Biotest

V-Diet Workout Clarification

Chris,

I came across your program and am really excited about taking on the challenge. However, I seem to have some confusion. It’s probably something I have overlooked but, exactly how many sets per exercise per workout are you doing?

I know you’ve outlined a total number of reps and that it may take multiple sets to reach the initial rep number. Is it just one set of the total prescribed reps? In the workout log it shows multiple sets per exercise, I didnt know if this was to track how sets it took you or how many you’re actually supposed to do…

Any light you could shed on this would be greatly appreciated.

First, make sure you’ve read the “Secrets to Velocity Training” tab. A lot of folks seem to skip the instructions there.

Let’s say you’ve chosen to use the intermediate program. Okay, so Wednesday is a “Medium” day. You’re supposed to get 8-9 reps ON THE FIRST SET. That’s how you choose your weight. Get 12? Too light. Get 6? too heavy. Get 8-9 with good form.

Now, you keep that same weight for the whole exercise. You keep doing sets, paying attention to the rest periods between sets, until you reach 40 total reps for that exercise. Doesn’t matter how many sets it takes. And you won’t get 8-9 reps every set of course. If you do, you went too light. So it might look like this on Medium day:

Set 1: 8 reps
Set 2: 8 reps
Set 3: 7 reps
Set 4: 6 reps
Set 5: 4 reps
Set 6: 3 reps
Set 7: 2 reps
Set 8: 2 reps

That’s 40 total reps.

Or you may do it in 9 or 10 sets. Doesn’t matter. Get 40 total reps for that exercise (not for a set) using whatever weight you need to get 8-9 reps on the first set. That first set helps you choose the weight.

Be sure to pay attention the rest periods and tempo guidelines as well. All this is written in the plan. Don’t skip instructional tabs.