Biotest

Vegas V-Dieter, Take 2

I’m back for my second try at the V-Diet. I failed my first one due to a nasty UTI.

This time, failure is not an option, and I’m making it a point to drink as much water as I possibly can.

Day 1 is going well so far. I spent the last week eating anything that I might find tempting on the diet, in the hopes that even thinking about that kind of food would gross me out. It’s working… the thought of anything greasy or any kind of fast food makes me want to gag.

Measurements and pics are coming.

Measurements:
Height - 65.75in
Weight- 138lbs
Neck - 13.25in
Shoulders - 39in
Chest - Upper - 38.5in
Chest - Lower - 31in
Waist - at Navel - 29in
Waist - at largest - 32.75in
Hips - at largest -36in
Upper Arm - L - 11in
Upper Arm - R - 11.25in
Upper Leg - L - 19.5in
Upper Leg - R - 19.5in
Lower Leg - L - 13in
Lower Leg - R - 13in
Ankle - L - 9in
Ankle - R - 8.5in

Day 1 workout rocked! The shakes have been going down well, and I had no issues with the Surge Recovery… putting lots of ice and sipping it really helped.

Day 2 is going well so far, no complaints. :slight_smile: I just think to myself when I’m drinking my shakes that I’m damn lucky I get to drink them. It definitely helps. :slight_smile:

I keep telling you little sis - you’re not nearly 5’6" - I’ve got an inch of height on you and I’m not 5’7"… :stuck_out_tongue:

Good luck - love you…

Stop being such a hater, Big Sister. :stuck_out_tongue:

I’ll have Mark measure my height for me when we do our measurements. He’s doing the workouts with me as a show of solidarity. Though our measurements cracked me up, because they were quite similar.

Anyways, Day 2 went very well. Shakes are going down well, though I still hate the strawberry flavor with an undying passion. I’ve also been making it a point to watch Bizarre Foods with Andrew Zimmern, which makes me thankful for the shakes, even the strawberry one. Seriously… the guy ate a beating heart from a frog and had lizard sake! As far as I’m concerned, the shakes might as well be nectar from the gods.

Anyways, Day 3 is going well. I’m looking forward to the workout later. :slight_smile:

Workouts #2 and #3 were fantastic! The weekend was wonderful. I had my HSM on Saturday… Spinach salad, and buffalo tacos with black beans, spinach, bell peppers, and low-carb tortillas. It was simply divine.

Of course, my mother made my Dad get Wendy’s for them to eat for dinner… I was displeased. I told my mom she was rude and inconsiderate, because what’s the point in getting fast food when dinner’s ready? She was like, “I was craving it, blah blah blah, are we supposed to not eat fast food because you’re doing some diet, blah blah blah.”

I was like… :expressionless: facepalm Of course, this is the woman who’s like, “why are you doing that? You’re going to fail it anyways.” So toxic… oh well. I’m taking her comments and using them to keep myself motivated.

So… I’d like to talk more about workout #3. My friend Mark is going to the gym with me on workout days, and it was wonderful to have someone there to encourage me and give me support.

I had him try the Surge Recovery after the workout, and he said it was pretty hard to choke down. He also suggested someone create a beer or whiskey flavored version of it, or at least something less sweet. I’m definitely going to have to order some of the regular flavor… the raspberry reminds me of cotton candy. I don’t like cotton candy.

Anyways, Day 6 is going well. The sweetness of the shakes hasn’t been getting to me so much, which is good. Not a fan of sweet things.

Well, the Original Surge reminds me of vanilla cake frosting. Pick your poison. :slight_smile:

[quote]msmit002 wrote:
Well, the Original Surge reminds me of vanilla cake frosting. Pick your poison. :)[/quote]

Wow. I guess you just can’t win sometimes. :stuck_out_tongue:

V Burn Challenge results: 21:19

I was pretty tired by the end of it, but it was a good kind of tired.

Measurements and pictures are coming. I’ve decided to switch from beginner to intermediate… the beginner workouts don’t feel like they’re as hard this time.

