Biotest

V-Diet Without Weight Training?

Ok, I might get stoned for this question but I will ask anyway.

I have undergone an operation and will most likely not be able to do heavy lifting in the next month. However, light cardio will be ok.

I want to uncover my abs for summer.

So, do I risk losing much muscle mass when doing the V-Diet without weight training?

ummm depends.

I would suggest doing whatever lifts you can even if it’s not for much in weight.

make sure you get your BCAA and creatine in if you don’t want to lose much muscle on a restrictive diet.

-chris

I got 2 bottles of BCAA, 1 bottle of creatine, 1 bottle of TRIBEX and 1/2 a bottle of REZ-V. On hindsight, I should have included more TRIBEX and REZ-V in my recent order, because stocking up on it will be costly because of international shipping costs.

I guess whatever muscle I lose, I should be able to gain it back quickly.

uhm… you can try and see what happens… though I think you should really focus on getting better, eating healthy contributes to positive recovery as your body needs to repair from your operation.

Yeah, I was thinking about how the diet might effect the healing process.

But it was a minor operation (varicose vein operation on both legs).

I will also add 2 servings of Superfood per day.

Honestly, I’d wait until you can do the diet perfectly. Doesn’t mean you can’t eat healthy and drop some fat before summer, but I’d hold off on the V-Diet until you can weight train.

I think I’ll risk it anyway. I have already done it two times and I know it is extremely effective. So I will not get demotivated, if fat loss will be slower this time.

I think it will be ok for me to do some light weight training (high rep stuff, not going to failure) at least for the upper body. Also body weight squats and push ups will definitely be ok. I have to check with the doc which I will see at the end of next week.

It’s not so much the slowed fat loss that’s the concern, it’s more of the impending muscle loss. Without doing heavy lifting your body will see no reason for you to keep your muscle mass on such low calories. I’d hold off if I were you and just focus on eating clean and doing moderate weight training until you’re fully healed and able to lift heavy.

-dizzle

[quote]chris666 wrote:
I think I’ll risk it anyway. I have already done it two times and I know it is extremely effective. So I will not get demotivated, if fat loss will be slower this time.

I think it will be ok for me to do some light weight training (high rep stuff, not going to failure) at least for the upper body. Also body weight squats and push ups will definitely be ok. I have to check with the doc which I will see at the end of next week.

[/quote]

If you’ve done it twice, you shouldn’t have a lot to lose, unless you spend your down time at McDonald’s. Why mess with a good thing?

I’ve generally found that unless I follow something precisely, the results are way less than optimal.

But heck, you may lose MORE doing it differently. Come back and post results, we’ll all be interested.

Best of luck!!

If you have undergone an operation your body is going to be rebuilding and repairing not only the original issue that forced the operation - but the trauma from the operation itself.

Rather than thinking about losing fat while recovering you may want to focus on eating strictly to control carbs and calories and giving your body everything it needs to heal as fast as possible so you can get back to the gym then you can go all out on the V-Diet.

[quote]chris666 wrote:

[/quote]

1. The creator of this diet himself has told you to hold off.

2. Do you really want to risk what remains of your muscle?

I’d do what Chris said and wait till you can do the diet properly. That way you’ll see better results and you can focus on your recovery. Hope that goes well btw.

Ok guys, you convinced me. I ain’t gonna do it. You stopped me from doing something really stupid. Thank you!

I am just going to tighten up my diet (no carbs except from fruit and vegetables, no weekly cheat pizza). No severe calorie restriction. Let’s see, if I can still shed 4 lbs of blubber in the next 4 weeks.

[quote]chris666 wrote:
Ok guys, you convinced me. I ain’t gonna do it. You stopped me from doing something really stupid. Thank you!

I am just going to tighten up my diet (no carbs except from fruit and vegetables, no weekly cheat pizza). No severe calorie restriction. Let’s see, if I can still shed 4 lbs of blubber in the next 4 weeks.[/quote]

You can still do it later… just recover first.