Biotest

Velocity Diet Adventure Begins!

Wait, you’re starting the V-Diet AND starting to work out again seriously for the first time in six years? And you’re starting out at a whopping 269lbs?

I hope you’re an ex-Navy Seal or something… It’s hard enough the first week you go back to lifting really hard - trying to both start lifting and do the V-Diet at the same time??

Hats off to ya…

I think the V-Diet is more for people who have worked out seriously for a while, and need to break through a fat loss ‘plateau’

[quote]lowlight wrote:
I think the V-Diet is more for people who have worked out seriously for a while, and need to break through a fat loss ‘plateau’[/quote]

What, like you?

LMAO!

[quote]rsg wrote:
lowlight wrote:
I think the V-Diet is more for people who have worked out seriously for a while, and need to break through a fat loss ‘plateau’

What, like you?

LMAO![/quote]

Pwned.

Oh wow. Totally “pwned”. A year ago I was over 32% bf, and I was a fat lazy slob. 12 months later, I am getting closer to where I want to be physically. Now I am getting down to under 20% bf after working hard over the last year, and V-Diet for the last month.

Fucktards like you guys probably don’t realize that not everyone wants to look like the non-humans you see in the pictures to the right. Some of us are just “FFBs” who are working hard on getting a fit, healthy body.

And I feel bad for the fat people with nothing underneath who are going to try to do too much at once. Then they come in here for advice, only to get slammed by retards like you guys… Pretty sad :frowning:

Well I’m not gonna bother reminding you that this was originally a bodybuilding site, so yes, people here would want to look freaky and in-human. Your types reside at men’s health. However, that spirit has been lost but is again being revitalized in the bodybuilding bunker, and I only hope our disease of inhumanity spreads.

So, fucktard mcgee, I was at an unknown bodyfat in April 07, but is was 70lbs heavier.

12 months later, I’m sub 11%.
I did the V-Diet for a month too.

But I was way under 20%, unlike yourself.

So, fuck-off, and get your diet and cardio right, you and I know both know thats the problem, but I promise you won’t admit it.

and 1% BF lost a month is NOT committed nor impressive. Sorry, been there done that.

I’m not trying to impress anyone. Again, the issue with idiots like you is that all they want to do is impress other musclehead idiots. In a way I feel sorry for you… But not really… I feel sorry for everyone around you though.

What’s so freaky and inhuman about men with some muscle?

Why is it that all the guys want to be skinny these days?!!!

It makes me sad. :frowning:

I only want to impress myself.

And those musclehead idiots you speak of are often very intelligent people. The list of guys in the industry with Phd’s, masters degrees, advanced certifications, goes on and on.

And congratulations on refuting nothing I said.

You are typical, hurl an insult about bodybuilders (ON A GODDAMN SITE REFERRED TO AS “WORLD’S LARGEST BODYBUILDING THINK TANK”) because you know I’m right. Progress made in the time period you gave it in is piss fucking poor and shows a lack of dedication and strongwill.

You can dispute that all you want, but its true, I know from experience.

And btw chump, the v-diet ain’t hard to follow. No choices, no temptation, no thinking. It tough, but not doesn’t take iron will. Doing cardio and making the right food choices day in and day out takes iron will pal.

You know it, and I know it.

And if you hate bodybuilding so much, go to a general fitness site and fuck off.

[quote]Christine wrote:

It makes me sad. :([/quote]

Are you seeing anyone?

I mean, assuming you aren’t referring to abercrombie models as “guys with muscle”

;}

[quote]GetSwole wrote:
Christine wrote:

It makes me sad. :frowning:

Are you seeing anyone?

I mean, assuming you aren’t referring to abercrombie models as “guys with muscle”

;}[/quote]

I am pretty sure that abercombie models are the cause of this whole skinny and “ripped” fad. They should be taken out.

Agreed. I hope we are both referring to taken out as meaning “to be made extinct”.

[quote]GetSwole wrote:
Agreed. I hope we are both referring to taken out as meaning “to be made extinct”.[/quote]

Or just ship them off to some island so the brainwashing can stop.

I couldn’t go out with a guy who ate less than me.

Unless you are already at 15% BF or less, the V-Diet should not be the first thing you pull out of the tool box.

Not saying it is a worthless diet, but it is not designed for people with high BF.

It is an extremely difficult diet to stay on. Mindlessly easy instructions, but hard to stay on.

Have you tried eating cleaner and training harder?

[quote]rainjack wrote:

Have you tried eating cleaner and training harder?

[/quote]
us
Not the guy who is happy with 12% in a year. Keep at it, maybe next valetines day you’ll have a 2 pack.

Stellarmarine - don’t listen to these guys and stay strong. Like you, I’m on day 3 of the diet and a higher bodyfat than 15 percent. It’s a good diet and a great way to quickly correct and see some quick results which should translate into a huge amount of momentum to complete your goals.

A good way to correct what?

The way to correct poor eating habits is to make good food choices day in and day out for a substantial amount of time. Not to follow a mindless, choiceless protocol.

At the end of the diet you want to eat ANYTHING. These are the taste changes.

It most certainly is not the best way to form good eating habits. Good eating habits should have already been achieved when starting the diet. Thus the reason it was originally designed for the lean trying to get leaner.

You did correctly touch on its main draw
"quick results".

And thus our immediate gratification society.

Make the constant decision to choose good food over bad is much, much harder. I’ve done both, so it ain’t biased.

Anyway, I’m happy with what I’ve done in the last year. I don’t look at it as “1% per month” more like “22% in the last few months”. Does that sound better? :wink: I spent a year getting into weights and nutrition, starting from zero and learning a LOT. Eventually I got to the point where it was time to stop messing around (“chasing two rabbits” as Shugart puts it) and cut down to a reasonable fat level and start from there. Sure, I don’t look like a freak in 1 year, but I got out of it what I put into it. It might not be hardcore enough for you, but it is for me. And there’s no reason to put someone down just because their goals differ from yours. (to all the roided out dudes, I’m sorry for calling you all idiots. I’m sure many of them are very smart).

Anyway, before those idiots hijacked this thread, it was about Stellarmarine starting his V-Diet. SM, if you do go through with it, best of luck. I REALLY recommend at least a couple months of solid weight training though, just so you’re used to doing that kind of work again. Going from where you are, it’s going to be tough as hell to do the workouts required on the V-Diet. Maybe you can go through with it, but I think you have a lot going against you.

Again, don’t listen to these jackasses. Not everyone is out there to stand out in a crowd like some sort of freak. If you follow Shugart’s advice (be sure to read his other blog posts as well), you’ll be good. They were written more for guys like us anyway.

[quote]BrentM wrote:
Stellarmarine - don’t listen to these guys and stay strong. Like you, I’m on day 3 of the diet and a higher bodyfat than 15 percent. It’s a good diet and a great way to quickly correct and see some quick results which should translate into a huge amount of momentum to complete your goals.[/quote]

Come post in here in 10 days and honestly report how you feel.

Posts like this are the reason I rail against the diet.