Biotest

Veggie V-Diet 3.0


#21

Awesome progress! Your journal will an exciting one to follow. Thanks for the link to excel, some great tips.

Donna


#22

Thanks Donna!

Glad to hear the excel file is helpful.

I will be following your progress too, fellow V-dieter!

Stay strong!


#23

NEPA on day 4 (March 19) was much better - finished the full hour at the 4 mph and 5% incline - I think the trick was doing it 30 minutes after downing a shake.


#24

Hey etrader…haven’t seen anything out of you in the past couple of days…hope everything is still going smoothly for you…throw us a bone with some updates whydontya??


#25

VTBalla - thanks for dropping by!

I will post an update shortly.


#26

Friday, March 20th was Day 5 - here’s how the workouts log:

A. Deadlift - 115 Lbs
8, 6, 4, 5, 5, 4, 4, 4

B. Decline Dumbbell Press - 35 Lb dumbbells
8, 7, 6, 5, 5, 7

C. Lat Pulldown - neutral grip - 135 Lbs
7, 6, 7, 6, 6, 4, 4

D. Hand Walkout (Knees for everything except last two sets which were on toes)
7, 6, 5, 4, 4, 4, 3, 4, 3

Notes:
Increase deadlift by 10 lbs to 125 lbs

Increase decline dumbbell press to 40 lb dumbbells

Try 150 Lbs on Lat Pulldown machine

Continue form and intensity for hand walkout

NEPA - Changed it up today - 10 minutes of treadmill (4 mph at 5% incline), followed by 10 minutes on stationary bike and 10 minutes on stair climber - Repeat once more!

The change in NEPA was because I was starting to find some pain in my shinbone with a 60-minute walk.


#27

Saturday, March 21st was Day 6 - had a 1-day road trip to Dallas and back so doing the HSM and/or the V-burn challenge was out of the question.

However, I did get about 35 minutes of NEPA in - similar to previous NEPA routine - it was 10 minutes each on treadmill, bike and stair climber.


#28

Sunday, March 22nd - Day 7 - time to meet the nemesis - the weighing scale, the measure tape and the mirror! LOL!!

Took weight and measurements before 1st shake.

To recap, here’s the readings before V-Diet 3.0:

Weight: 174 Lbs
Neck: 15.5’
Chest (around nipples): 38"
Waist (below rib cage): 33.5"
Waist (around widest part): 35.5"
Upper Arm: 12.5"
Around the Hips: 39.7"
Thighs: 24.5"
Calves: 15"

Readings on morning of Day 7:
Weight: 169.8 (down 4.2 lbs)
Neck: 15.125" (down .375")
Chest: 37" (down an inch!)
Upper Waist (below rib cage): 32.5" (down an inch)
Waist (around widest part): 35.2" (down 0.3")
Upper Arm: 12.625 (increased slightly! Could this be the chin ups and other workout related improvement?! Too early to tell)
Hips: 39" (down 0.7" - I’ll take it!)
Thighs: 24.13" (down .37")
Calves: 15.125" (slight increase - could be operator error in measurement)

Overall - Am quite pleased with the results!

The loss in inches feels more of a reward than the 4.2 lb loss.


#29

The V-burn challenge is something and I knew this was going to be the toughest workouts because of the fact that no rest is suggested between exercises and sets!

Took a whopping 49 minutes to finish (with lots of breaks where I had catch my breath!!)

I think, however, yesterday’s day trip and the driving as a result of that, was the reason I wasn’t able to finish faster so next week’s v-burn goal is to finish under 40 minutes!


#30

Training Log for Workout # 5 on Monday, March 23rd:

A. Front Squat (Used 25 lb plates totaling 95 lbs for Front Squats - last time was 75 lbs):
5, 3, 3, 3, 4, 4

B. Chin-ups (started from deadhang position every time):
4, 3, 2, 2, 2, 2, 1, 1, 2, 1

C. Dumbbell Bench Press - Went with 50 lb dumbbells:
4, 3, 3, 3, 2, 2, 2, 1

D. Ab-Wheel rollouts - extended further out every time:
3, 3, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2

Comments:
A. Front Squats: The cushion roll (meant to protect my collar-bone area kept slipping causing a lot of distraction) - had no problem with the weight though so will try to go to 115 lbs next time

B. Form was good - my triceps and biceps were burning by the time I finished 20 reps!

C. Struggled with the 50 lb dumbbells (probably because my arms were tired from the chin-ups), will go back down to 45 lb dumbbells.

D. Good form - continue extending as far out as possible!

As a Bonus, also did 15 minutes of NEPA after the workout!

[quote]etrader83 wrote:
Log of Day 1’s intermediate training:

A. Front Squat (used 30 lbs on barbell as I’ve never done this version of the squat)
9, 5, 5, 5

B. Chin-up (prefer this to Lat Pulldown)
4, 3, 2, 2, 2, 2, 1, 1, 1, 2

C. Dumbell Bench Press (40 lb Dumbells)
7, 5, 4, 4

D Ab-Wheel Rollout
3, 3, 2, 2, 2, 3, 3

Analysis:

For Front Squats, will try 25 lbs plates next time now that I have the form down.

For chin-ups, continue going in to dead hang starting position every time

For Dumbell Bench Press, try 50 Lb dumbells next time

For Ab-rollout, try to go further out and get in 1-2 per set.

[/quote]


#31

Nice work e-trader! Going strong…keep up the great work…

I like how you recap your workouts. I’ve started to do that on mine as well, it not only helps you plan your next workout better, but it will be nice to have for posterity long after my workout notebook has disintegrated.

