Biotest

Velocity Again After 1.5 Years

I’ve done a V-Diet before and succeeded. And I’ve altered the V-Diet before and failed miserably. I’ve learned my lesson. No changes.

Food: V-Diet 12 scoop plan since I’m less than 237 pounds.
Workout: Intermediate V-Diet training plan.

I have problems with sodas as well. I am going to use my time on the V-Diet to break free of them and not ever rationalize having just one again.

I start on Monday.

keep us posted

[quote]corstijeir wrote:
keep us posted[/quote]

take pictures

No photos since my camera broke. Boo.

Monday weigh-in: 235 lbs
Height: 69.75"
Shoulders: 45.25 - Think the person measuring them went higher than I do when I do it myself.
Chest-Nipple: 42"
Waist-Navel: 41" - Feck, I’m so fat again!
Hips: 47"

Monday Shakes: 11, 2, 4 (PWO), 5:45, 8, 9:30
Workout: Front Squats: 95: 6, 105: 6, 115: 6, 135: 2 (finished since I hit 20 reps)
Chin-ups: 4, 4, 3, 3, 3, 3
DB Bench: 70s: 6, 6, 75s: 5, 3
Forgot to bring my ab wheel to the gym so did Hand Walksouts (from Friday) instead: 10, 10, 10, 10

I’ll do ab wheel on Friday.

Tuesday Shakes: 11:45, 2:30, 6, (8), (10). Numbers in parentheses are estimated future times.

I’m excited about this V-Diet since I’d let my diet go to to crap lately. I am going to use this to cleanse myself of diet cokes, pizza, and the like. It always starts as a slippery slope with the diet cokes and then things just get worse. After this, I’m not going to have them again.

Day 3
Shakes: 11:45, 2:30, 4:30 (PWO), 6, 9, 9:15

Workout: Step-ups: 30s: 9, 9, 9, 9, 4
Bent-Over Rows: 55s: 9, 9, 9, 9, 4
Push-Press: 55s: 8, 8, 7, 6, 6, 5
Barbell Curls: 60: 9, 9, 9, 7, 6
Reverse Crunches: 10, 9, 8, 6, 7

I practiced a lot of compressed-schedule intermittent fasting. I’ve been trying to start the shakes after 11:30 and finish before 10. It’s not very compressed, but I find it helps me be full in the evening so I can sleep.

Day 4 Shakes: 11:30, 3, 6, 10, 10:05
Day 3 intermediate workout tomorrow. V-Burn on Sunday and a trip to Golden Corral for the HSM!

Today’s workout was pretty rough, but in that good way.
Deadlift: 225: 9, 6, 6, 6, 5, 4, 4
Dips: 8, 6, 5, 5, 5, 4, 4, 3
Wide-Grip Lat Pulldown: 150: 8, 7, 5, 5, 6, 5, 4
Ab-wheel roll out from Monday: Forgot the damn wheel again so used a 10lb medicine ball instead: 10, 5, 5

Day 5 Shakes: 11:30, 2:15, 4:30 (PWO), 5:30, 8:30, (10)

I’m really wanting some food, but it’s only 2 more days until HSM time. Thoughts of steaks, salads, and fruit abound in my head. My friend is the one who told me about Golden Corral. I’ve never been, but I’ve been told they will grill a steak for you. I figure I can make that rock with some chicken and veggies and be good.

I’ve been chewing on ice like crazy.

Day 6 Shakes: 2, 4, 6:30, 8:30, 10:30. I slept horribly the night before and ended up sleeping in until 11:30.

Weigh day, parentheses are change from last week:
Weight: 223.2 (-11.8)
Shoulders: 44 (-1.25) Still thinking my partner is measuring these in a high spot.
Chest-Nipple: 42.25 (+.25)
Waist-Navel: 40 1/16 (-15/16)
Hips: 46 (-1 1/16)

I learned the Golden Corral I had intended to go to does not do the grilling part at lunch. As such, I’m going to a really good barbeque buffet with really good collard greens and some kind of cooked cabbage that is amazing.

I rocked the V-Burn around 10 this morning. Time was 38:37. I slowed down a bit for the later rounds since I had to wipe the floor so I wouldn’t face-plant during the clap push-ups or pike push-ups. The claps and pikes were also pretty hard by the 4th round as well.

After the V-Burn, I headed to the barbeque joint to rock the buffet. They have beef brisket, pulled pork, smoked quarter chickens, and spicy sausage. For sides they have baked potatoes with onions, bacon, cheese, and a little ranch as well as collard greens and some kind of smoked cabbage. There are other sides like rolls, baked beans, mac and cheese, potato salad, and cole slaw.

I ended up eating two plates of beef and collard greens. I rocked one other plate with pork, cabbage, more greens, more beef, and a spoonful of the potatoes. I also had some ribs. It was all heavenly. I haven’t had a shake yet today, but I haven’t been hungry. I’ll probably do one before bed if I don’t get hungry.