Weight is down to 133.9 from 138.1

Weight- 138lbs - 134 (might as well round up)
Neck - 13.25in - 13in
Shoulders - 39in - 39.5in
Chest - Upper - 38.5in - 37.75in
Chest - Lower - 31in - 30.75in
Waist - at Navel - 29in - 29in
Waist - at largest - 32.75in - 31in
Hips - at largest - 36in - 34.5in
Upper Arm - L - 11in - 11in
Upper Arm - R - 11.25in - 11in
Upper Leg - L - 19.5in - 19in
Upper Leg - R - 19.5in - 19in
Lower Leg - L - 13in - 13in
Lower Leg - R - 13in - 13in
Ankle - L - 9in - 8.5in
Ankle - R - 8.5in - 8.5in

The first intermediate workout was wonderful, and I’m looking forward to the next one tonight.

The sweetness of the shakes is starting to bother me… I’m half tempted to sprinkle some cayenne pepper in with it, but I’m sure it wouldn’t taste as good as I think it would.

The random craving for this week is: Eggplant. I have no idea why. I don’t normally eat eggplant, but god, the idea of grilled eggplant, the texture, the taste, the smell of it… it’s completely droolworthy. Mmm… eggplant… om nom nom.

Looks like a really good start!!
Yeah, the sweetness did get to me too. Just keep pushing. Remember, this is a finite amount of time.

I’m with ya! I totally wanted grilled eggplant and grilled red peppers yesterday!

Okay… here’s the over the weekend update…

Friday’s and Sunday’s workouts kicked my ass… especially Sunday’s. My arms were exhausted! I loved it. :slight_smile:

The HSM was delicious… we had grilled veggie skewers with eggplant, squash, mushrooms and assorted bell peppers, spinach and endive salad (no dressing for me) and a little bit of rabbit. It was amazing! This week, we’re going to do buffalo steaks with steamed veggies… not sure what veggies just yet. We’ll see what I’m craving in a few days.

The shakes are going down well, and the Surge Recovery doesn’t bother me anymore.

Though, my mother pissed me off again this weekend, pointing out stretch marks, cause apparently mine look horrible. So I pointed them out to Mark, and he was like, WTF? Thank God I have some good people supporting me through this… though my mother still irks me.

stretch marks suck, but they happens. While I don’t love them either it does show I’m making progress in the battle to lose the weight.

Keep up the hardwork.

And I’m back! Things have been going well, though the clap push ups for the V-burn cost me time and were hysterical to watch. I faceplanted a few times. Okay, maybe more than a few. But I still enjoyed the challenge and a got a laugh out of it. I’m shooting for fewer faceplants next week… none would be the most preferable, though.

I measured my body fat this week, because my boss found his body fat calculator. I was pissed… still am.

Body fat: 19.3%
Weight: 133lbs
Neck - 13.25in - 13in - 13.25in
Shoulders - 39in - 39.5in - 40in
Chest - Upper - 38.5in - 37.75in - 37.5in
Chest - Lower - 31in - 30.75in - 29.75in
Waist - at Navel - 29in - 29in - 28.5in
Waist - at largest - 32.75in - 31in - 30.5in
Hips - at largest - 36in - 34.5in - 34.5in
Upper Arm - L - 11in - 11in - 10.5in
Upper Arm - R - 11.25in - 11in - 10.5in
Upper Leg - L - 19.5in - 19in - 18.5in
Upper Leg - R - 19.5in - 19in - 18.5in
Lower Leg - L - 13in - 13in - 12.5in
Lower Leg - R - 13in - 13in - 12.5in
Ankle - L - 9in - 8.5in - 8.5in
Ankle - R - 8.5in - 8.5in - 8.5in

The difference from last week to this week is -4 inches. The difference overall is -10.25 inches. I’m pretty pleased with my progress so far, though I wish I was losing a little more around my midsection. Oh well, for the most part, it’s been steady, and steady is a good thing.

I got the banana cream flavor shake in… not sure how I feel about it, as I usually hate anything banana flavored. Seriously. But now I’m thinking a strawberry-banana flavor shake would be a good thing… mmm… I think I’m going to have to add fruit to the salad for the HSM this week. Right now, I’m craving oranges, carrots, celery, broccoli, spinach, and mushrooms. I don’t particularly care for carrots or celery, so this is a good thing… a very good thing. I’ve also learned that while I like the smell of fried chicken, the actual sight of it grosses me out. Like whenever I see a commercial for fast food, I don’t want whatever they’re trying to sell. My stomach turns, and I just think about all that grease and fat and blah, and what it would do to my body.

Oh well… it’s Day 16 and I’m still going strong.

By the way, Big Sister, if you’re reading this, call Dad.

