about food too much.

And thanks for the comment on making the shake a bit pudding-like, I can say I miss chewing a bit and have looked forward to my fiber choice tablet a bit too much! And thanks for the comment- I hope posting pics will get easier as the diet progresses.

Also- I have some BCAA’s and haven’t been taking them, would you guys suggest them on the diet? Only on my lifting days or everyday?

Look into chefs_wife’s thread in the here in the V-Diet forum for excellent ideas on mixing flavors of your shakes.

http://www.T-Nation.com/tmagnum/readTopic.do?id=2120174

Shugs talked about adding in BCAAs for more muscled people who are concerned about losing that muscle. I believe he called it “Muscle Insurance.” On that note I wouldn’t be concerned with taking BCAAs if I were you. The diet as is with the Metabolic Drive should be plenty of protein for you.

So day 3… went okay. I was still pretty damn hungry the entire day, and I can’t tell what’s making me nauseous, I thought it was the HOT-ROX, but now I’m thinking it might be the Flameout, is that possible?

I also went another day without lifting, I just didn’t have the energy- I thought I might fall asleep while doing it. Am I doing something wrong? I’m hoping it gets easier. I know on regular fasts (I usually do a cleanse about once a year - spring cleaning time) the 3rd and 4th days are the hardest. I have a wedding this weekend with some good gourmet food, and I have to say- I’m really really looking forward to my solid food.

In other news- I’m definitely seeing results, though I think I’d be seeing more if I lifted today- I just feel like I’m losing, but I’m losing muscle too.

I think I’m missing a shake a day as well. It’s tough for me to fit in three after lunch, and to make a two scooper both in the early morning and at lunch time, so I’m trying to re-evaluate. I think I missed just a scoop of powder today but did the rest. I’m going to have to keep better tabs. Maybe that’s why I’m so hungry?

Looking back at that entry it feels like I’m taking quite the turn to negative town. Sorry!! I’m sure it’ll get better after this :slight_smile:

And thanks BackDay- for the suggestions, I’ll check them out! And will not be worried about BCAAs, I think you’re right, I’m getting enough protein.

Yes it does get easier. Hang in there. I am not sure what your diet was like before starting this, so if it is a drastic calorie reduction and then combine that with not getting all of your shakes in, that is why you are hungry. Just get them shakes in and give your body time to adjust. If you are having trouble with 2 scoop shakes in the AM, have a few 1 scoop shakes, just drink them a little more often.

Hang in there…Good luck.

So I actually ended up throwing up this morning. I took the HOT-ROX around 4:30am (I have to be at work at 5:30) and as soon as I got to work I started dry heaving. I’m not sure, but I’m thinking it was the HOT-ROX? I didn’t have much in my stomach to throw up, mostly liquid (sorry for the details).

My diet was pretty good before this- all pretty clean foods, the week before wasn’t great, mostly because I knew I was going on, so I let myself slide. But overall I’m a pretty clean eater so I’m surprised it’s been such a dramatic change.

I’ll work on getting all the shakes in. Right now it’s 1pm and I’ve only gotten 4 scoops of drive (breakfast and lunch are supposed to be two scoops each), but I feel okay. I’m definitely seeing results though, so I’m excited to measure myself again. I can’t believe it’s only day 4.

I also worked out a bit today- went on my walk, which was nice but I got a bit of a side cramp. I’ve had a kidney stone before, and the doc said to be a bit weary of high protein diets- is this something I should be worried about? I’m thinking it’s just forcing more movement into my kidney because things are flushing out, not that it’s building any calcium deposits. But I’m no expert.

Today’s workout;

kettlebell swings - 16lb, (3 sets, 25 reps)
lunges - 20lb DB (3 x 20)
BOSU jumps - (3 x 20)
Abs - leg lifts, jackknifes
Back - hyper extensions.

That’s about all I could muster. More tomorrow.

Thanks for the support Falco1, looking foward to pushing through, even after today’s trip to the vomitorium…

Have you tried HOT-ROX before? the first time i took them, i took 2 pills about 730am and was vomming at work by 9. I was pretty jittery and shaken up for the rest of the day. I tried again the next day with 1 pill and was still sick to my stomach, but not nearly as bad.

Then I took a week off, tried them again with only 1 pill in the am and ate pretty soon afterwards. I was totally fine and have been fine since then. Every now and again I get a little jittery, but it seems totally random. I can now tolerate 2 in the am and 1 at lunch, but if i take one after 1-2pm I’m up all night.

I’m not sure if you’re taking 1 or 2 HOT-ROX or how soon afterwards you’re eating, but maybe play around with this a while. Hopefully you’ll be able to handle them better soon!

Hadn’t tried HRX before, but I’ve tried another before- it did similar stuff, but never actual throw up- not even much nausea.

I started with 2 in the morning and one in the afternoon on the first day, and it was way too much, so I’ve been taking one in the morning and one in the afternoon. I still took the pill this afternoon and it felt okay (no great). kakattack- I think you’re right about eating right afterward, maybe I’m not drinking my shake soon enough after I take the HRX.

