Biotest

Velocity Diet Day 1 and Away We Go!

I actually tried to start this diet last March. I was one week in and I was diagnosed with Stage 3 Diffused Large B Cell Lymphoma and I had to quit :O(
I spent 6 months battling and kicking the shit out of cancer. I was declared cancer free in August.

Unfortunately the chemo drugs and the steroids they gave me caused me to gain 30 lbs. (I am 6’2" and very large boned, so I can carry weight more than a shorter woman) I am ready to start this again and lose the weight I gained. I have a wedding dress to fit into! Wish me luck!

Dawn

You already beat a cancer so this should be walk in a park for you.

Good luck and keep us posted!

Hello, well here I am…day 6 of this diet and I have already dropped 10 1/2 lbs. I pretty damn stoked. Its been hard having to cook food for everyone while I drink my shake…but I will tell you the results Im seeing are worth it…and I haven’t even officially completed my first week!

Day 10…down 13 lbs…I have lost almost half of my chemo weight! Only 18 more days to go! I get to have a meal on Saturday! Woo Hoo!

way to go!!! and congrats on being cancer free… thats an amazing thing to be able to
SHOUT to the world!! :slight_smile:

i think all of us women have the same struggles, when cooking
for the family!!

keep up the great work!!

Well here I am…day 13 of this diet…and Im down 15 lbs!!! I becoming a figment of my own imagination! I have lost half of the chemo weight I gained from last year!!!

I will tell you its been hard. But I’m so pleased with the results it makes me want to persevere!

You’re an inspiration. What amazing progress! If you spent 6 months kicking cancer, you can do ANYTHING.

Its day 16 and I’m 16 1/2 lbs down. Only 12 more days to go with this very tough diet. There have been so many times I have wanted to quit…but I just can’t force myself to do that. I have to finish this. I have to meet my goal…Im over halfway there…

way to go dont quit now… u can achieve your goal!! its only a glimpse away

Keep it going! Just remember how once it’s done itll seem like only yesterday. I wanna see some before and after pics!

That is freakin’ amazing!
Pics, pics!!!

Day 18…down 18 1/2 lbs!! Oh yeah…the greatest part…I get some foooooood tomorrow for my weekly meal! Im in the home stretch…only 10 more days to go! I will post a pic today after I get off work.
A before (day before diet) and today.

Day 18…down 18.5 lbs!!! Only 10 more days to go! Im in the homestretch! I’ve got to pour it on now! Oh yeah…here is the greatest part…I get some fooooooood tomorrow LOL. I will post some pics when i get home from work!@!!

Day 19…down 19.5 lbs…2/3 of the way there!..FOOOOOOOOOOD today! LOL

Holy Shit Batman…down 21.5 lbs…only 6 more days to go…I just may make my goal of 30 lbs lost!!

way to go!!! knew you could do it

Its sooooooo hard. It takes so much self control, but Im doing it. I look better and I feel better. Only 6 more days to go. I’ll be done on the 30th. There is a light at the end of the tunnel.

Wow, this thread is SO inspirational. Dawndeegirl, I so agree with you about how hard this diet is. This is my 4th day and yesterday was so bad. What has began to motivate me though when I feel like giving in is Chris’ words, yes, you might feel hungry but…, SUCK IT IT!! I am beginning to get a little bit of backbone. I am the one doing the cooking which makes it even harder. The next 24 days seems like forever so I am really proud of all those who are near the finishing line.

Wow. I can’t believe I only have 5 more days to go! I feel like the little train that could…chugging up the hill. The first couple of weeks you think…“I think I can, I think I can”…now as Im closing out my last week, I can proudly say, “I know I can, I know I can!” I have learned an incredible amount of self discipline. Im so close to my goal of losing 30 lbs. My chemo weight gain is almost but a mere memory (painful memory)

On another note…why oh why is it that when you’re on a freakin diet that EVERY single damn commercial is about food??? I mean come on already!! LOL

[quote]mysticRev wrote:
Wow, this thread is SO inspirational. Dawndeegirl, I so agree with you about how hard this diet is. This is my 4th day and yesterday was so bad. What has began to motivate me though when I feel like giving in is Chris’ words, yes, you might feel hungry but…, SUCK IT IT!! I am beginning to get a little bit of backbone. I am the one doing the cooking which makes it even harder. The next 24 days seems like forever so I am really proud of all those who are near the finishing line.[/quote]

I so agree with you. What sucks even worse is when you really cook something awesome and you can’t even eat it!!!