Biotest

Veggie V-Diet 3.0

Hello V-Diet Nation!

Tomorrow I embark on my second V-Diet and am very excited about the changes the team at T-Nation have made to the program - I thought the program was idiot proof when I did it with the 2.0 version last August but then now with the 3.0, people have no excuse to fail because the instructions are simple to follow!

I just finished a 6-week fitness boot camp and interestingly the V-Diet training has a few exercises similar to the ones we used.

For all the non-believers and weak-willed, I want to leave you with a comparison picture - the fatter version is me before the start of my V-Diet 2.0 (back in Mid-August of 2008) and the other picture was taken earlier today (before the start of my V-Diet 3.0).

My motivation is to have an even leaner version of me pictured next to these two by the end of this 6-week journey!

Cheers!

This is what I had on Sunday - a Spinach Artichoke Stratta or as I like to call it - a Spinach artery-choke Stratta! :slight_smile:

Anyways, this was just one of those occasional indulgences and not a regular part of my diet.

Headed to my first workout now!

Side Pics

Left one - taken prior to V-Diet 2.0 (on 08-17-2008)

Right one - taken yesterday prior to V-Diet 3.0 (on 03-15-2009)

Front Pics

Left one - taken prior to V-Diet 2.0 (on 08-17-2008)

Right one - taken yesterday prior to V-Diet 3.0 (on 03-15-2009)

Here’s a link to an MS Excel file I am using to track my progress, create a daily workout, nutrition and supplement schedule and also it has some of the MD-shake recipes that I found on the V-Diet forum.

http://sites.google.com/site/etrader83/Home/velocity-diet---files

Wow, awesome progress!! Way to go man, keep it up and I can’t wait to see the results after this go-round!

[quote]xdarrylx wrote:
Wow, awesome progress!! Way to go man, keep it up and I can’t wait to see the results after this go-round![/quote]

Thanks for the encouragement!

Are you doing a V-Diet too? If you start a log here on T-Nation be sure to let me know.

Wow E-trade that is some excellent progress! Keep up the great work and I have no doubts the V-Diet will help you take off those last few pounds.

Great results so far!

Here’s a good goal: Standing side pic, relaxed – Chest must naturally stick out further than the belly. And that counts “upper belly” right below the low pec line.

You’re almost there!

Keep us posted!

[quote]VTBalla34 wrote:
Wow E-trade that is some excellent progress! Keep up the great work and I have no doubts the V-Diet will help you take off those last few pounds.[/quote]

Thanks for your praise!

The phrase “Rome wasn’t built in a day” is so true in the case of my fat-loss.

Since September 2008 (when I completed the V-Diet 2.0), I have been eating a lot more veggies daily, my cravings for junk food was obviously down to almost nothing and I have continued to workout in a group fitness boot camp (a very fun experience!)

[quote]Chris Shugart wrote:
Great results so far!

Here’s a good goal: Standing side pic, relaxed – Chest must naturally stick out further than the belly. And that counts “upper belly” right below the low pec line.

You’re almost there!

Keep us posted!

[/quote]

Thank you, Chris!!

I appreciate you taking interest in my V-Diet journey and setting that goal for me - nothing like a little challenge to help me push harder!

Cheers and keep up the awesome work!

These were my measurements taken before V-Diet 3.0 (on 03-15-2008)

Height: 5’9"

Weight: 174 Lbs
Neck: 15.5’
Chest (around nipples): 38"
Waist (below rib cage): 33.5"
Waist (around widest part): 35.5"
Upper Arm: 12.5"
Around the Hips: 39.7"
Thighs: 24.5"
Calves: 15"

super progress iam sure in 6 months time u will be a ripped guy all the best and i will follow ur thread for sure

[quote]raviraj wrote:
super progress iam sure in 6 months time u will be a ripped guy all the best and i will follow ur thread for sure [/quote]

Thanks raviraj - really glad to see another fellow Indian do the V-Diet! Stay strong!

Log of Day 1’s intermediate training:

A. Front Squat (used 30 lbs on barbell as I’ve never done this version of the squat)
9, 5, 5, 5

B. Chin-up (prefer this to Lat Pulldown)
4, 3, 2, 2, 2, 2, 1, 1, 1, 2

C. Dumbell Bench Press (40 lb Dumbells)
7, 5, 4, 4

D Ab-Wheel Rollout
3, 3, 2, 2, 2, 3, 3

Analysis:

For Front Squats, will try 25 lbs plates next time now that I have the form down.

For chin-ups, continue going in to dead hang starting position every time

For Dumbell Bench Press, try 50 Lb dumbells next time

For Ab-rollout, try to go further out and get in 1-2 per set.

NEPA for Day 1:

Got in a solid 1 hour at 4 MPH on 5 incline on treadmill.

Me thinks, I am going to go through a lot of audio books/ podcasts in the next 6 weeks!

NEPA for Day 2 (Tue, March 17):

Got in another solid hour on treadmill at 4 MPH and 5 incline.

Log of 2nd workout session (Day 3 - March 18):

A. Reverse Lunge using 35 Lb dumbells
10, 8, 6, 6, 6, 4

B. Bent-over Row using 35 Lb dumbells
8, 5, 6, 5, 5, 5, 5

C. Push Press using 30 Lb dumbells
7, 6, 6, 5, 5, 5, 4, 2

D. Barbell Curl - 40 Lbs
8, 7, 6, 6, 6, 5

E. Reverse Crunch on floor
7, 8, 6, 7, 6, 7

Notes for next time:
Increase Lunge weights to 40 Lb dumbells
Increase Bent over row weight to 40 Lb dumbells
Continue Push Press at 30 lb dumbells
Increase Barbell curl to 45 Lbs
Continue good form on reverse crunch

Hi there…yes that was Mandvi Beach…we were at the Bidada Medical Camp doing Xray in January. Most of our time was in Gujarat going to Jamnagar, Junaghad and Bhuj. It was my fisrt time in India and I loved it. We did fly into Mumbai and stayed for a few days before heading north. That is a crazy place!!!

We thought for sure we were going to die crossing the roads or taking the rickshaw…but we survived. Before heading to India we spent about 10 days in Thailand and Cambodia…That was also wonderful.

Best of luck on the V-Diet. I hope that I can make it…I’m on day 2 today! I know this is your second time…you rock!

NEPA on Day 3 (March 18) was brutal!

I had to get off the treadmill after 40 minutes (@ 4mph and 5% incline) - but later on in the evening, walked to the local grocery store instead of driving - giving me another 30 minutes of NEPA!