How is the 2 week mark looking?


#32

[quote]etrader83 wrote:
Training Log for Workout # 5 on Monday, March 23rd:

A. Front Squat (Used 25 lb plates totaling 95 lbs for Front Squats - last time was 75 lbs):
5, 3, 3, 3, 4, 4

B. Chin-ups (started from deadhang position every time):
4, 3, 2, 2, 2, 2, 1, 1, 2, 1

C. Dumbbell Bench Press - Went with 50 lb dumbbells:
4, 3, 3, 3, 2, 2, 2, 1

D. Ab-Wheel rollouts - extended further out every time:
3, 3, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2

Comments:
A. Front Squats: The cushion roll (meant to protect my collar-bone area kept slipping causing a lot of distraction) - had no problem with the weight though so will try to go to 115 lbs next time

B. Form was good - my triceps and biceps were burning by the time I finished 20 reps!

C. Struggled with the 50 lb dumbbells (probably because my arms were tired from the chin-ups), will go back down to 45 lb dumbbells.

D. Good form - continue extending as far out as possible!

As a Bonus, also did 15 minutes of NEPA after the workout!

etrader83 wrote:
Log of Day 1’s intermediate training:

A. Front Squat (used 30 lbs on barbell as I’ve never done this version of the squat)
9, 5, 5, 5

B. Chin-up (prefer this to Lat Pulldown)
4, 3, 2, 2, 2, 2, 1, 1, 1, 2

C. Dumbell Bench Press (40 lb Dumbells)
7, 5, 4, 4

D Ab-Wheel Rollout
3, 3, 2, 2, 2, 3, 3

Analysis:

For Front Squats, will try 25 lbs plates next time now that I have the form down.

For chin-ups, continue going in to dead hang starting position every time

For Dumbell Bench Press, try 50 Lb dumbells next time

For Ab-rollout, try to go further out and get in 1-2 per set.

[/quote]

Etrader

Take the cushion roll off. Forget the bruising and irritation on the collar bone, you’ll get used to it and that roller will cause you problems with keeping the bar in place.

That is super light weight for front squats and you can probably do more if not messing with that roller.

I’ll bet you will end up liking it if you try it!

Just a suggestion, but after the V-diet you might focus on weights a bit more and try to add some muscle, that will make loosing the fat you have easier.

I’m hope this does not sound overly critical and demotivate you, you are doing great, more muscle will yield better results.


#33

[quote]Free2Be wrote:

Etrader

Take the cushion roll off. Forget the bruising and irritation on the collar bone, you’ll get used to it and that roller will cause you problems with keeping the bar in place.

That is super light weight for front squats and you can probably do more if not messing with that roller.

I’ll bet you will end up liking it if you try it!

Just a suggestion, but after the V-diet you might focus on weights a bit more and try to add some muscle, that will make loosing the fat you have easier.

I’m hope this does not sound overly critical and demotivate you, you are doing great, more muscle will yield better results.[/quote]

Thanks for the feedback, Free2Be! (Will try the front squats without the cushion roll)

Any suggestions on which muscle-building workout programs to take on after the V-Diet?


#34

[quote]VTBalla34 wrote:
Nice work e-trader! Going strong…keep up the great work…

I like how you recap your workouts. I’ve started to do that on mine as well, it not only helps you plan your next workout better, but it will be nice to have for posterity long after my workout notebook has disintegrated.

How is the 2 week mark looking?[/quote]

The exercise journal is one way to see how a workout went - I scribble my notes immediately following the workout and then post them here later.

Week 2 is going well - have been doing my NEPA outdoors and enjoy it a lot more (fresh air and all) than doing it on a treadmill.


#35

Log of Workout # 6 - Done on Wednesday, March 25th:

A. Reverse Lunge using 40 Lb dumbells
8, 6, 6, 6, 6, 4, 4

B. Bent-over Row using 40 Lb dumbells
6, 6, 5, 5, 4, 4, 3, 3, 3, 1

C. Push Press using 30 Lb dumbells
7, 6, 6, 6, 5, 4, 3, 3

D. Barbell Curl - 45 Lbs
7, 6, 6, 6, 5, 5, 5

E. Reverse Crunch on slant board (part of this was switched to the floor):
7, 6, 4, 5, 5, 5, 4, 4

Notes for next week:
A. Try Step up instead of Lunge (to mix things up!)
B, C and D. Continue
E. Try to complete all 40 reps on the slant board

[quote]etrader83 wrote:
Log of 2nd workout session (Day 3 - March 18):

A. Reverse Lunge using 35 Lb dumbells
10, 8, 6, 6, 6, 4

B. Bent-over Row using 35 Lb dumbells
8, 5, 6, 5, 5, 5, 5

C. Push Press using 30 Lb dumbells
7, 6, 6, 5, 5, 5, 4, 2

D. Barbell Curl - 40 Lbs
8, 7, 6, 6, 6, 5

E. Reverse Crunch on floor
7, 8, 6, 7, 6, 7

Notes for next time:
Increase Lunge weights to 40 Lb dumbells
Increase Bent over row weight to 40 Lb dumbells
Continue Push Press at 30 lb dumbells
Increase Barbell curl to 45 Lbs
Continue good form on reverse crunch[/quote]


#36

Way to go E! Way to keep the “extra” off for a few years. I’m in a similar boat, did V 20 months ago, didn’t keep it off as well as you did. And got after it again 3/02/09, Down 16 this evening. You are one focused individual and probably a decent trader if I had to guess. Be Well


#37

#38

#39