Today went by better than the past few days, even with the vomiting in the am, I was trying on dresses for the upcoming wedding I’m attending this weekend and they’re already looking much better on me than last weekend - I guess that’s what happens when you stop eating solid food! I’m hoping that these last two days were the hardest and it all gets easier from here. I just have to continue to remember my goals!

BUT time for good news- I was leaving work this evening when my last client for the day cancelled (not he good news), I started thinking- what do I do for the rest of the day? Normally my night would revolve around food- I haven’t spent a penny in four days, and now I have free time to spend however I want!

It was beautiful here (New York) I had already taken my NEPA walk (on the treadmill this morning) although I took an extra loop from the subway, just to kill time in the beautiful weather, went home- took a catnap and started cleaning! How productive!

Also- have definitely noticed how much better the shakes are blended than shaken- does anyone know about the water bottle/blender’s? Are they worth investing in?

Lastly- I meant 16kg for the kettlebell swings, not 16lb.

Thanks for the feedback!

[quote]FitBEE wrote:
So I actually ended up throwing up this morning. I took the HOT-ROX around 4:30am (I have to be at work at 5:30) and as soon as I got to work I started dry heaving. I’m not sure, but I’m thinking it was the HOT-ROX? I didn’t have much in my stomach to throw up, mostly liquid (sorry for the details).
[/quote]

Oh god!!! The same exact thing happend to me. I popped 1 HOT-ROX and about 16oz of water around 7am, headed to work and while I’m driving down the highway at 70mph I start to feel nauseous. Then the dry heaving starts. I’m frantically looking around my car for some sort of bag. I look over onto the passenger seat to find a nalgene bottle and my purse.

I actually thought about my purse for a second, then quickly grabbed the nalgene bottle, rolled down my window, emptied the water that was in it, and actually attempted to put my mouth over the opening in case I was to throw up. Thankfully I didnt get sick, but can you imagine what other commuters were thinking when they passed me?! I quickly learned my lesson.

[quote]FitBEE wrote:
Hadn’t tried HRX before, but I’ve tried another before- it did similar stuff, but never actual throw up- not even much nausea.

I started with 2 in the morning and one in the afternoon on the first day, and it was way too much, so I’ve been taking one in the morning and one in the afternoon. I still took the pill this afternoon and it felt okay (no great). kakattack- I think you’re right about eating right afterward, maybe I’m not drinking my shake soon enough after I take the HRX.

[/quote]

kurlie and fitbee- I definitely think eating afterwards helps…a lot. Even if it’s just a few sips of a shake it makes a huge difference for me. I’ve been using the HOT-ROX for a while now and even though i can handle 2 in the am and 1-2 at noon, I still get sick feeling if I dont at least eat a little pretty much immediately after taking one.

I could be wrong but I remember reading somewhere that women tend to feel more nausea while taking it then men.

Anyways, keep up the good work! I’m hoping to start mine june 1, assuming I get my butt in gear and place an order!

Thanks guys! I’m feeling better today than yesterday, even with the HRX. I also tried the Velocity Diet workout and thought it was somewhat easy, which is a good thing- if I’d tried it on day 1 I think it would’ve kicked my (shrinking) booty!

I guess next time I have to up my weight!

Here’s what I did;

5 sets, 4 reps of the following

Lat pull-downs (supinated grip) 72.5lbs
Deadlifts 60lb Barbell (usually I have a heavier deadlift, but pulled my hamstring a while ago and am easing back into it)
Decline Bench Press - which I substituted for cybex scoops (same thing, except standing) because the decline bench was taken over by three men- and they weren’t moving!

2 sets of 30 second side planks (too easy, must go up next time).

Overall a good workout- I also got in a 1m walk on the treadmill between jobs. I’m hoping to go for another NEPA tonight- outside.

In other news- I really dislike the Surge powder, it’s WAY too sweet for me, any suggestions for sprucing it up?? Right now it’s just a close your nose and gulp type of thing. Yeeeeuck.

Kurlie- so glad to hear that other people had trouble with the diet/Hrx (at least initially) it seemed as if every journal I was reading said ‘I’m surprised how well HOT-ROX is working out for me…’ or ‘the diet really isn’t that bad…’ I felt like such a wimp. It’s really nice to know that not everyone is superhuman- at least not YET (after 28 days we’re a step closer).

And kakattack- good luck on June 1st! We’ll be rooting for you- and thanks for the advice :slight_smile:

I also had my 7 caliper body fat tested today. It came out at 21.8%, which is down almost 3% from February. I know I should be happy with this number, but I was really hoping to hit closer to 20%. My goal for the end of the diet is to be under 20. Realistic? I hope so!

