Biotest

Velocity Diet for Fat Loss After Chemotherapy

I recently under went chemotherapy for Lymphoma.One of the side effects of some of the drugs is fat gain in the midsection. Now that I am in remission I was considering this diet to remove some of the fat and lose around 10-15 lbs in the process. I was wondering if this would be a good choice for me? I currently weigh around 212 lbs at a height of 5’8". My normal bodyweight is around 200 lbs. Age is 63. My training is geared toward powerlifting. Any advice would be appreciated.

First off, congrats on kicking ass and sticking around. Great to hear.

Really, I’m thinking it’s not the best fit for right now. The V-Diet works great, that’s not the issue. But for what you’re looking for and your current shape, it’d be killing a fly with a sledgehammer.

I think a better approach would be to get back into a consistent training and nutrition routine, add some easier cardio work to shave off some pounds, tighten the diet to shave off some more pounds, and kinda go about things that way.

Are you 100% cleared from your docs to get back into working out or do you have any restrictions?

It’s hard to walk too much, and it has tons of benefits from stress reduction, improved recovery, and basic fat burning. It also won’t affect strength, so you can get back into powerlifting if you’ve got the okay to.

As far as nutrition, the standard animal proteins, healthy fats, good carbs, and plenty of whole fruits and vegetables. Nothing fancy or complicated, but plenty effective. The Paleo Hybrid is a solid template.

You could probably do the one shake diet without interfering in your recovery at all. That’s about as extreme as I’d get until you re-establish a general base of conditioning.

You could possibly look into Indigo-3G to help repair insulin sensitivity and get your body in more of a fat burning, not fat storing, mode. If necessary, run the label past your doc to make sure it’s all fine, but it’s essentially a berry extract. And it contains no stimulants, so that shouldn’t be a problem.

Thanks for the reply. Some of the side effects of the chemo are fatigue and some mental issues. Currently I am under no restrictions. The oncologist wanted me to stick to a workout program which I did when I was feeling well. Now that I am 4 weeks post treatment I am going to ramp up my training. I was thinking of following the V-Diet for a couple of weeks then switching to something a little more complicated later on. Since the V-Diet is fairly simple I was hoping it would give me the jump start I needed for this By the way I have never dieted a day in my life. If felt like like I was gaining too much weight I would just cut back on my eating a little.