Just an idea for the Surge Recovery…I am starting the V-Diet tomorrow but I have been drinking the Surge Recovery for a while now. One day I decided to mix the original with the raspberry flavor and it really cut the medicine taste of the raspberry and the sweetness of the original. It is obviously still very sweet but it made it easier for me to drink. I know you aren’t having trouble getting them down but I know that varying the flavors might help…:slight_smile:

lk - I’m going to have to try that. I’ll order some of the original flavor tonight or tomorrow.

I missed last night’s workout due to a pulled muscle in my neck, but I will be making it up tonight.

I’ve learned that after my last workout, I need to start taping my wrists… it’s not that I can’t lift the weight I want to lift, it’s that my wrists kill me during and afterward. So, tonight I’ll try taping it. That should work well… I did the same thing when I used to throw shotput in high school.

Workout on Friday was okay… I had trouble with the weights, and I cannot place weight on my shoulders for step ups… it aggravates the nerve damage and trigger points something fierce.

HSM on Saturday was INCREDIBLE. Had carrots, celery, white asparagus, salad and buffalo steak. Words cannot describe how good that buffalo steak was… total foodgasm. I really enjoyed the carrots and celery. The crispness and texture were very much appreciated.

Body fat: 19.2%
Weight: 131lbs
Neck - 13.25in - 13in - 13.25in - 12.75in
Shoulders - 39in - 39.5in - 40in - 40in
Chest - Upper - 38.5in - 37.75in - 37.5in - 36.75in
Chest - Lower - 31in - 30.75in - 29.75in - 29.75in
Waist - at Navel - 29in - 29in - 28.5in - 27.5in
Waist - at largest - 32.75in - 31in - 30.5in - 30.25in
Hips - at largest - 36in - 34.5in - 34.5in - 34in
Upper Arm - L - 11in - 11in - 10.5in - 11in
Upper Arm - R - 11.25in - 11in - 10.5in - 11in
Upper Leg - L - 19.5in - 19in - 18.5in - 18in
Upper Leg - R - 19.5in - 19in - 18.5in - 18in
Lower Leg - L - 13in - 13in - 12.5in - 12in
Lower Leg - R - 13in - 13in - 12.5in - 12in
Ankle - L - 9in - 8.5in - 8.5in - 8.25in
Ankle - R - 8.5in - 8.5in - 8.5in - 8.25in

I had a blonde moment with my v-burn and messed up the timer, so I’m not sure what my time was, other than it burned, burned, burned! But it felt so good… :smiley:

Shakes are getting a little harder to down, but it doesn’t matter… today is day 22, and I’ll be damned if I stop now.

I’m really looking forward to hitting the gym tonight for the workout.

The last few workouts were AMAZING. V burn final challenge time was 26:53. I’d hoped for better, but I kept on faceplanting with the clap push ups… not as much as I did before, but still too much for my taste.

Weight: 138lbs - 130lbs
Neck - 13.25in - 13in - 13.25in - 12.75in - 13
Shoulders - 39in - 39.5in - 40in - 40in - 39.75in
Chest - Upper - 38.5in - 37.75in - 37.5in - 36.75in - 37.25in
Chest - Lower - 31in - 30.75in - 29.75in - 29.75in - 29in
Waist - at Navel - 29in - 29in - 28.5in - 27.5in - 27in
Waist - at largest - 32.75in - 31in - 30.5in - 30.25in - 29.75in
Hips - at largest - 36in - 34.5in - 34.5in - 34in - 34in
Upper Arm - L - 11in - 11in - 10.5in - 11in - 11in
Upper Arm - R - 11.25in - 11in - 10.5in - 11in - 10.5in
Upper Leg - L - 19.5in - 19in - 18.5in - 18in - 18in
Upper Leg - R - 19.5in - 19in - 18.5in - 18in - 18in
Lower Leg - L - 13in - 13in - 12.5in - 12in - 11.75in
Lower Leg - R - 13in - 13in - 12.5in - 12in - 11.75in
Ankle - L - 9in - 8.5in - 8.5in - 8.25in - 8.25in
Ankle - R - 8.5in - 8.5in - 8.5in - 8.25in - 8.25in

Looking forward to the first transition phase workout tonight, not to mention an HSM! :smiley:

Hope everyone’s doing well!

wow your doing great
I started my second one today :slight_smile:
you are having great results so far!!keep it up!