Biotest

Velocity Diet For Lifestyle Change

I’m on day 2 of the velocity diet. Technically, I’m under the minimum weight required to start the plan, but I am doing it anyway (I’m stubborn). My reasoning is that I want use it to kick start my life into a new fitness direction, improve my nutrition habits and overcome some poor eating habits, and add some muscle.

Historically I’ve been an endurance athlete and have the typical skinny-fat build. As I age (43 yom), I realize I should focus more on keeping/adding muscle, maintaining mobility and flexibility, and being healthy. I still enjoy endurance activities (short distance triathlons and cycling), but I realize I need to add the other stuff.

Has anyone that is underweight or at the minimum weight been successful in adding muscle on this program or at least improving body comp and not becoming more unhealthy?

I should mention that I’m 5’11", 141 pounds, and about 12-13% bodyfat.

That is pretty light for the V-Diet, but it’s really about body composition of course. The weight guidelines just make it simple.

People do gain muscle on the V-Diet, even though it’s mainly for rapid fat loss. This is due to the higher protein intake and better quality protein (protein types meant for building muscle), the workout nutrition (Surge) and the Hot-Rox can even have that effect since it contains Carbolin-19.

Also, if using the V-Diet workout program, that’s a new stimulus for many – new style of lifting, no traditional cardio – even if they’ve lifted before. So, it’s very likely you’ll see a body comp shift - less fat, more muscle - at the same time. Though the muscle gain won’t be as profound of course as someone eating a caloric surplus with a focus on muscle gain.

Thanks Chris.

Do you think I should modify and include real food to get more calories in order for more lean muscle gain? I chose Velocity Diet for its simplicity, but My overall long-term goal is to get to 160 and 10% body fat.

[quote]uscgmedic wrote:
Thanks Chris.

Do you think I should modify and include real food to get more calories in order for more lean muscle gain? I chose Velocity Diet for its simplicity, but My overall long-term goal is to get to 160 and 10% body fat.[/quote]

No, I’d rather not see it modified, though it could be if you need extra calories. One of the ways it works though it by removing all “bad lifestyle” food addictions, so it’s always a risk adding in solid foods which may keep these alive (milk, wheat, excess sugar etc.) I’d rather see someone just having an extra shake for the bonus calories.