Lastly- I need some words of encouragement for this weekend. I have my first solid meal this sunday at a wedding and I want to know (I’m sure this is a stupid question, I just need someone to reiterate) whether or not it would TOTALLY ruin my diet if I had a glass of wine or two at the reception? Help! I’m sure I’m going to end up doing it if I don’t fully commit beforehand.

Thanks!

[quote]FitBEE wrote:

2 sets of 30 second side planks (too easy, must go up next time).

How are you doing them that makes them too easy?! I was shaking after 25 secs!

whether or not it would TOTALLY ruin my diet if I had a glass of wine or two at the reception?

NO ALCHY! You’d probably regret it afterwards anyway!

ENJOY your HSM!!!

[/quote]

thanks for the encouragement- I’m sure you’re right. I’d have the glass (or two) of wine, and end up totally regretting it the next day!

So, I had a bit of a rough morning. It involved many things (leaving my wallet at home, getting charged twice for a cab ride, missing my first client because of it, the ATM machine not reading my card…), but it was one of those ‘anything that can go wrong…’ mornings. I’m at a breaking point. I know that food won’t make me feel better- but the diets been really affecting my mood. Do other people feel this?

My boyfriend (the love of my life) came over last night and I just couldn’t get in a good mood. He is wonderful and was trying to be supportive, but normally I’m quite a jokester, with quite a sarcastic wit, and last night… moody and uncooperative. It was disturbing. I got to thinking- is my quality of life affected so much? Is losing this last 10lbs worth it? And after this morning- normally I’d brush things off (I have the laid-back attitude most Alaskans do) and I just can’t shake the absolute hatred I feel for the world today (New York sometimes makes you feel like this).

I stepped on the scale today and have lost 6lbs so far. So I guess that’s some positive reinforcement. And I wore my jeans from two years ago (my favorite jeans) last night. I’m trying to be positive… I keep trying to use the attitude “I’ll quit tomorrow” (i.e. one more day… just get through one more day) but then my mind wanders to thinking maybe I should just start with the transition phase. I think one solid meal a day would really do me good.

I know these forums aren’t self-help forums, but I feel like I’m about to break and cheat. Help!

HANG IN THERE GIRL!!! You’re a week into it already!! Just look at the progress you’ve already made!! You are wearing jeans that you havent worn in 2 years!!! Thats AWESOME!Imagine how great you’re going to look AND feel in only 3 weeks!
Just remember what you’re here for and why you’re doing this:

[quote]FitBEE wrote:
So it’s always been my dream to compete in fitness, but I need to get rid of some body fat first,

Please check back on my progress, I’m excited to lose these last 10-20lbs I’ve been wanting to forever! [/quote]

Keep your chin up. Don’t let one bad day get you down. I felt the same way for the first 4 days…I was on edge. A lot. But it was like a snap of a finger and on Day 5 I felt better, energetic and ready to conquer anything! I’m pullin for you sweetie! Just think a couple more shakes to go then you get your HSM!!!

Thanks Kurlie!! So I have a confession, last night I came home and made myself some food. My boyfriend (bless his heart) and I hung out all night, and when he had to go to work (he works nights, 11pm-7am) I came home and was starving. I had brown rice, some eggs and turkey bacon. It was what he ate for dinner and it looked so delicious I couldn’t handle not eating it.

The most bizarre thing is the difference in the way I felt both afterward and this morning. I’m not sure what it is about the shakes, but they make me feel sick, and eating real food made me feel so energized it was like I could run a marathon and not get tired.

Then this morning, all I wanted to do was run outside and exercise. The past 7 days all I’ve wanted to do was crawl inside a hole and… fall asleep. And I DREADED my first shake of the day. I have to plug my nose and gulp them down. Then it’s sickness for a few hours, and constant dream of broccoli. Yup, broccoli.

Now I’m in for a dilemma. Clearly real food makes me feel so much better, but will it hinder my quest for a better bod? Not sure. I’m thinking maybe alternating one real meal day with one full day of the v-diet for the next 20 days. And I have that wedding tonight, do I use my HSM as last nights meal or as tonights? Again, not sure.

I’ve got one of my best friends wedding’s in Arizona (where I went to college) on the 28th of June and was really hoping to shed about 5-10 more lbs before I get there. Possible without doing this? Yes… but will I do it?

Still not sure what to do. I keep reading other journals and seeing “I’m feeling so great,” “HOT-ROX is wonderful” etc. I’m just not there. Maybe my mindset wasn’t good from the beginning? Maybe I just don’t have the willpower? Maybe I just don’t want it bad enough? I don’t really know what to think.

Also- in other news.

Workout yesterday didn’t go as planned. A bunch of the other trainers at my gym were doing a crossfit training so I decided to jump on it. Here’s what we did;

2 sets, 100 reps.

Kettlebell Swings (12kg)
Push-Ups
Pull-Ups (jumping and 3 count eccentric movement)
Box Jumps (24" box)
Hanging leg raises

I probably shouldn’t have done it, looking back on it- it’s more like cardio than strength training because of the 100 reps.