Workout:
Front Squat: 135: 4, 5, 5, 4, 2
Chinups: 5, 4, 3, 3, 3, 2
DB Bench: 75s: 6, 5, 3, 3, 3
Ab Wheel (8lb Medicine Ball): 10, 10

I realized I had started a V-Diet experiment with MD Muscle Growth and FA3 back in October. I broke my collar bone about 10 days into it so had to bail. I did gain some of my weight I am currently losing during that cycle. The cool part was that I did my intermediate V-Burn for this one 7 minutes faster than I did that one, though I was heavier in this one.

Edit: The weight gain is from post-collar bone break. I didn’t gain any weight during the experiment and was well on my way to a pretty spiffy V-Dietesque experience.

Step-ups: 30s: 9, 9, 9, 9, 4
Bent-Over Rows: 60s: 9, 9, 8, 7, 7
Push Press: 50s: 9, 55s: 8, 7, 6, 6, 4
Barbell Curls: 70: 8, 7, 6, 6, 6, 7
Reverse Crunches: 10, 7, 7, 8, 8

35s are at a premium at my gym. I’m going to have to ninja them and start growling to keep them for Step-ups. I tried the push press at 50s first since I was feeling a little weaker today, but after that it was cake so I went back to 55s. Rawr.

I love the Friday workout. I believe this is because I love deadlifting now that I have the mobility to do it safely without jacking up my back.

40 reps, 40s rest
Deadlift: 225: 8, 7, 6, 6, 6, 5, 2
Dips: 8, 6, 6, 6, 5, 5, 4
Lat Pulldown: 150: 8, 6, 5, 5, 5, 5, 4, 2
Hand-Walkout: 10, 10, 10, 10

I’ve started planning out my post-V-Diet workout and nutrition strategy. I had the rough idea ready, but I’m getting finer points laid out. I’m going to do the full intermediate transition utilizing various primal recipes I like to make.

After the transition, I’m going with a Carbing up the Caveman style approach from Nate Miyaki for food and going to do Dan John’s Mass Made Simple workouts.

Went for a walk. Bought some lacrosse balls and a new, more dense foam roller. I played with it a bit while a movie was on the TV. Tomorrow is the V-Burn again! And then ribs and steamed veggies at another BBQ joint!

Day 14 marks the halfway point in this V-Diet! Time for a weigh and measure. My partner is away so I’m only measuring weight, waist at the navel and 2 inches above and below. Numbers in parentheses are cumulative loss.

Weight: 218 (-17)
Waist-Navel: 38.5 (-2.5)
Waist-2Above: 37 (N/A)
Waist-2Below: 40 (N/A)

I’m going to do some stretching, foam rolling, and then bust out my V-Burn! I get my ribs and veggies at 1 o’clock. Rawr.

[quote]Tirith wrote:
Day 14 marks the halfway point in this V-Diet! Time for a weigh and measure. My partner is away so I’m only measuring weight, waist at the navel and 2 inches above and below. Numbers in parentheses are cumulative loss.

I’m going to do some stretching, foam rolling, and then bust out my V-Burn! I get my ribs and veggies at 1 o’clock. Rawr.[/quote]
Drastic progress for just 2 weeks. Keep it up!

V-Burn in 33:55. I did it on carpet this time so I didn’t have to wipe the floor a bunch. Clapping pushups and pike pushups are still the devil!

[quote]Tirith wrote:

I’m going to do some stretching, foam rolling, and then bust out my V-Burn! I get my ribs and veggies at 1 o’clock. Rawr.[/quote]

218!!! yeah! that’s fantastic! I’m so jealous :wink:

I went to another BBQ joint yesterday with all you can eat ribs. I ate two servings of fresh veggies, two servings of collard greens, 1/4 chicken, and close to two slabs of dry rub ribs. This was around 1 o’clock. I didn’t eat anything else until the end of the day. I had a two scoop shake, my fish oil tablets, and almond butter.

I’ve wondered about the tapering effect of the V-Diet where later loss is not as good as starting. I’ve considered whether or not leptin needs to be addressed. I think my all you can eat HSM strategy is handling it. We’ll see how things look this Sunday. In previous ones, my third week loss is drastically lower than previous weeks. I think with the healthy overfeed from Sundays, I’m maintaining my ability to get maximal loss from the calorie deficit. We’ll see.

20 reps, 4-6 rep range, 20s rest
Front Squat: 145: 5, 5, 5, 4, 1
Chinups: 5, 4, 4, 3, 3, 1
DB Bench: 75s: 6, 6, 5, 3
Ab Wheel: 5, 5, 5, 5

I reintroduced Creatine yesterday. I’ll be doing 3g per day. This may lead to some weight gain, but I’ll continue to monitor the waist inches. As long as they go down, the weight does not matter!